charging slider missing !
656 10 2021-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BASC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 359478 ft
United Kingdom

I am on the latest fly app 1.4.2 and for some reason i cannot find the charging slider ,normally i leave this off .i dont want the controller to try and charge my ipad ....
am i missing something here or have DJI removed this for a reason ?
2021-5-21
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

You aren't missing anything...It was removed from the app now. It was supposedly changed to charging by default ( like Android was all the time) but I have seen some that claim that it isn't charging! So, if you normally don't have that "on" and don't want it on maybe it is for the best...lol
2021-5-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BASC. Thanks for reaching out! Turning off charging for iOS devices has been removed in the latest version of the DJI Fly and designed to charge iOS devices automatically by default.
2021-5-21
Use props
djiuser_dHstG28VVLBw
lvl.1
Sweden

Edited the message see below
2021-5-22
Use props
HenrikZ SWE
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-21 05:21
Hi, BASC. Thanks for reaching out! Turning off charging for iOS devices has been removed in the latest version of the DJI Fly and designed to charge iOS devices automatically by default.

Thanks for info, but i can not see that my phone is charging ,the battery icon changes breifly to green to indicate charge when cable is connected and then goes back to normal white after 2 seconds.
It also seems that the power decreases when flying so I guess there is a bug in the app.

Tried on 2 different phones, Iphone 11pro with iOS 14.5.1 and my iphoneSE 2nd gen with iOS 14.5.1
2021-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HenrikZ SWE Posted at 5-22 02:01
Thanks for info, but i can not see that my phone is charging ,the battery icon changes breifly to green to indicate charge when cable is connected and then goes back to normal white after 2 seconds.
It also seems that the power decreases when flying so I guess there is a bug in the app.

Regarding the charging issue, this has been forwarded already to our engineers and will be fixed accordingly via an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your great support and understanding.
2021-5-22
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The option to stop the charging on IOS would be nice to have back, a lot of us don't like this feature on auto please can we have the slider option back DJI ?
2021-5-24
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

on 1.4.2 my ipad charged,now on 1.4.3 it wont charge at all just says not charging ,,,,so the app is worst than the last 1.4.2  come DJI get it together .
2021-5-24
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

HenrikZ SWE Posted at 5-22 02:01

just the same on 1.4.3 ......stangely enough it worked on my ipad on 1.4.2
2021-5-24
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I’ve been looking for this feature since getting the Air 2s the other day.
I’d like to add my vote to having this option to turn it on and off put back into the app.
2021-5-24
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

looking on line it seems the latest fly app has broken the ability to charge any ipads, seems to work on phones,,,,
2021-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules