New DJI Fly 1.4.2 Video feed freeze bug.
123Next >
11540 82 2021-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Hi, in addition to the well knowk black screen/app restart bug from previous versions there's a new bug in the DJI Fly 1.4.2 that never happened to me before.

Randomly during flight the video feed will freeze but telemetry and compass still updates normally. I tried to change between HD and Smooth transmision mode while the feed was freezed and it dind't fixed it, the only way to fix it is manually restarting the app. If you don't restart the app the video feed will be freezed the entire flight, it doesn't automatically recover.

It happened to me 2 times already (I've done about 6 flights since the update) so it seems to be quite common. One at long range and the other one at close range. Logs say nothing about it and it didn't happened with the previous versions of the DJI Fly app.

So now when you fly you have like a 25% chance to get a blackscreen/restart and a 33% chance to get a video feed freeze, at least on Android.

Jus tried it with the Air2S, idk if it happens with the Mini 2.

2021-5-21
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

I also noticed this. I use Mavic Air2.  It freezes for about 1 second.  Is it the same issue?
In a flight of 5 minutes it freezed 10/15 times.

My setup:
Mavic Air 2
Xioami Note 10 pro
was flying at a distance of about 150m - 50m altitude
moving in circle ( but noticed also moving on a straight line)

obviously, it's a problem I've never noticed before

After this, moved to another application, not from DJI (Maven) and never seen this issue nor near to me, neither far distant. It means that the problem is not the signal (or the modulation protocol error) but inside the DJI FLY App.
If DJI needs more detailed explanations I can make a second flight trying to note particular operating conditions that lead to the problem on Android and iOs

2021-5-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Huginn Kenningar. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about your experience. Allow us to check the issue you have submitted by uploading the log folder of the DJI Fly. We're looking forward to your response and kindly keep us updated.
2021-5-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 5-21 20:30
I also noticed this. I use Mavic Air2.  It freezes for about 1 second.  Is it the same issue?
In a flight of 5 minutes it freezed 10/15 times.

Hi, Raf_IZ0QWM. We would appreciate it if you could add detailed information about the issue. It is also suggested uploading the log folder of your DJI Fly so we can submit this to our team. Many thanks!
2021-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same thing happened to me with the Mini 2,  first time Ive had an issue,  assumed it was just a glitch but it matches exactly your issue.
2021-5-22
Use props
djiuser_z2tRogwuwuWX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42238 ft
Romania

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 00:30
Same thing happened to me with the Mini 2,  first time Ive had an issue,  assumed it was just a glitch but it matches exactly your issue.

I have the same problem with my mavic mini. I have installed the older version 1.4.0 and the image works well.
2021-5-22
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

In this flight at 12:07 I start RTH because the video feed freezed: https://app.airdata.com/share/eqMNOy/GENERALOverview

The video feed freezed but the telemetry kept updating and I never got the video feed back till I restarted the app manually.
2021-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_z2tRogwuwuWX Posted at 5-22 12:31
I have the same problem with my mavic mini. I have installed the older version 1.4.0 and the image works well.

Hoping 1.4.3 comes soon then.  
2021-5-22
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-21 23:45
Hi, Raf_IZ0QWM. We would appreciate it if you could add detailed information about the issue. It is also suggested uploading the log folder of your DJI Fly so we can submit this to our team. Many thanks!

Gamora, I am having the same issue as reported by the OP and others in this thread.  I'm flying the Air 2S with the new Fly App (V1.4.2) and the Smart Controller.  Prior to the update to V1.4.2 I NEVER once had the video freeze on me. This issue is clearly a result of a bug in the new Fly App update. I flew today for the first time with the updated Fly App and it happened at least 5 times.  This is a safety issue and needs to be rectified with another update ASAP.  What is DJI's position on this issue being reported here and other forums?
2021-5-23
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

Unfortunately it was too windy from me to be able to try it again and save logs for developer control.
I hope to do it as soon as possible.
2021-5-23
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Flew three bateries with my Air 2S/iPad Mini 5 and the new released 1.4.2 Dji Fly from drone-tweaks without any issues or hiccups whatsoever.
2021-5-23
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

ROBERTO SMERA Posted at 5-23 13:20
Flew three bateries with my Air 2S/iPad Mini 5 and the new released 1.4.2 Dji Fly from drone-tweaks without any issues or hiccups whatsoever.

Wondering if this may only be happening on Android/Smart Controller?
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-23 08:31
Gamora, I am having the same issue as reported by the OP and others in this thread.  I'm flying the Air 2S with the new Fly App (V1.4.2) and the Smart Controller.  Prior to the update to V1.4.2 I NEVER once had the video freeze on me. This issue is clearly a result of a bug in the new Fly App update. I flew today for the first time with the updated Fly App and it happened at least 5 times.  This is a safety issue and needs to be rectified with another update ASAP.  What is DJI's position on this issue being reported here and other forums?

This has been forwarded already for further checking. If you could kindly upload the Log folder of the DJI Fly by connecting your Smart Controller to a desktop/laptop, we would appreciate it to fasten up the process. Thanks!
2021-5-23
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-23 23:33
This has been forwarded already for further checking. If you could kindly upload the Log folder of the DJI Fly by connecting your Smart Controller to a desktop/laptop, we would appreciate it to fasten up the process. Thanks!

Gamora, this is my first drone and I have no idea how to access the Log folder.  Do you happen to have a tutorial on how to do this?  The "freeze" bug caused by the 1.4.2 Fly App update is a serious issue that needs to be resolved as soon as possible.  BTW, I'm on a Mac and using the Smart Controller, not sure if that really matters or not but wanted to mention it just in case.  Thanks.
2021-5-24
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

Today I flew the drone a very short distance from me and at a height of 4-5m because there is a strong wind.
Just to try. I noticed only come little blockage on the video streaming from the drone.
I recorded a video if necessary.
For the drone log it takes a while because I don't have a fast line to upload.
I only have the smartphone log.
I'm sorry but the video uploaded on youtube doesn't give a good idea.

This is the video:
This is the Airdata log: https://app.airdata.com/share/gPvhYi

2021-5-24
Use props
user72e884e934
New
Flight distance : 354662 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem discovered today, first flight with 1.4.2 and my video freezes. Dji Mini 2 on Android
2021-5-26
Use props
Meanderthal
lvl.2

United States

No problems for those of us on iOS.
2021-5-26
Use props
EliasP
New
Flight distance : 133084 ft
Sweden

Absolutely same issue happened to me just after update, 3 times in flying 2 batteries long, always had to RTH, as distant flying without video makes no sense.
And it seemed those 0,1-0,5 sec frezes occur now more often than before.

Mini 2, Android.
2021-5-27
Use props
Sven Behring
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83051 ft
Czechia

The same experience with Air2S and 1.42 FlyApp on android...
2021-5-27
Use props
djiuser_2tCyBHvOJNE9
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm having the same issue with DJI Fly 1.4.2, Mini 2 on Android (Pixel 3).
Camera feed hangs completely. Only comes back after a reboot of the app.
Also, I'm getting poor signal at only 150m. This is in a built up area, but I usually gets much further in this same area
2021-6-12
Use props
wheresmydrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334039 ft
Canada

I have a Mini 2 with latest firmware V01.03.0000, RC firmware 04.11.0016 and Fly App V 1.4.4 running on a "Moto G Fast" with Android V11 . Towards the end of a flight yesterday, with battery around 30% power, I took a photo and the screen froze completely on the picture scene. The video feed didn't recover and I had to do an RTH to land the drone. I uploaded the Flight Log file to AirData and evidently the Fly App was receiving data from the drone until the end of the flight. This exact same thing happened a couple of weeks ago when the drone and Fly App would have each been running one version previous.
2021-6-23
Use props
uraniumhexoflor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112297 ft
United States

I have had the same issue twice with my mini 2. It's my first DJI and I just got it, so I don't have much experience with the fly app. Thankfully both times it happened, the drone was pretty close, so I landed it manually instead of using return to home. I'm going to be very careful with where I fly until this bug is fixed. I'm using android as well. Specifically an LG V20 running android 8 if that information is useful. Is there any other information that would be useful to fix this bug? If there is, I'd be happy to post it
2021-6-23
Use props
NaRMaG
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Exactly the same issue happened to me today. I am running all the latest software on the drone, controller and batteries. The controller is connected to Galaxy S21 Ultra.

As soon as I started to record video 4k 30fps the video froze. First I thought the gimball was stuck because I was just hovering. When I stopped recording the live feed came back as normal. Then when I tried to record video it froze again.

When I checked the SD card there were all the videos recorded as if it wasn't frozen.

If I restart the drone, cotroller and phone this doesn't help. Video freezes straight after I press record. Please fix this bug, DJI!
CORRECTION:

Once I got home I checked the video problem again, and it turns out it's doing that ONLY on 4k 30fps. No problems on the other modes.
2021-6-26
Use props
Neil.Madden
lvl.1
Australia

Is there an update on this, it has happened to me the past 2 days. Narmag I will try testing at a safe park in other modes tomorrow
2021-6-27
Use props
Chalupadrop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10863 ft

United States

I have the Air 2S and trying to run DJI Fly on my Google Pixel 2 phone. I am still on Android 11. The app opens up initially with the intro, but when I select the camera button, the app starts for a split second and then goes black. It comes back in a few seconds and crashes every time I select the camera view. The Pixel 2 in on the compatible list. Is anyone else able to run Fly 1.4.2 on their Pixel 2?
2021-6-29
Use props
djiuser_4DXHqDiZFXIK
New

United States

I have a mini 2 and I'm using a Note 10 plus and this just started happening to me also, I just restart the app as I'm in the air far away, it dosnt matter because the controller is still connected so u don't need to RTH , and after I restart the app everything loads normal and the distance displays correct and mph.  All that stuff stays at 0 when the freeze happens.  This happens alot and it's complete BS.  Can we download the older firmware or is it to late ?  
2021-7-5
Use props
djiuser_lmgAotJxf0o7
New

Canada

uraniumhexoflor Posted at 6-23 11:31
I have had the same issue twice with my mini 2. It's my first DJI and I just got it, so I don't have much experience with the fly app. Thankfully both times it happened, the drone was pretty close, so I landed it manually instead of using return to home. I'm going to be very careful with where I fly until this bug is fixed. I'm using android as well. Specifically an LG V20 running android 8 if that information is useful. Is there any other information that would be useful to fix this bug? If there is, I'd be happy to post it

I'm having this issue with my Mini 2, I'm afraid of flying it away from me, the only thing this drone is good for now is flying Up and Down lol.
2021-7-14
Use props
djiuser_WC9wSnaJWhBt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 948383 ft
United States

Same issue for me. Second flight on my Mini 2 since purchase. App and batteries on latest FW. Android Pixel 3. Flew for around 20 min and the camera locked up. I was exploring the camera menu in flight and when I returned to the flight the camera view was stuck on the screen. Telemetry and map were still operational.
2021-7-15
Use props
djiuser_WC9wSnaJWhBt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 948383 ft
United States

I have done some additional testing and ruled out the setting menu mentioned in my previous post. I can't seem to narrow it down to anything in particular. The real bummer is that I have only taken roughly 7 flights since purchasing this drone 4 days ago. The only way to fix the feed freeze up I have discovers is force closing the app and opening it up again. Because of that, my 7 flight logs are instead showing 19! That's a pretty high rate of failure.....

I only fly 1 battery at a time and everything is up to date firmware wise.

Looking through the comments it seems related to the Android app only? I should try with my iPad. That may be tricky though with the controller.
2021-7-18
Use props
Ruppo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78829 ft
Chile

Tengo el mismo problema en un AIR 2S y un Mini SE. con la actualización 1.4.2. Se congelan las imágenes,  envía mensaje de perdida de señal. Ojalá lo corrijan rápido.
2021-7-23
Use props
djiuser_kGkXwJxHtQBU
New

Canada

same issue
2021-7-25
Use props
djiuser_nsQzBGzRUsCm
New

United States

I have had my DJI Mini 2 for 1 week.  On the 3rd day I started getting the black screen freeze and have been fortunate that only once the drone was not in visual line of site. Controls on remote still worked and I was able to get the drone to land.  Today it was farther away but I got it back.  Seeing replies above I will try to back out of app and restart, hut that will cause valuable time loss & video/pic interruption.  I use Android Samsung Galaxy phone with the remote and the Go Fly App (DJI-v1.4.8-210701), which I had to download from DJI website as Google Play Store did not have an app that would work.  Thanks for any ideas of what I can do.
2021-7-30
Use props
djiuser_ToYmsOAzOOOH
New

Serbia

I have this problem as well. The fly app freeze, I have control over the drone but all stats like speed, evaluation, battery and video are stuck.

This became a safety problem for me because potentially it can end crashing the drone.

I need to restart the app, but after short time again it's happening.

Any planned update on the app or firmware?
2021-8-7
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

It keeps happening to me from time to time... but I'm super use to it XDD

It it's a black screen that autorecovers, I just wait a few secs for the app to auto restart, if it's the video feed freeze I just hit RTH while I manually restart the app, just in case, and then I just continue with the flight normally.
2021-8-7
Use props
Feen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3834610 ft

United Kingdom

This is happening to everyone and is getting beyond a joke, the screen freezes and if you tap on something, say the camera mode icon, it just wiped out or the screen blacks out, before you do any more tweaking with the minor bits, the remote still works, thank god, but none of us payed for the drones to  just fly around
2021-8-10
Use props
djiuser_7X9VwPtYRqIh
New

Malaysia

djiuser_z2tRogwuwuWX Posted at 5-22 12:31

Where can i get apk 1.4.0 for ios bro?
2021-8-12
Use props
djiuser_vXI9oxzIIBv9
New
Flight distance : 159898 ft
Georgia

I have the same video freeze issue. Was flying my Air2 for a year without a problem, this month I updated dji fly app 1.2.4 to 1.4.8 and a couple of flights later I got this issue. The screen has frosen (I don't know if the speed/distance indicators were alive) but the drone was responding to my controls. Flight log replay also stops at the moment the picture was lost, so don't know if it's useful.
2021-8-14
Use props
bubbaCTD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69488 ft
United States

same issue here, just got my mini 2 a few days ago and every flight has had either the screen locking (requiring force restart) going black, (force restart) just today for the first time it froze only for a second then came back on its own, but very frustrating, I was worried I got a defective unit or something but finding this thread tells me otherwise! hopefully they fix it soon! Pixel 3XL here, current android
2021-8-19
Use props
djiuser_n6BS8RpYB1OW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 992405 ft
Australia

Same issue here Air2s on android, how did the update pass QC?
DJI when is there going to be a fix or recognition of the issue??

Should we just downgrade while we wait ?
2021-8-20
Use props
djiuser_QRZWsMvD0Rvz
lvl.1

Portugal

My mini 2 have the same problem, camera freeze and I can't see the real view. Any solution?
2021-8-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules