DJI FPV and Mavic 2 combined to survey airport construction
365 7 2021-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eclair29
lvl.2
Flight distance : 306499 ft
Cambodia

I have combined the powers of both Mavic 2 zoom and the FPV to survey this new airport construction.
The waypoint tour allows me to apply the same video tour every time and that makes for some sort of hyperlapse. Although I can never get the same flight path everytime. I always need to adjust the frames to overlap the scenes.
The FPV allows to get closer and faster near the structures.

2021-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Eclair29. Good day and thank you for posting this cool aerial video you have filmed. The construction site looks amazing from the air. Great work and keep flying. .
2021-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-5-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely documented.  
2021-5-21
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Cool. Enjoy it while you can - before the airport opens ;-)
2021-5-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2021-5-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2021-5-21
Use props
Eclair29
lvl.2
Flight distance : 306499 ft
Cambodia

Thank you for your support
I'm all ears to critics as well both for improving the video experience and the flying technics.

Actually I am looking for a tutorial video on the possibilities and limitations of the DJI FPV. Some kind of technical walkthrough of figures that can be used while filming  buildings.
For example, I don't find the inverted flight and roll (at 1min30  )  to be nice. It is hard to stop the roll back on the horizontal line
Also, , at 1min30'  I fly down along a building, but I cannot manage to stay straight down. All the time the drone will move away from the building so I think I need to play with the camera angle. But should the camera be at 0° ?
If someone has already done the math and the trials and errors, I want to hear about it!

Finally, using the waypoints tour could be improved. If I want my videos to be following the exact same track, how should I improve?
- I recon I have to take off from the exact same place every time because otherwise the height of the waypoints will be different - they are calculated from the Home point
- I want a smooth video so I select curve flight, but is the curve always the same every flight?
- should I re-calibrate the compass every time even if I am not asked to? On one flight the drone will be dead center on the runway centerline and the next time it will be a few degrees sideways...
2021-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules