Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recovery of videos from a formatted card
672 7 2021-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevmaydude
lvl.1
United States

Hi All,  any help would be greatly appreciated!

Before I downloaded the videos and images from a Lexar Micro SD card that I use in Phantom 4, I accidently formated the card.  I was able to recover the still images with a recovery software,  but the videos with this same software are pixalated in spots,  so the video is unusable.  

I'm trying to see if anyone has done something similar and was able to recover their videos with software and which software did you use and was it effective?

Thanks so much for any help and it's very much appreciated!

Kev
2021-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have used Stellar Photo Recovery software with great success.  I was able to fully restore the videos I had formatted over.  Not freeware and think I paid around 35 US Dollars.

Hope you are able to recover your videos as well.  
2021-5-21
Use props
kevmaydude
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-21 04:28
I have used Stellar Photo Recovery software with great success.  I was able to fully restore the videos I had formatted over.  Not freeware and think I paid around 35 US Dollars.

Hope you are able to recover your videos as well.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you RDB,  I've been on the road and just got back home.  I gave that Stellar Recovery a try and unfortunately it could recover the files,  but they were damaged and won't open.  I'll have to keep searching for some other software that might work.

Thanks again for your help and suggestion and sorry about the delay in thanking you!

Kev
2021-5-31
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

kevmaydude Posted at 5-31 08:39
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you RDB,  I've been on the road and just got back home.  I gave that Stellar Recovery a try and unfortunately it could recover the files,  but they were damaged and won't open.  I'll have to keep searching for some other software that might work.

Thanks again for your help and suggestion and sorry about the delay in thanking you!

Try R-Undelete and make shure you use the option RAW DATA SCAN.
2021-5-31
Use props
kevmaydude
lvl.1
United States

Miguel Leitao Posted at 5-31 08:47
Try R-Undelete and make shure you use the option RAW DATA SCAN.

Thanks for that suggestion Miguel and I'll give it a try and we'll see what happens!  Thanks again!  
2021-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

kevmaydude Posted at 5-31 08:39
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you RDB,  I've been on the road and just got back home.  I gave that Stellar Recovery a try and unfortunately it could recover the files,  but they were damaged and won't open.  I'll have to keep searching for some other software that might work.

Sorry Stellar Recovery didn't work for you.  
2021-6-1
Use props
kevmaydude
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-1 02:21
Sorry Stellar Recovery didn't work for you.

Thanks again and no worries on that!  
2021-6-5
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Keep trying various data recovery software. Most have a free trial and you may find one that does work.
2021-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules