Trees look grainy?
1194 11 2021-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AvroTrain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375318 ft
United States

So I'm one of many improving their skills. Used MA2 4K-25 FPS (Overlooked this when I started this project) Wondering about some tips? In the video and the original file, it appears the trees are sparkly and not sure what is the cause and fix for this? My first thought was Overexposure. Also I was Not using any filter. Maybe for future.

Sincerely Learning.

MC

Went out later today and found what made the difference. 4K 30 FPS in HDR mode and an ND 16 Filter !!!

2021-5-23
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

your yt video is still processing 4k (as of 8 hours ago) so until then, we're watching 1080p.  hopefully you uploaded 4k to yt.  some people may not be able to tell the difference but on my tv, 4k looks alot better than 1080 hd even when watching yt videos.  what editing software are you using?
2021-5-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I watched this on a high resolution monitor and the encoding falls apart during dissolves, which is not a good sign. I suspect it has been rendered at too low a bitrate.
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MC. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is good to know that after using the 4K 30 FPS in HDR mode and using and an ND 16 Filter everything went well. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at the 180 degree rule,   it basically says that the shutter should be 2x of the FPS.   This can effect how things look and probably explains why the ND filter helped. - https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... speed-affects-video
2021-5-23
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 23:56
Have a look at the 180 degree rule,   it basically says that the shutter should be 2x of the FPS.   This can effect how things look and probably explains why the ND filter helped. - https://www.polarprofilters.com/blogs/polarpro/how-shutter-speed-affects-video

I have the 180 Pano issue resolved after another test. Thank you for your reply
2021-5-24
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Okay, so everything the others said applies... here's some suggestions.  Learn how to use ND filters along with setting the exposure/frame rate accordingly.  If you are using 4k-25, then add an ND filter (16 or 32 both will work well on sunny days) and set your exposure to manual, and to a value of 1/50. (this complies with the "180" rule, which gets you around having a fixed aperture camera). This creates motion blur which will help your image look more cinematic.  Turn off auto white balance and set it around 58000 or so.  Now your drone camera is in full manual video mode.  The 180 rule has nothing to do with Panos... I think you may have misunderstood DAFly's post.

Another problem many have reported is that the video image is overly sharp... the ND smoothing will help with this somewhat, but there is no way to soften the image in the software.  (even though we've begged DJI for such an option).  There are plugins for some video editors which can reduce sharpness, you can google for those!  I have found that using a CPL filter on the drone can remove some harshness from leaves on trees, but those filters can create issues with wide shots and lens flares.  Okay for close up tree top stuff.

Hope any of this helps.  Cheers.

2021-5-24
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
United States

Northwood Posted at 5-24 18:03
Okay, so everything the others said applies... here's some suggestions.  Learn how to use ND filters along with setting the exposure/frame rate accordingly.  If you are using 4k-25, then add an ND filter (16 or 32 both will work well on sunny days) and set your exposure to manual, and to a value of 1/50. (this complies with the "180" rule, which gets you around having a fixed aperture camera). This creates motion blur which will help your image look more cinematic.  Turn off auto white balance and set it around 58000 or so.  Now your drone camera is in full manual video mode.  The 180 rule has nothing to do with Panos... I think you may have misunderstood DAFly's post.

Another problem many have reported is that the video image is overly sharp... the ND smoothing will help with this somewhat, but there is no way to soften the image in the software.  (even though we've begged DJI for such an option).  There are plugins for some video editors which can reduce sharpness, you can google for those!  I have found that using a CPL filter on the drone can remove some harshness from leaves on trees, but those filters can create issues with wide shots and lens flares.  Okay for close up tree top stuff.

Thank you for that advice. Makes sense. Continuing to learn!
2021-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AvroTrain Posted at 5-24 17:41
I have the 180 Pano issue resolved after another test. Thank you for your reply

Its not a pano,  its the rule that describes shutter to fps rate.
2021-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like artifacts.
2021-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2021-5-25
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
United States

Northwood Posted at 5-24 18:03
Okay, so everything the others said applies... here's some suggestions.  Learn how to use ND filters along with setting the exposure/frame rate accordingly.  If you are using 4k-25, then add an ND filter (16 or 32 both will work well on sunny days) and set your exposure to manual, and to a value of 1/50. (this complies with the "180" rule, which gets you around having a fixed aperture camera). This creates motion blur which will help your image look more cinematic.  Turn off auto white balance and set it around 58000 or so.  Now your drone camera is in full manual video mode.  The 180 rule has nothing to do with Panos... I think you may have misunderstood DAFly's post.

Another problem many have reported is that the video image is overly sharp... the ND smoothing will help with this somewhat, but there is no way to soften the image in the software.  (even though we've begged DJI for such an option).  There are plugins for some video editors which can reduce sharpness, you can google for those!  I have found that using a CPL filter on the drone can remove some harshness from leaves on trees, but those filters can create issues with wide shots and lens flares.  Okay for close up tree top stuff.

Thank you it will!
2021-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules