Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Virtual flight Roll controls are reversed in Manual mode
4898 15 2021-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
picasox1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222028 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my FPV combo activated today, I downloaded the virtual fligt app and I have a problem

The roll controls are reversed in manual mode, I push the stick right and it rolls left,

I can't find any settings to adjust this, I hope this does not mean there is also going to be a problem in real flight.
2021-5-23
Use props
picasox1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Here is an update, this is a bug. In free flight you start out with the controls working just fine, but as soon as you pitch the gimble all the way up for faster flight the roll controls revers on you. I can't be the only one that has seen this, it happens 100% of the time, I even deleted the app and reinstalled it. I'm using an iPhone 12 updates to the latest OS
Crash, take off again the roll controls work fine, as soon as you tilt the gimble up all the way your roll controls wrevers again
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there picasox1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you before and thank you for reaching out. I will cascade I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2021-5-23
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

If you want some advice to learn how to fly in manual acro do not do it on the DJI simulator ...

Take any other simulator and when you get the hang of it you will be able to understand how any freestyle drone flies manually.
2021-5-23
Use props
picasox1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 5-23 22:10
Hello !!

If you want some advice to learn how to fly in manual acro do not do it on the DJI simulator ...

I have other simulators as well as several freestyle and racing quads, but this is the one I want to use to learn to fly the DJI FPV because I hear its pretty spot on to how the drone actually flies for real.

But, the role control reversing problem in DJI Virtual Flight is preventing me from using it.
2021-5-24
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Italy

picasox1 Posted at 5-24 08:14
I have other simulators as well as several freestyle and racing quads, but this is the one I want to use to learn to fly the DJI FPV because I hear its pretty spot on to how the drone actually flies for real.

But, the role control reversing problem in DJI Virtual Flight is preventing me from using it.

Hello !!

Then forget the DJI simulator !!!

It does not even take into account the physics of the model and the force of gravity !!

If you expect to have a real match on the fly of the DJI FPV you are only wasting time ..

If you have experience in acro FPV flying with other drones I don't see what the problem is with putting the DJI FPV in manual and flying !!

Good flight
2021-5-24
Use props
picasox1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

>>>>>>If you have experience in acro FPV flying with other drones I don't see what the problem is with putting the DJI FPV in manual and flying !!<<<<<

I have flown Acro and I'm not that comfortable with it yet. This quad acts different than my free style and racing quads and whoops. I've notice some some very different flying characteristic in the Simulator.

The problem is this one cost $1299, plus $299 fly more Plus $319 2 Yr care refresh, plus case and accessories, and I want to practice on the simulator. so far I don't know of any other sims that feature this quad

2021-5-24
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Italy

picasox1 Posted at 5-24 14:12
>>>>>>If you have experience in acro FPV flying with other drones I don't see what the problem is with putting the DJI FPV in manual and flying !!

Hello !!

The DJI FPV behaves differently from your quads due to the different PIDs ... which on the DJI FPV are in manual mode a suck !!

Also there is the difference with the gimball stick stroke ....

Maybe you didn't get my message right !!

The DJI simulator does not faithfully reproduce the flight of the DJI FPV !!!

It is useless do you want to understand?

May I ask you what level of skill do you have in FPV acro flight?

Why, as mentioned, I don't understand the problem of practicing on the DJI FPV?

I have been practicing freestyle for 5 years and after two flights with the DJI FPV I understood his way of flying .... it doesn't take much and you don't need the DJI video game ...

Let go of your fears and practice in reality

Good flight
2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_O0334fx8IIKD
New
Flight distance : 115 ft
United Kingdom

I have this problem as well. I am a real pilot so know that when you move left stick left the drone should roll left, and if you move the left stick to the right it should roll right. Unfortunately, it is the opposite inside the virtual flight app / simulator!!!! I note the comment above saying this is something to do with moving the camera gimbal to its maximum and minimum angles whilst using the app....which is something I had been doing before encountering this issue, so it probably is a bug as the above author postulates. I will try again later today and avoid moving the gimbal to see if my roll directions have gone back to normal (I think they used to be correct...but now I'm not even sure, hence the plan to try again later).

2022-6-8
Use props
picasox1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_O0334fx8IIKD Posted at 6-8 08:03
I have this problem as well. I am a real pilot so know that when you move left stick left the drone should roll left, and if you move the left stick to the right it should roll right. Unfortunately, it is the opposite inside the virtual flight app / simulator!!!! I note the comment above saying this is something to do with moving the camera gimbal to its maximum and minimum angles whilst using the app....which is something I had been doing before encountering this issue, so it probably is a bug as the above author postulates. I will try again later today and avoid moving the gimbal to see if my roll directions have gone back to normal (I think they used to be correct...but now I'm not even sure, hence the plan to try again later).

I reported it to DJI support over a year ago, you'd think if they were going to fix it they would have done it by now.
2022-6-8
Use props
picasox1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 2021-5-24 20:52
Hello !!

The DJI FPV behaves differently from your quads due to the different PIDs ... which on the DJI FPV are in manual mode a suck !!

You a missing the point,   this post is about the simulator bug, not whether you believe people should use the DJI simulator or not.
2022-6-8
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

The Liftoff sim with the free DJI FPV dlc is not bad at all, try it out
2022-6-8
Use props
djiuser_O0334fx8IIKD
New
United Kingdom

FlyLow Posted at 6-8 11:32
The Liftoff sim with the free DJI FPV dlc is not bad at all, try it out

Looks interesting, and I would consider buying it, but can I use the controller that came with the DJI FPV withy PC? Presumably not...
2022-6-8
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

djiuser_O0334fx8IIKD Posted at 6-8 15:30
Looks interesting, and I would consider buying it, but can I use the controller that came with the DJI FPV withy PC? Presumably not...

Yes, it is unofficially approved by DJI (You must accept the disclaimer etc.)
The DJI FPV remote controller is perfectly compatible 2022-06-09_092902.jpg
2022-06-09_092806.jpg
2022-6-8
Use props
djiuser_O0334fx8IIKD
New
United Kingdom

FlyLow Posted at 6-8 23:12
Yes, it is unofficially approved by DJI (You must accept the disclaimer etc.)
The DJI FPV remote controller is perfectly compatible [view_image]
[view_image][Image]

Cool, thanks for the info. & screenshots!!
2022-6-13
Use props
djiuser_O0334fx8IIKD
New
United Kingdom

So, I did some more virtual flight whilst avoiding using the gimbal movement to the extremes of its range and I had no further problems, fortunately. Must be an intermittent bug, the worst kind for debugging developers
2022-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules