How to keep gimbal on subject while flying.
777 5 2021-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Hi,
I have looked here in the forum and also on YouTube but been unable to find something about if it is possible to have the gimbal locked on a subject while moving the drone, left-right or up-dow. I know that for flying the drone up and down, you can use the left thumb wheel and keeping it sort of locket. This is not easy and needs a lot of practise. Is it possible to keep it locket and just fly the drone with in certain limits of the gimbal of course. I also know that if you fly in a circle, you can have the drone locked in on a subject. But can you do this without using point of interest to a certain degree? Will point of interest also work for up or down movement? This would be of great help if you are not an expert on filming a steady object. Thanks. Tony.
2021-5-22
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you know about DJI Active Track? If not, see:
https://3dinsider.com/dji-activetrack/?amp
2021-5-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Marty Markoe Posted at 5-22 03:18
Do you know about DJI Active Track? If not, see:
https://3dinsider.com/dji-activetrack/?amp

Hi Marty,
Many thanks for your link. Why I have not used this function before, is because I thought that it was only there for tracking moving objects. Just back for flying and it worked like a dream. I tried spot, and then fly the drone in all different direction and circles and I was still in the middle, nice and steady. You beauty, this is a nice thing to use. Thank you so much for your kind help Marty.
Cheers
Tony
2021-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, kyalami. Thanks for reaching out! As suggested, you can use ActiveTrack 2.0 function of the Mavic 2. ActiveTrack 2.0 allows you to select an object on your mobile device screen. The aircraft adjusts its flight to track the subject. No external tracking device is required. Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom can automatically identify up to 16 objects and uses different tracking strategies to track people, vehicles, and boats.
2021-5-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-22 21:08
Hi, kyalami. Thanks for reaching out! As suggested, you can use ActiveTrack 2.0 function of the Mavic 2. ActiveTrack 2.0 allows you to select an object on your mobile device screen. The aircraft adjusts its flight to track the subject. No external tracking device is required. Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom can automatically identify up to 16 objects and uses different tracking strategies to track people, vehicles, and boats.

Thank you Gamora.
It was the Active Track / Spotlight I was after and it works beautifully.
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kyalami Posted at 5-23 05:55
Thank you Gamora.
It was the Active Track / Spotlight I was after and it works beautifully.

You're most welcome and glad that works perfectly for what you need.
2021-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules