1878 33 2021-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's an odd one. Loaded 1.4.2 on the Smart controller, and as is usual with new software I gave it a try at low altitude and close to home. Software came up fine, could see video with no lag.

Switched to photo mode and camera was frozen on last video frame. I was blind to whatever the camera and drone were doing. Switched back to video and all was fine.

Landed and tried my iPhone in the standard controller and it was fine running 1.4.2 on iOS.

Decided to re-download the Android APK directly on to the Smart Controller and tried again with the same result. Video was fine, but just a freeze frame when switching to photo mode. Reset camera parameters, that did nothing. Switched to 16x9 and that brought the live feed back!! Odd. When I switched back to the default aspect ratio camera froze again. 16X9 mode made it live again.

It's got to be the software, but not sure what to try next. Could reset the whole smart controller, but it's a bit of a pain. anyone else seeing this, or have any good ideas? Thanks. Was anxious to get the new features in 1.4.2. 1.4.0 ran fine on the SC.

2021-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, arizona mavic flyer. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. To help you check the issue you have submitted, we encourage uploading a screen recording of it (if it can be duplicated) and upload the log folder of the DJI Fly so we can check it further. Thanks and looking forward to your response.

2021-5-22
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-22 20:07
Hi, arizona mavic flyer. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. To help you check the issue you have submitted, we encourage uploading a screen recording of it (if it can be duplicated) and upload the log folder of the DJI Fly so we can check it further. Thanks and looking forward to your response.

Glad to.. where do I find the log...?
2021-5-22
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-22 20:10
Glad to.. where do I find the log...?

Think I have them... from the Smart Controller... these are the logs from today....

https://www.dropbox.com/t/yM0u1m124GgxZv2n

Hope this helps....
2021-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-22 20:28
Think I have them... from the Smart Controller... these are the logs from today....

https://www.dropbox.com/t/yM0u1m124GgxZv2n

Sorry, however, these are different logs. Please connect the DJI Smart Controller to a desktop/laptop and go to DJI > dji.go.v5 path file to look for the log folder of the DJI Fly.
2021-5-23
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry... will give it a try... in the meantime is there a way to go back to 1.4.0 which worked fine. I could not find that version on the DJI downloads page. Thank you.
2021-5-23
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully this is what you need... thanks for the help....
https://www.dropbox.com/t/OF0rwusMXoaaz7PI
2021-5-23
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

As requested here is a screen recording. When the app launches the camera is black. When I switch to 16x9 the camera goes live. In video mode, it is also live. you can see me moving the drone side to side. Sometimes when I switch back the camera will be live, but after a bit switching from video to camera the camera feed freezes again. Setting it back to 16x9 unfreezes it. Then I can go back to the normal aspect ratio.

I also should not some control issues. When I went to land I moved the aircraft side to side and it gained altitude and moved side to side. there were some other odd things with directional control. It may be that I was at about 8 feet altitude, but had not seen that issue where a control input to the side caused the aircraft to ascend.

Here is a link to the the screen recording that demonstrates the the camera issues. I'm hoping I can go back to 1.4.0 until this is resolved, but can't find a download link to it.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/7JZEV1CSNsVtgRId

best

Mel
2021-5-23
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm posting again to add a few things. Edit did not seem to work.

As requested here is a screen recording. When the app launches the camera is black. When I switch to 16x9 the camera goes live. In video mode, it is also live. you can see me moving the drone side to side. Sometimes when I switch back the camera will be live, but after a bit switching from video to camera the camera feed freezes again. Setting it back to 16x9 unfreezes it. Then I can go back to the normal aspect ratio. This is 100% repeatable. When I start up in camera mode screen is always black with no video. I have to switch to 16x9 or video to see anything.

I also should note some control issues. When I went to land I moved the aircraft side to side and it gained altitude and moved side to side. there were some other odd things with directional control. It may be that I was at about 8 feet altitude, but had not seen that issue where a control input to the side caused the aircraft to ascend.

Here is a link to the the screen recording that demonstrates the the camera issues. I'm hoping I can go back to 1.4.0 until this is resolved, but can't find a download link to it.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/7JZEV1CSNsVtgRId

best

Mel
2021-5-23
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

One additional note... someone on the forum said that 1.4.2 is not out for the Smart Controller yet. 3 others advised me to navigate to the DJI download page and download the APK version, which is what I did. Is 1.4.2 of the Fly app out? if so, how do I get it? If not, as I said, can I get back to 1.4.0 which worked perfectly. I'm seeing other owners mention video freezes, even with the regular controller, which seems similar to what I'm seeing. Anyway, help appreciated, and I hope the screen recording and the logs will be of help. If I mistakenly downloaded 1.4.2 that's my mistake, but there is nothing in the documentation guiding me on the right procedure. It seems that if 1.4.2 was released for iOS and android it should also be there for the Smart Controller.

Thanks again.  Mel
2021-5-23
Use props
gary h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4833747 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too am having the same problems with Air2S and Smart Controller. Would also like to downgrade DJI Fly software, but how...?
2021-5-23
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I fixed it. Did a refresh the SC firmware using the DJI assistant... it reinstalls the apps and now I'm back to 1.4.0. All is fine....
So give it a try and you'll be golden..

2021-5-23
Use props
gary h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4833747 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also found a fix to roll the Smart Controller back to version 1.4.0. Very simple, from: https://forum.dji.com/thread-229004-1-1.html

1.Go to "Settings" and tap "Apps";
2.Tap DJI Fly App;
3.Tap "..." at the right upper corner of the screen;
4. Tap "uninstall updates" at the right upper corner of the screen;

The results of this was that I'm now back to 1.4.0, and only had to answer a few questions and set a few settings to get things back to normal.
2021-5-23
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

gary h Posted at 5-23 16:16
I also found a fix to roll the Smart Controller back to version 1.4.0. Very simple, from: https://forum.dji.com/thread-229004-1-1.html

1.Go to "Settings" and tap "Apps";

So how did uninstalling it get you back to 1.4.0. There's must be another step. Thanks....
2021-5-23
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-22 20:07

Thanks.. were the logs any help?
2021-5-24
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-24 05:39
Thanks.. were the logs any help?

Well, today my SC updated on its own to 1.4.2, the proper version for the controller... so all seems well, altho I note that DJI released 1.4.3 this morning... hopefully that will show up in a few days.
2021-5-24
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-24 06:44
Well, today my SC updated on its own to 1.4.2, the proper version for the controller... so all seems well, altho I note that DJI released 1.4.3 this morning... hopefully that will show up in a few days.

A further note... the 1.4.2 that arrived for the SC seems to have the same problem. Camera will not activate unless aspect ratio is 16x9. Also, panoramas not saved in RAW.. there's probably a setting for this somewhere.. but nothing I can set on the ground.

as a DJI customer since 2017 this is the messiest software I've seen... will kill 1.4.2 on the SC, because 1.4.0 seemed to work OK...  whew!!!
2021-5-24
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-23 03:39
Sorry, however, these are different logs. Please connect the DJI Smart Controller to a desktop/laptop and go to DJI > dji.go.v5 path file to look for the log folder of the DJI Fly.
[view_image]

Anything happening on these issues? I've gone back to 1.4.0. The SC keeps telling me to update to 1.4.2 but I tried it once and it didn't work.. same issues. 1.4.0 is fine. Now 1.4.3 is out. hopefully that will run on the Smart Controller.

By the way, when there is a software update for the Fly app the smart controller says what is in it, but doesn't say what the version number is. a version number would be helpful.

Thanks.
2021-5-25
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2668422 ft
Canada

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-25 15:53
Anything happening on these issues? I've gone back to 1.4.0. The SC keeps telling me to update to 1.4.2 but I tried it once and it didn't work.. same issues. 1.4.0 is fine. Now 1.4.3 is out. hopefully that will run on the Smart Controller.

By the way, when there is a software update for the Fly app the smart controller says what is in it, but doesn't say what the version number is. a version number would be helpful.

1.4.3 is only for IOS not for Android therefore not for smart controller yet.
2021-5-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-25 15:53
Anything happening on these issues? I've gone back to 1.4.0. The SC keeps telling me to update to 1.4.2 but I tried it once and it didn't work.. same issues. 1.4.0 is fine. Now 1.4.3 is out. hopefully that will run on the Smart Controller.

Hi, there. Unfortunately, the submitted issue cannot be duplicated on our end so we would like to ask if you could upload the "About" section of the DJI Fly so we can identify further information and reevaluate it. Sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused.
2021-5-27
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-27 00:12
Hi, there. Unfortunately, the submitted issue cannot be duplicated on our end so we would like to ask if you could upload the "About" section of the DJI Fly so we can identify further information and reevaluate it. Sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused.

When will Dji release the new1.4.3 dji fly for Android system? thx.
2021-5-27
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi, there. Unfortunately, the submitted issue cannot be duplicated on our end so we would like to ask if you could upload the "About" section of the DJI Fly so we can identify further information and reevaluate it. Sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused.

Not sure what you are asking me to do... you want to know the version of the Fly app...? 1.4.2 doesn't work. 1.4.0 does. This is on the Smart Controller. I have sent logs and a video showing the issue. Others are reporting the same thing. My SC is new, just a few weeks old, purchased direct from DJI.
2021-5-27
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Canada

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-27 03:39
Not sure what you are asking me to do... you want to know the version of the Fly app...? 1.4.2 doesn't work. 1.4.0 does. This is on the Smart Controller. I have sent logs and a video showing the issue. Others are reporting the same thing. My SC is new, just a few weeks old, purchased direct from DJI.

I have same issue. new smart controller from Dji too.  
2021-5-27
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi, there. Unfortunately, the submitted issue cannot be duplicated on our end so we would like to ask if you could upload the "About" section of the DJI Fly so we can identify further information and reevaluate it. Sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused.

Hopefully this is what you want...
2021-5-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-27 07:19
Hopefully this is what you want...
[view_image]

Thanks, and we'll keep you updated regarding this issue.
2021-5-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Raymond_Ca Posted at 5-27 03:38
When will Dji release the new1.4.3 dji fly for Android system? thx.

There's no confirmation yet regarding the DJI Fly v1.4.3

2021-5-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Raymond_Ca Posted at 5-27 05:20
I have same issue. new smart controller from Dji too.

Please let us know if you have already tried downgrading back to v1.4.0 and see if that could resolve the issue? Thanks!
2021-5-28
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-28 05:51
Please let us know if you have already tried downgrading back to v1.4.0 and see if that could resolve the issue? Thanks!

yes. I downgraded to v1.4.0 and the issue is resolved but we lose the function to put video to real color when it is D-log.

and I also tested the IOS and there is no issue at all for v1.4.2.
2021-5-28
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-27 23:25
Thanks, and we'll keep you updated regarding this issue.

Thanks.. my Smart controller keeps telling me to update to 1.4.2. If people do that their video will freeze putting them in a dangerous situation. It should stop telling people to update to a defective release.
2021-5-28
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Canada

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-28 06:14
Thanks.. my Smart controller keeps telling me to update to 1.4.2. If people do that their video will freeze putting them in a dangerous situation. It should stop telling people to update to a defective release.

Agree. before Dji fixes the issue, I will stop using SC and use Iphone and the ugly controller instead even though I like SC so much.
2021-5-28
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The SC is fine with 1.4.0. I'll keep flying it, because the SC is sooooo much nicer than cramming my iPhone into the controller and fiddling with the cables.
2021-5-28
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Canada

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-28 06:49
The SC is fine with 1.4.0. I'll keep flying it, because the SC is sooooo much nicer than cramming my iPhone into the controller and fiddling with the cables.

yeah. but with 1.4.0, we can't see real color when video is in D-log.
2021-5-28
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

True enough... and I shoot D-Log, but I don't need to see it until it's on my computer... it's a nice add to the software..
2021-5-28
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Canada

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-28 07:10
True enough... and I shoot D-Log, but I don't need to see it until it's on my computer... it's a nice add to the software..

Dji doesn't treat IOS and Android fairly.  another reason for me to still keep iphone + standard controller as an option is with SC, we can only do master shots in 1080 p but in IOS master shots can be up to 4k.
2021-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules