P4P Battery Cell Deviations
1084 9 2021-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

the flight, as I always do, I look at the data via Healthy Drones. I noticed major cell deviations. I checked prior flights and this is the first time.
Could it be simply because it wasn't used in a while?

Is there anything I can do to fix or alleviate this?
Or should I toss it out

MY P4P batteries are old.  Generally they have faired well. They typically get up to about 98% after a charge.  Data in Healthy drones for those look good.
I do have another battery which has the same issue but it has been doing this for many flights, so i pretty much never use it.  Maybe for testing or very low altitude stuff if that.

Other question, are the deviations noted in the screen shots really bad - i.e. is Healthy drones making it look worse than it is?
Thanks

Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot
Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 7.10.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 7.12.35 AM.png
2021-5-22
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

edit, useless
2021-5-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Your data shows the first minute of flight.  It would be helpful to know what you're doing during the first minute of flight.  Also, what does it look like towards the end of the flight?
2021-5-23
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-23 05:05
Your data shows the first minute of flight.  It would be helpful to know what you're doing during the first minute of flight.  Also, what does it look like towards the end of the flight?

Thanks for the reply.

Dang I cannot recall now.  Likely hovering.  If it wasn't that then ascending.

For both batteries I did a deep cycle drain. When I'm able to fly again will do a full charge and another drain as low as I can go, see what happens.

I suspect the latest battery may improve but the older one NOPE (too many occurrences of the major cell deviation).
2021-5-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I don't use healthy drones but I do like to overlay the data to the vid from my P3's DAT file which lets me keep an eye on  things.  If you study the data here, you can see the battery seems to misbehave early in the flight and then it falls into line as the flight progresses.  This is typical of this particular battery.  I think this is my worst battery but it doesn't make me nervous and I'm happy to keep using it.  The thing that's important is the 3.3 volt and 3.0 volt reading in a cell.  You want to make sure that doesn't happen unexpectedly.  Good luck.

2021-5-23
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

Thanks man...

Btw how did you get that telemetry data - a summing 3rd party. I like it - EXCEPT for all the ad stuff on the right and the pic of the drone
2021-5-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Haha those are not ads, they're just icons I put in.  Itelite is the antenna I use, sunhans are the amps, masterscrew are the props, trackimo tracks the flight via cell towers in almost real time, phantomhelp is a helpful site which allows us to download the log from the mobile device in CSV, Datcon allows us to download the onboard log in CSV.  The video is done with software which can be downloaded and installed on your desktop.  The program is called dashware.  It's free.  You start the program, load your video, load your CSV log(s), customize and save a template (which you can use later for different vids) and add the data log and then the software allows you to save the vid with the overlayed data.  Then you play the vid and everything moves in sync.  You can do whatever you want with it.  Anything can be added, omitted, changed, manipulated, etc.  It takes quite a bit of time to learn the software.  
2021-5-24
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

wait.. let me ask... are you getting that telemetry real time as you are flying or after when you are viewing
2021-5-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I use the DJI Go app, so what you see in the vid is after when I am viewing.  I use another mobile device to track the trackimo.  
2021-5-24
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

OK... I was thinking you were getting live during flying which would be COOL
2021-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules