Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New idea for a drone design
339 2 2021-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SmartMuggle
lvl.1

United States

Hear me out...

So there are two separate product lines i.e. drones and pocket cameras. For drones you have the Mavics while for land-based shooting you have the Osmo Pocket or the Pocket 2. Now think about this - what if the Pocket 2 can be plugged into the Mavic?

The Mavic will just be something that you can fly without a camera. You CAN fly it but it will be dumb as a rock but will have obstacle sensors and possibly maybe a crappy 1080p default camera just so you can see where you're going.

The Pocket, on the other hand, can be used as usual like take photos and videos.

BUT the Mavic will have a slot/socket/hole where you caan insert the Pocket and it becomes the Mavic's camera. You can communicate with both devices like a usual Mavic using the app. The connection between the two devices will be uniform throughout all updates so you can mix and match. Think of the Mavic like a Do-It-All Handle for the Pocket 2!

A 1-inch Pocket gets released? Pop that in! A Mavic Mini with 360 degree sensors PLUS a 1-inch Pocket? Compatible. You have two products that you can combine and share functionalities.

I own both drones as well as the Pocket 2 with the Do-It-All Handle and I think that it can work especially since it's a closed system. DJI can pretty much learn how to make these two devices talk with the app and the controller.

What do you guys think? Would it be possibly aside from the fact that it will kill DJI's marketing since you'll be buying less drones and cam? Share your thoughts!

2021-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

From a marketiing perspective that would be a non-starter.  Cool idea but don't see DJI adopting it.  
2021-5-23
Use props
droneicepurefog
lvl.1

United States

Cool concept!
2021-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules