New DJI Fly 1.4.2 Video feed freeze bug.
123Next >
11538 82 2021-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sloow
New
Canada

I am having the same issue on IOS with an iPhone 8. Screen freezes. zero functionality. Can bring the drone back with the remote. Occasionally the frame updates, but access is not restored until I shut down drone, remote and close the app.
2021-8-21
Use props
QMS/FilmIT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 992405 ft
Vietnam

This is now completely out of hand, my business relies on my drones and I now an unable to fly and record.
it freezes every single time.

I'm on all the latest firmware and dji flyapp on android 11.
How can we dwongrade ? I can't find the old APK's   

2021-8-21
Use props
QMS/FilmIT
lvl.1
Vietnam

So i had the 1.4.0 APK on my phone still, uninstalled and reinstalled the 1.4.0 and tested a quick flight - no issues yet...
At least I can get back to work now
2021-8-21
Use props
joshbootz
New

United States

I had the same issue in a flight with my brand new 2S. Never had the same happen with the other app. Feed and app controls frozen. Controller was fine but ruined my chance of getting the footage I needed flying commercially under part 107. All firmware updates were current as of 2012-08-20.
Any chance DJI will update soon? My only other real option is to buy a used mavic 2 pro to continue working. 2S is not reliable at this point.
2021-8-23
Use props
joshbootz
New

United States

I had the same issue in a flight with my brand new 2S. Never had the same happen with the other app. Feed and app controls frozen. Controller was fine but ruined my chance of getting the footage I needed flying commercially under part 107. All firmware updates were current as of 2021-08-20.
Any chance DJI will update soon? My only other real option is to buy a used mavic 2 pro to continue working. 2S is not reliable at this point.
2021-8-23
Use props
djiuser_73LhwkIEoVPw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9614318 ft
United States

I have an air2s with the latest firmware controller latest firmware and the latest release of the fly app I'm using a Galaxy Note 20 with Android 11.

I didn't have the issue on my first air to s but my own error caused the crash and I used my care refresh for a replacement.
Beginning with the second drone, which was a refurbish I started having a whole bunch of issues and immediately opened a ticket with care support.

We discovered that when turning the remote and drone on, even if I was set in cinema mode, it would fly as if it were in normal mode. (Unfortunately we figured that out too late and when I attempted to make a subtle move it burst off quickly because even though the remote was set to cinema, it was flying as if in normal).

Since I already had a ticket open, customer support told me to send it in.
And then I got a $110 bill for the repair.

I think there was an app update when I got the refurbished drone though I do not remember for sure I'm 85% sure.

Cont...
2021-8-24
Use props
djiuser_73LhwkIEoVPw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9614318 ft
United States

... now that I have a third drone, the second one they have sent me refurbished (even though I paid for them to repair the second one not for a replacement), I have been able to get clear on all of the issues.
I was still troubleshooting and attempting to figure out what all was going on.

Currently, several times-of-flight, the compass stops reporting accurately, the altitude freezes, the distance from me freezes, though I still have the camera view.
Sometimes the app fully closes itself.
When the above mentioned things freeze, I can still hit record or stop or take a picture and sometimes I'm completely locked out from any of the functions within the app and I have to force close it and manually restart.

No matter what the issue, the only solution is to manually close the app and then force restart.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, it's incredibly dangerous and it's absolutely ridiculous to be dealing with these issues on a $1,000 drone that is advertised as Android compatible.
2021-8-24
Use props
djiuser_rQGIyrhfz0aK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6657005 ft
United States

I have a mini 2, air 2, and air 2S.  Since the last download all three drones now have lagging feed.  This is with an I phone.  Any word on when this will be updated and fixed?
2021-8-31
Use props
djiuser_rQGIyrhfz0aK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6657005 ft
United States

djiuser_vXI9oxzIIBv9 Posted at 8-14 06:30
I have the same video freeze issue. Was flying my Air2 for a year without a problem, this month I updated dji fly app 1.2.4 to 1.4.8 and a couple of flights later I got this issue. The screen has frosen (I don't know if the speed/distance indicators were alive) but the drone was responding to my controls. Flight log replay also stops at the moment the picture was lost, so don't know if it's useful.

Me too, with my mini 2, air 2, AND air 2S.  Frustrating….
2021-8-31
Use props
djiuser_Mc1eRw3MIrIb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25791 ft
India

Hi DJI,

Drone model : DJI mini2
App: DJI fly app

Since two weeks till today , app freeze occurs  and I cannot see the live video in IOS DEVICE after sometime. After restarting the app , I noticed there is delay in response from the app when we ready to take off  or fly.. live video freezes for a sec frame by frame.  
Even after the firmware update it appears to be the same.

But video got recorded without any freeze and stored in memory card even though live video got freeze . So the issue is with DJI FLY APP.

Can you suggest any other work around?.. it was working perfectly a month ago.. I fly for more than 2.5 kms without any issues.

2021-9-4
Use props
QMS/FilmIT
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_Mc1eRw3MIrIb Posted at 9-4 23:59
Hi DJI,

Drone model : DJI mini2

Downgrade to 1.4.0 - only solution so far...
I get a bit of lag and framey feed and the occasional black screen bug - but at least the screen does not freeze anymore.

This bug is scarey - if your drone is out of LOS you have no choice but to RTH and restart everything and hope and pray you can get your shot before it freaks out again....

DJI some recognition please - tell us something!!!
2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_O7xWhkEpRjqk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174865 ft
United States

Here it is September and the issue still hasn't been fixed, I'm still getting the freezing and blackout screen, seems to mainly happen when taking pictures and once in a while while taking a video, pretty ironic that alot of people buy DJI drones for professional picture taking and this is a huge issue when doing so lmao, all my years of flying I've never had any type issue with even cheap drone apps and it's head scratching that drones this expensive do, it's extremely dangerous and makes no sense that this issue hasn't been fixed yet, it's actually costing DJI new customers, I was showing a friend a couple weeks ago and had him sold on buying a DJI up until the DJI Fly App started freezing and blacking out, he then said there's no way possible he would spend that much money on a drone and take a chance on losing it all because the app lost  sight of the drone, mind blowing that this issue hasn't already been fixed and DJI isn't giving us any update
2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_gIihSjqPOkP3
New

United States

I'm having the exact same issue. It's happened several times a flight. It started after the last update and has been consistently happening since. The drone can be a few feet away and the video will still freeze. I haven't been able to get video back short of closing and reopening the dji fly app. It has happened in multiple locations and on multiple days. I have a DJI mini 2
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_gIihSjqPOkP3
New

United States

I'm having the exact same issue. It's happened several times a flight. It started after the last update and has been consistently happening since. The drone can be a few feet away and the video will still freeze. It has happened in multiple locations and on multiple days. I have a DJI mini 2. Close and reopen app is the only workaround I've found.
2021-9-11
Use props
Johnnothesea
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6414905 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Flying the Air2s  over the past few weeks with both Android and iOS devices , i have only recently started to experience this bug with the Android device. Camera feeds drops out briefly for about 10 seconds then returns. No issue with my iPad5
2021-9-11
Use props
infohou
New
United States

Johnnothesea Posted at 9-11 13:37
Flying the Air2s  over the past few weeks with both Android and iOS devices , i have only recently started to experience this bug with the Android device. Camera feeds drops out briefly for about 10 seconds then returns. No issue with my iPad5

I am on an iPhone 11Pro with IOS 14.7.1 .   DJI Fly is 1.4.8.  

I have only made a few test flights, but have noticed no freezes.  Air 2S was on old firmware.  Sorry I did not record the version.  I have not flown with the latest firmware.

Maybe some of you need to update your DJI Fly?

Hope you find an answer,
Robert
2021-9-11
Use props
QMS/FilmIT
lvl.1
Australia

infohou Posted at 9-11 16:24
I am on an iPhone 11Pro with IOS 14.7.1 .   DJI Fly is 1.4.8.  

I have only made a few test flights, but have noticed no freezes.  Air 2S was on old firmware.  Sorry I did not record the version.  I have not flown with the latest firmware.

mine was also fine for a while, I fly every day and kept my device updated religiously then bam it just happened.
2021-9-16
Use props
fans42eeb9ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45417 ft
Australia

When flying my Mini 2, the screen on my Android or iPad  freezes quite frequently. My firmware is updated for all devices. The only good news is that the RTH function works. I wish DJI could work up some appetite to fix this bug, which is pretty serious in that it involves an aborted mission
2021-9-17
Use props
vinn
New

United Kingdom

Same happening here. Mini 2. app Version 1.4.8. Only had the drone 2 days. First day everything was perfect. The next day the video feed (I wasn't recording at the time) just froze while in flight. Luckily the drone still responded to the controls. I landed, restarted everything and took off again - the exact same thing happened a minute or so into the flight. Then I researched online and find that hundreds of users are having exactly the same issue.
I didn't pay £550 for this crap!
2021-9-22
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Try the 1.4.8 (version 1185) Beta/Official
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4 ... ficial-sec.apk?dl=0
2021-9-27
Use props
Chrk
New
Flight distance : 48438 ft
Australia

videoeditman Posted at 9-27 12:43
Try the 1.4.8 (version 1185) Beta/Official
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4 ... ficial-sec.apk?dl=0

Have you found this version fixes the issue?

[New mini 2 owner here, a few black screens and freezing on my second flight yesterday, app version 1.2.8 ver 1120]
Interesting note, on my first flight the previous day I had no freezing or black screens which is interesting because I hadn't changed all the settings yet. I had the video on 1080p, and photos on jpg only, both of which were changed on the next flight. Not saying these are the cause but just something to keep in mind.
2021-9-28
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

Chrk Posted at 9-28 14:16
Have you found this version fixes the issue?

[New mini 2 owner here, a few black screens and freezing on my second flight yesterday, app version 1.2.8 ver 1120]

My failure was the information, buttons etc. did not function when locked up. You could try to load it usually black screens are under powered phones or interference.
2021-9-29
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_73LhwkIEoVPw Posted at 8-24 17:22
... now that I have a third drone, the second one they have sent me refurbished (even though I paid for them to repair the second one not for a replacement), I have been able to get clear on all of the issues.
I was still troubleshooting and attempting to figure out what all was going on.

If using Android try 1.4.8 (version1185) Beta/original. I had all my info, buttons locking up on my Air 2s & Mini 2. I have upgraded and haven't had any issues since! https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4 ... ficial-sec.apk?dl=0
2021-9-29
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

See also issues resolved with Beta 1185
1.4.8 Fly App issues
2021-9-29
Use props
Chrk
New
Flight distance : 48438 ft
Australia

videoeditman Posted at 9-29 04:23
My failure was the information, buttons etc. did not function when locked up. You could try to load it usually black screens are under powered phones or interference.

I have a pixel 3XL which may be underpowered, however i don't feel as though this is causing the issue since other functions still work, can still use all other functions on the screen of the phone, it is only the video transmission that freezes (or goes black), not the app itself.
2021-9-29
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

Chrk Posted at 9-29 16:01
I have a pixel 3XL which may be underpowered, however i don't feel as though this is causing the issue since other functions still work, can still use all other functions on the screen of the phone, it is only the video transmission that freezes (or goes black), not the app itself.

Previously I had a video lock up, fairly close to where I was flying. On my old Samsung Galaxy s6 and MM. I now have the galaxy s10e which has been better!
2021-9-30
Use props
fans70f0342e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 5-24 10:29
Today I flew the drone a very short distance from me and at a height of 4-5m because there is a strong wind.
Just to try. I noticed only come little blockage on the video streaming from the drone.
I recorded a video if necessary.

Hello friend im having the same problem did you ever fix this problem
2021-10-6
Use props
fans70f0342e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 5-24 10:29
Today I flew the drone a very short distance from me and at a height of 4-5m because there is a strong wind.
Just to try. I noticed only come little blockage on the video streaming from the drone.
I recorded a video if necessary.

Hello friend im having the same problem
Did you ever fix yours
2021-10-6
Use props
djiuser_Cl8WyRj60N2k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 568442 ft
United States

I had the same problem with an Air 2S and an Android S21 5G.

Both are fairly new. I purchased the Air 2S only a couple weeks ago, have flown about 40 batteries worth of flights, and then on my last flight I realized there was a firmware update, so I installed that update. While in flight after the firmware update, the whole DJI APP froze while the drone was in flight about 100 meters from me and only 25 meters in the air. I had just switched from video to AEB for a few photo shots. The RTH would not work. Nothing would work.

Luckily the drone was well within sight and I brought it back with the remote and forced landed it. The DJI app worked again after I closed out and reopened the app, but I didnt want to fly it again until I checked the forum here and came across this forum topic.
2021-10-8
Use props
tsiana.marina
New

Greece

I have exacty same issue with DJI mavic mini 2 on my Samsung Galaxy A52. Additionally, the album in my phone doesn't have any of the videos which i rercord today with mini 2 or photos, but in the sd card is all there. In my album in my phone  seems like nothing is recorded. Before the update i can saw in my phone everything i record videos, photos, but after the update yesterday, nothing works as usuall. While mini 2 is flyinng, the app freeze and doesn't come back until i land. My Fly app version is 1.4.12
2021-10-27
Use props
djiuser_Fsf8B0sWD8Qk
lvl.1
Australia

I have this issue was hoping for a reasonand a fix here.
2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_9s4prFuRdNRb
New

United States

I am having the same issue with my new Mavic 3. I use an s10 with the remote that comes in the fly more combo.
2021-11-10
Use props
EliasAU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53209400 ft
Australia

So here I was thinking it was my iPhone 8, then used an iPhoneX, then used iPad Air 2, then used iPad Pro 11 M1, all exactly the same issue.
This is what I have been able to deduct from flights with issues:
Go into a function like master shots, or Follow Mode, or any special function where the DJI Air 2S has to perform automated functions, then go and fly and get a warning like altitude, or wind speed, or some type of issue and then shortly afterwards at no particular time it will cause a frozen screen, I hit RTH and then uplug the phone, reboot the phone and reconnect the phone and the app launches and I get it all back.
I purchased the all new latest and greatest iPad 11 Pro with 512GB SSD and 8G Ram and thought its a processort speed issue, well you cant get any faster and powerful than the M1 chipset at this stage so it's not our gear, its a software bug and I have fly away insurance so I can see a claim coming up soon as I am sure many others will too. Talking to my friend he has had the same issue and thinks I could be right with it happening after a special automated function.
I must add I have never had it happen in normal flights ever.
2021-11-13
Use props
djiuser_LeHyzCbi69bG
New

Spain

Hi! I have just purchased Air 2S with a smart controller and got exactly the same problem from the first flight. The video freezes for a couple of seconds but the drone continues flying. I thought it was a connection problem between the drone and the smart control but it’s not as the recorded footage also freezes and becomes pixelated.  I find it’s super odd having in mind the price of this combo…
2021-12-21
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

djiuser_LeHyzCbi69bG Posted at 12-21 08:17
Hi! I have just purchased Air 2S with a smart controller and got exactly the same problem from the first flight. The video freezes for a couple of seconds but the drone continues flying. I thought it was a connection problem between the drone and the smart control but it’s not as the recorded footage also freezes and becomes pixelated.  I find it’s super odd having in mind the price of this combo…

In your SC window swipe down and select screen record for every flight, it's a bit of a nuisance but I had to end up doing that to prove to DJI the issues I was having with my SC. And if you don't have one yet get a Micro SD card for your SC too.
2021-12-21
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

I have the same
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_s9AEQQfVWnGp
lvl.1
Pakistan

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 2021-5-21 20:30
I also noticed this. I use Mavic Air2.  It freezes for about 1 second.  Is it the same issue?
In a flight of 5 minutes it freezed 10/15 times.

Hi dear,
I have same problem like you, during flight after few second video freez and contine repeatedly,
If your problem solve , pleas let me inform and give solutions pleas.
Thanks
Habib Ahmed
2022-6-25
Use props
zapeelf
lvl.1
Pakistan

Dear, I have a problem with mavic air 02, camera freezes after 02 seconds and continue, then freez and continue
Repeatedly this issue is continuing. When remove ssd and select built in memmory same problem.

Pleas help me in this matter.
Also tell me how can i upload issue video
Thanks
Habib Ahmed
2022-6-26
Use props
zapeelf
lvl.1
Pakistan

Dear, I have a problem with mavic air 02, camera freezes after 02 seconds and continue, then freez and continue
Repeatedly this issue is continuing. When remove ssd and select built in memmory same problem.

Pleas help me in this matter.
Also tell me how can i upload issue video
Thanks
Habib Ahmed
2022-6-26
Use props
zapeelf
lvl.1
Pakistan

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 2021-5-21 20:30
I also noticed this. I use Mavic Air2.  It freezes for about 1 second.  Is it the same issue?
In a flight of 5 minutes it freezed 10/15 times.

Bro i have same problem, but cant resolve.
I updated drone firmware, remove sd card, change mobile, but nothing. Can you give me solution pls.
Also send me your cell no so i can send you short video
Thanx
2022-6-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules