AIR 2S Blurred areas on video
4034 11 2021-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

As title says my videos have certain areas on screen that seem out of focus, blurred.
It tends to be predominant on the left side of the images.
As anyone having this issues?
Any tips on how to fix or its a camera hardware problem?
2021-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Miguel Leitao. Thanks for reaching out! Please check and confirm if both occur when using either Auto-Focus or Manual Focus. We would also appreciate uploading a short clip depicting the problem so we can check it further. Many thanks and looking forward to your response.
2021-5-22
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-22 20:46
Hi, Miguel Leitao. Thanks for reaching out! Please check and confirm if both occur when using either Auto-Focus or Manual Focus. We would also appreciate uploading a short clip depicting the problem so we can check it further. Many thanks and looking forward to your response.

Here it is Dji Gamora:

The blur is quite noticable on the left side of image....
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

This has been forwarded already for further checking. If there are any updates or required information needed, we'll have you notified. Thank you!
2021-5-23
Use props
atomic77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 858117 ft
Poland

I had exactly same problem, just it was blurry at the right side. I took several photos, of same object being at the left and right side. I've contacted the seller and he said it happened in previous models too. My A2s was exchanged and now it's sharp (of course the edges cant't be sharp with this cheap wide lenses).
So I'm sure it was the lense fault. I used an advanced 3d calculation program which shows that the center of distortion is on the left instead of the center of photo. Now it's correct, in the center.
2021-5-23
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

atomic77 Posted at 5-23 04:46
I had exactly same problem, just it was blurry at the right side. I took several photos, of same object being at the left and right side. I've contacted the seller and he said it happened in previous models too. My A2s was exchanged and now it's sharp (of course the edges cant't be sharp with this cheap wide lenses).
So I'm sure it was the lense fault. I used an advanced 3d calculation program which shows that the center of distortion is on the left instead of the center of photo. Now it's correct, in the center.

Thanks for your input, i think i have the same issue as you...lets see what they say.
Wo replaced the drone? The seller or DJI?
2021-5-23
Use props
atomic77
lvl.3
Poland

Miguel Leitao Posted at 5-23 05:35
Thanks for your input, i think i have the same issue as you...lets see what they say.
Wo replaced the drone? The seller or DJI?

The seller, but very experienced and one of the best in my country, so he knew what it could be.
2021-5-24
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

atomic77 Posted at 5-24 08:10
The seller, but very experienced and one of the best in my country, so he knew what it could be.

Well the store i bought it from, went there today, and they wanted to keep the drone for 48H for making tests and see what was wrong. As it is a general apliances store, that also sell drones, i dont trust them to make tests with my drone. So i back to square one.  
2021-5-24
Use props
PaulDi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180751 ft
Czechia

atomic77 Posted at 5-23 04:46

Hello. Thank you for your reply. Could you please let me know the name of 3D calculation software you used? Thank you.
2021-6-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

FWIW in the past folks have solved the problem by recalibrating their gimbal. Might be worth a shot before sending it back.
2021-6-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

PaulDi Posted at 6-13 06:13
Hello. Thank you for your reply. Could you please let me know the name of 3D calculation software you used? Thank you.

I'd also love to know what 3D calculation software you used --sounds useful.
2021-6-13
Use props
atomic77
lvl.3
Poland

Ex Machina Posted at 6-13 09:00
I'd also love to know what 3D calculation software you used --sounds useful.

Not exactly a 3d calculation software, I described it wrong, it's photogrametry software - Agisoft Metashape. Not very useful because there is no SDK for Air2s.
But in "camera calibration" you can make  an image of the lens distortion. You can see the center (focus point) which was on the left in my case, and the biggest distortion was on the right.
2021-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules