WTH? Just got a new FPV and am disappointed.
3525 33 2021-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HazeMonster
lvl.2

United States

Greetings all,

I own 2 DJI Mavic Air 2 and they are doing pretty well.  I just bought the FPV and have important questions.

ONE...this thing does NOT do 10K range and I am mad.  I flew 300 ft high in my neighborhood and flew the drone 1,700 feet away and then it lost connection and returned to home. WTH???  That was not even 1/3 of a mile and it lost connection?  This is bullcrap!!!  My Mavic2 didn't have great range, but this aint 10KM.  They should STOP advertising that distance because MAYBE you get CLOSE to that if you are on a beach and have full sight the whole time.  I am in a neighborhood at 300ft in the air and can't get ONE FREAKING MILE before the google image pixeliates and I lose connection?  I feel duped!  Very upset.  (Love you guys in the community though, so hope you can help explain)

ANOTHER BEEF.  I had a new 128GB card in the drone and a 64GB card in the goggles (new cards coming from Amazon tomorrow), and it ONLY recorded 1:24!!!!???  I had at least 5 minutes of film.  I am sure that I did not hit the "stop recording button" and was recording at 4k 30fps.  What a disappointment!!!

Also, the battery gave me about 10 total minutes in Sport mode.  Glad I bought the flymore and have 3 total, but WTH?  This isn't the 20 minutes advertised.

Also, the DJI refresh is OVERPRICED at $199 and it is $239 to replace it. Shoot...I can just buy another on Amazon for darn near that IF i crash it.

Your thoughts are welcomed and I am sorry for my harsh tone.  I fully expected this to be a "next level drone" and I am not impressed.

Heck..the gimble doesn't even come all the way down so I can see where I am landing.  I have watched many YouTube videos and my first flight makes me wish I never bought this thing. I paid a total of $1,800 for the flymore kit, the extra batteries and a kick butt case.  That is a lot of money.  I already have 2 Mavic Air 2's that cost me a pretty penny.

Any thoughts you have (positive only please) would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

2021-5-23
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello HazeMonster,

Battery:
Yes it does not last 20 mins, In manual I'm lucky if I get 10 mins. Some people have tested going slow (optimal power saving speed) in N mode and they got closer to the quoted amount but no one buys this to fly like that.

Range:
That seems a bit too limited, specially as you are in the USA and it should be giving you the full power, here in the UK its limited to 25mw which in a park with tree's etc gives me approx 1200-1500 feet, and you should be getting 1400mw power, look into this further as it should be giving you more range than that. But I haven't flown it in a area with houses, concrete, telephones, wifi etc like I assume your neighbourhood has which may be hindering the signal. (when you register in USA it should automatically be in FCC 1400mw mode)

SD Card:
It shouldn't be recording like that, its does have a size limit bu when it reaches that it carries on recording with a second, third file and so on.

I think you should try and fly it a few more times, perhaps in different environments and see how you feel then, plus that gives you a chance to test the range further and also see if the recording issue was a one off or if there is fault with the drone. All the other difference, like landing, camera angle, video quality etc you'll get used to it, try not to compare it to Camera drones like the AIr, Mavic etc and use it for what it is and you'll probably like and enjoy it more.
2021-5-23
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

FrootWhoopz Posted at 5-23 14:26
Hello HazeMonster,

Battery:

I agree the range the SD card doesn't sound right.

The distance limit I run into is how long the battery lasts. I do sometimes have to fly higher to get a good video signal. I often fly over a mile away.

The limited recording time may be related to the RTH. For some dumb reason, the recording stops when the video link fails.

I think it would be nice if the camera pointed straight down but then most FPV drones don't let you adjust the camera angle in flight at all.

I don't understand why DJI care is so popular. I do understand why DJI sells it such a high price. If you want DJI to assume the risk of crashing the drone, they want to be paid for it. Personally, I think people ought to use the money to be ready to replace the drone themselves. This way they get to keep the parts for future repairs.
Edit: I missed the line "Any thoughts you have (positive only please) would be most appreciated."
I suppose I shouldn't have called the recording issue "dumb."  That wasn't very positive.
2021-5-23
Use props
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

I've limited my altitude to about 600 ft. for now and was able to fly about 14,000 ft. distance the other day.  Where I fly daily, I do have issues with trees and surrounding hills that limit my range; something I can improve by flying higher so that the drone remains in the Line-of-sight (LOS).

Still nowhere near the 10km range but better than what you'd been able to obtain.  

I have found that finding a higher launch location to maintain LOS, minimizing trees/buildings/hills/etc. , flying in the 40mph range and keeping the flight controller pointing in the direction I'm flying have all helped to extend the flight range.  I've hit the automatic RTH on at least half of my flights ... works well for me.
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi HazeMonster, I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with the DJI FPV drone. As suggested above, you may try different flight environments and fly it a few more times. If there is any further issue, please screen record a video so we can help to check the details. Thanks.

For the Max Flight Time: Approx. 20 mins, it was measured while flying at 40 kph in windless conditions. You may refer to the specs on our official web.

2021-5-23
Use props
djiuser_ipOtHX82bsyd
lvl.2

Poland

1) For the range. It is high frequency (2.4 and 5GHz), so LOS is important. If you are based in Europe you can'f ly BVLOS without special permisions. Anyways, 2-3 km range LOS is achivable in the FCC mode easily. And for sure you should not fly in "neighborhood" for safty reasons.

2) Battery - yest, it is not 20 mins, true. It's just like electric cars. No way to achive the marketed endurance.

3) Landinng - you definiatly should land without google off for safty reasons.

I do not find the things you mention problematic. What is problematic for me is that the drone as A LOT of software problems and we anre not getting ANY updates from DJI :/
2021-5-23
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ipOtHX82bsyd Posted at 5-23 23:40
1) For the range. It is high frequency (2.4 and 5GHz), so LOS is important. If you are based in Europe you can'f ly BVLOS without special permisions. Anyways, 2-3 km range LOS is achivable in the FCC mode easily. And for sure you should not fly in "neighborhood" for safty reasons.

2) Battery - yest, it is not 20 mins, true. It's just like electric cars. No way to achive the marketed endurance.

What are all of the software problems?
2021-5-24
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

In my opinion your drone must have problems because I with mine in CE mode doing a test flight in the mountains I arrived safely about 4 km away.

However, you must consider that many factors can affect the range and efficiency of the signal.

I recommend that you do a test flight in a non-residential area where interference can be really important.

As far as battery life is concerned we are not at the levels of a Mavic but I can assure you that flying for about 10/12 minutes in manual mode is really a lot compared to my classic freestyle builds ...

As for the micro SD I have not had any problems ... but you must have good SD.

For the fact of the camera you cannot make comparisons with the various Mavics .... this is wrong in FPV flight the camera angles are fixed it has always been like this ..... otherwise fly with a Mavic.

However both in N and S you can tilt the camera and in any case the drone will make a slight compensation of its angle based on the speed in order to always have the same angle of the shot.

In M mode the camera angle is adjustable according to the needs but then it will be fixed without any compenzazione ..... but it has always been like this on freestyle drones.

I think that too many and many have not understood very well what this DJ FPV really is that I find, apart from the PIDs to be fixed, a really good drone for a medium-range cruise flight.

Good flight
2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_ipOtHX82bsyd
lvl.2

Poland

KerryG Posted at 5-24 20:48
What are all of the software problems?

Let me name just a few:
- No telemetry on DJI Fly App on a phone connected to Googles
- It is possible to turn off engines mid-flight in acro mode, it is imposisble to do so in M or S modes
- Video recording stops when the drone losses signal and starts automated RTH
- The speed dial for ascent and descent rate does not display information ir that is ascent or descent (a minus sign would be great)
- The FlySafe database mess that hit the users just a week ago
- Erratic behaviour of the drone after landing reported by many users

Most probably I could thing of namy, many more simple tweaks that could be introduced, but we have not received any software updates since march...
2021-5-25
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_ipOtHX82bsyd Posted at 5-25 03:59
Let me name just a few:
- It is possible to turn off engines mid-flight in acro mode, it is imposisble to do so in M or S modes

"- No telemetry on DJI Fly App on a phone connected to Googles"

That would be a nice feature but I hardly call it a problem.

"- It is possible to turn off engines mid-flight in acro mode, it is imposisble to do so in M or S modes"

So you want to be able to turn off engines in Normal and Sport mode? If so then we'd likely have a lot more drones accidentally falling from the sky. If you think this shouldn't be an option in Manual mode, then I think you're wrong. It's very important to be able to turn off motors quickly after a crash or other mishap. The problems associated with this is just user error.

"- Video recording stops when the drone losses signal and starts automated RTH"

This is the biggest problem I have with the current drone software. DJI please fix this.

"- The speed dial for ascent and descent rate does not display information ir that is ascent or descent (a minus sign would be great)"

This would be a nice feature. Again, I'd hardly call it a problem.

- The FlySafe database mess that hit the users just a week ago

Yeah, that was crazy dumb. Fortunately I missed that update.

"- Erratic behaviour of the drone after landing reported by many users""

I'm pretty sure this has all been user error. It would be nice if the drone were smarter but I think this issue is kind of understandable. The flight controller can't level the drone when the ground is in the way so it goes crazy. If a kill switch were added then we'd have even more drones falling from the sky than we do with the double tapped manual mode flyers.
We have a FPV drone which can hover hands off the controls. The transmitted video quality is better than anything else I've seen. I think the FPV drone is crazy fun to fly. There are plenty of things about DJI which I don't like but I don't feel like DJI is neglicting this product as other appear to think.
2021-5-25
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Duane Degn Posted at 5-25 08:17
"- No telemetry on DJI Fly App on a phone connected to Googles"

Hello !!

I fully agree with your words.

Here the problem in my opinion is that of a user who, I repeat, did not understand what kind of drone he is trying to fly !!

It must be understood that in n and S mode, switching off the motors would make no sense and would only create dangerous situations.

In manual mode, being able to turn the motors off and on independently is in fact a must as on any FPV build.

As mentioned, knowing how to take off and land in manual mode requires a certain skill.

It must be understood that when you switch to manual mode this drone behaves exactly like a normal FPV race or freestyle drone and is well written in its manual.

More than anything else I wonder why DJI does not adjust the PID settings which in manual mode are really horrible.
2021-5-25
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 5-25 08:43
Hello !!

I fully agree with your words.

"More than anything else I wonder why DJI does not adjust the PID settings which in manual mode are really horrible."

I haven't flown the DJI FPV in manual mode myself.  Even if I had, I probably fly too conservatively to notice this problem.  It would be great if DJI allowed the user to adjust these parameters.

I'm all for DJI improving the software. I just think it's a super fun drone to fly the way it is.
2021-5-25
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Hello !!

The fact that the DJI can allow each user to be able to change the PID values is not a good choice as if set in the wrong way they can lead to failure of both the motors and the ESCs of the drone !!

For this they will have to do it with a firmware .... my doubt also remains in relation to the type of battery that the drone uses with a discharge value that is very low .... and therefore I do not think that the values can be increased of the PIDs still a lot without affecting the performance of the battery .....

If you fly in manual mode while cruising there are no big problems but as soon as you ask the drone something more you realize that something should be fixed.

I really hope in the good work of the DJI.

I confirm that in my opinion flying this drone is fun and I always carry it in my flight sessions along with my Kiss builds.

Good flight
2021-5-25
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As for the PIDs, the poor tune is the #1 problem at the current time. I’m sure there’s  limit to how much they can tighten it up without smoking motors and such, but it’s almost unsafe in manual mode at high speeds. It drifts out of position at high power settings as if there’s not enough I-term and just generally feels like everything needs to be turned up.

Maybe it could be an option like on helicopter gyros: “harder, more aggressive” to “softer and smoother” sliders and they maintain a reasonable P/D ratio like in Betaflight.

But anything would be an improvement over how it is now, even if they didn’t give us actual adjustments.....
2021-5-25
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

luciens Posted at 5-25 12:15
As for the PIDs, the poor tune is the #1 problem at the current time. I’m sure there’s  limit to how much they can tighten it up without smoking motors and such, but it’s almost unsafe in manual mode at high speeds. It drifts out of position at high power settings as if there’s not enough I-term and just generally feels like everything needs to be turned up.

Maybe it could be an option like on helicopter gyros: “harder, more aggressive” to “softer and smoother” sliders and they maintain a reasonable P/D ratio like in Betaflight.

I see only one problem here - the expectations versus reality. You can think about this drone and try to compare it to an average DIY FPV one but this seems very confusing because it is not an average FPV quad and will never be. You can consider the advertising practices but if this bothers you, you should look at the automotive sector . There is most certainly room for improvement but to be honest - from the moment I got this one I haven't touched my self built drones even one time. The connivance of not being bothered with charging and taking 10 batteries with me, dealing with stupid antennas, charging and attaching GoPro to my drone and more of those are in my opinion worth while with this drone. I just enjoy cruising around and that's it. I even bought the MC and I love it ...
2021-5-25
Use props
Ramphex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2361926 ft
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217473

Lol, this spiel sounds all too familiar.
2021-5-25
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tomekyo Posted at 5-25 13:19
I see only one problem here - the expectations versus reality. You can think about this drone and try to compare it to an average DIY FPV one but this seems very confusing because it is not an average FPV quad and will never be. You can consider the advertising practices but if this bothers you, you should look at the automotive sector  . There is most certainly room for improvement but to be honest - from the moment I got this one I haven't touched my self built drones even one time. The connivance of not being bothered with charging and taking 10 batteries with me, dealing with stupid antennas, charging and attaching GoPro to my drone and more of those are in my opinion worth while with this drone. I just enjoy cruising around and that's it. I even bought the MC and I love it ...

Well, no. It's not a problem of unrealistic expectations. The simple reality is that the tune of the FPV drone is poor. Very poor. That's just a simple statement of fact about the product at this point in time. I'm certain it can fly better than it does now with a simple adjustment to its PIDs, and I wouldn't consider that an unrealistic expectation either.

That's not to downplay its other advantages and good points; I just don't find it of any value to make excuses for and sugar coat the bad points.

I won't dwell on the other really bad problems, like not being able to activate the goggles without access to the drone, and the broken "bind to a phone number" problem and some of the other ones. Except to say they shouldn't be excused either.

Otherwise, I too fly the FPV drone more than my Betaflight quads now, mainly because of the significantly better and more reliable radio connection, better video downlink, much better GPS RTH and the adjustable pitch on the camera. So it's not all bad and it can do several things much better than my other quads can, even with those all equipped with the DJI Air Unit and one with a Caddix Vista. They fly better than the FPV drone by a long ways, but they can't match the video and reliable link, etc.

2021-5-25
Use props
maratonininkas
lvl.1
Lithuania

djiuser_ipOtHX82bsyd Posted at 5-25 03:59
Let me name just a few:

Those doesn't seem like game changing issues (at least for me personally), especially the engine stop in N or S.... Also, for some weird reason, my device never stopped recording during RTH, however, I do cancel it almost always just as it starts ascending, maybe that's why.

However, I did notice that in certain cases the Goggle UI freezes midflight and stops updating the numbers, which IS quite important and can cause bad decision making if unnoticed. Luckily, the drone controls and camera doesn't seem affected, so a Goggle restart always fixes that, even midflight (which is rarely a comfortable experience).  
Additonally, I've had a few issues with Home point, once it didn't set any (even though GPS signal was OK), and once set it at a high altidude.. A restart fixed it, but it felt like a software issue too.

2021-5-25
Use props
fans1c3d0833
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092070 ft
United States

Regarding the range, it highly dependent on the environment. For any radio communication, environment, signal budget (transmission power and receiving sensitivity), bandwidth, coding/modulation, emission pattern (antenna) all affect range. So I cannot think of a better way of advertising the range. Is it confusing, yes. Is it misleading, probably no. You can try checking the TX power, and testing the range with the similar environment.  
Regarding the short recording, it might be possible that the 1:24 recording is when you lost radio connection at distance. The FPV does have a weird thing (but could due to technical difficulties) that it stops recording whenever the radio link is lost.

For the flight time, the arms of the drone has specific curvatures that help generating lift only at specific cruising speed. Outside of the window of speed, the drone will drain battery more quickly. I think if one would replicate the specific conditions of flight and drain a battery to 0%, he/she could get close to the spec flight time.

2021-5-25
Use props
maratonininkas
lvl.1
Lithuania

fans1c3d0833 Posted at 5-25 15:59
Regarding the range, it highly dependent on the environment. For any radio communication, environment, signal budget (transmission power and receiving sensitivity), bandwidth, coding/modulation, emission pattern (antenna) all affect range. So I cannot think of a better way of advertising the range. Is it confusing, yes. Is it misleading, probably no. You can try checking the TX power, and testing the range with the similar environment.

Regarding the range, it would be interesting to know how quickly do the 4 bars (of signal strength) drop when compared with range. Does it drop following a square law, or linearly? As a new user I always consider turning around when the signal drops to 3/4 (which typically gets at least 1.5km with LOS), since I'm never sure whether the remaining bars can give extra 1-2km, or will it get like additional 100m and drop to 1/4 or even 0/4?   
2021-5-25
Use props
fans1c3d0833
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092070 ft
United States

maratonininkas Posted at 5-25 16:04
Regarding the range, it would be interesting to know how quickly do the 4 bars (of signal strength) drop when compared with range. Does it drop following a square law, or linearly? As a new user I always consider turning around when the signal drops to 3/4 (which typically gets at least 1.5km with LOS), since I'm never sure whether the remaining bars can give extra 1-2km, or will it get like additional 100m and drop to 1/4 or even 0/4?

Right, that's also something I wondered. But unless some dev engineer enlightens us, we will never the the exact definitions of the 'bars' in relationship to the signal budget (RSSI or something we can understand). Also due to the nature of digital modulation/coding of the video, roll-off of the transmission is usually quite nonlinear and steep. It's more like in HAM radios, the analog signal worsens progressively when the signal get weaker, while the digital is all clear and all of sudden you lost the sound completely when signal strength drops below certain threshold.
I personally become very cuatious whenever the bars dropp below 3/4. And it's giving me good range so far. But oh man, it sometimes still drops so sudden.   

Hope this makes sense. It's a shame that we costumers can only speculate about the technical aspects.  But I guess that's how a tech-business is done nowadays.
2021-5-25
Use props
djiuser_ipOtHX82bsyd
lvl.2

Poland

Duane Degn Posted at 5-25 08:17
"- No telemetry on DJI Fly App on a phone connected to Googles"

I humbly disagree. We have a product with software issues that did not get any update for last 3 months. It looks like an abandoned piece of hardware vaporware. Some of those features are easy to fix (and I say it from a perspective of a software engineer. And yes, I have built drones myself, including fully autonomous, mission-capable platforms).

I also disagree on a kill switch. If the drone lands and starts behaving in an unexpected way there is no way to stop it in a safe way. It is an example of a poor design. A protected switch is one solution (impossible to implement at this stage). Another - combination of two or more switches from the controller.

I agree that other issues are not critical (except for recording on RTH) - however their fix is simple, yet neglected.

Another thing that came to my mind - altitude limit above the ground level, not the takeoff level. Thats a problem when flying in the mountains.  Name another one - no Android simulator.
2021-5-25
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_ipOtHX82bsyd Posted at 5-25 23:34
I humbly disagree. We have a product with software issues that did not get any update for last 3 months. It looks like an abandoned piece of hardware vaporware. Some of those features are easy to fix (and I say it from a perspective of a software engineer. And yes, I have built drones myself, including fully autonomous, mission-capable platforms).

I also disagree on a kill switch. If the drone lands and starts behaving in an unexpected way there is no way to stop it in a safe way. It is an example of a poor design. A protected switch is one solution (impossible to implement at this stage). Another - combination of two or more switches from the controller.

"I humbly disagree. We have a product with software issues that did not get any update for last 3 months. It looks like an abandoned piece of hardware vaporware. Some of those features are easy to fix"
I agree with most of this. Some of the fixes do seem like they should be easy. I think calling it "hardware vaporware" is a bit harsh. I design and program embedded systems myself and some of the fixes do seem trivial.

"I also disagree on a kill switch. If the drone lands and starts behaving in an unexpected way there is no way to stop it in a safe way. It is an example of a poor design. A protected switch is one solution (impossible to implement at this stage). Another - combination of two or more switches from the controller."

I mostly agree here as well. The dilemma is how do you have a kill switch easy enough to use in an emergency but which won't be activated accidentally. A covered switch like a missile launch switch would do the job but this would also kind of kill the aesthetics of the controller. But as you say, I think this ship has sailed.

"I agree that other issues are not critical (except for recording on RTH) - however their fix is simple, yet neglected."

This is definitely a valid complaint. DJI please fix the video recording propblem!

"Another thing that came to my mind - altitude limit above the ground level, not the takeoff level. Thats a problem when flying in the mountains."

I don't know if this is an easy fix. I'd think this would require the drone to maintain an internal topographical map of the area. I think the drone uses the barometer and GPS for altitude control most of the time. I think the distance sensor on the bottom of the drone is used mainly while at very low distances above the ground.

Ideally, DJI wouldn't limit altitude at all.

"Name another one - no Android simulator."

Not a big one to me. It would be nice but there are other alternatives.

I suppose I may be seeing the drone though rose colored glasses. It's so much more fun to fly than any of the other drones I have. The video quality and the ability to hover hands off are probably my favorite aspects of the drone. If I were better at flying FPV with my other drones, I might not be so enamored with this new one.

I do hate how DJI still controls the drone even after it has been sold.
2021-5-26
Use props
HazeMonster
lvl.2

United States

Still not happy with the range.  Flying over a neighborhood behind me and less than a mile and the goggles lose contact (WHICH STOPS RECORDING SUX).  I understand line of sight but 10KM GTFO.  Occusync 3.0 is NOT much wow.  Not trying to fly it 4 miles away...but the drone SHOULD, and it doesn't.  Thanks for the great comments.  I have another set of DecalGirl skins coming for this new drone, so will post pix when I get them on the remote, the goggles, and the drone.  I am telling you...check her out....GREAT stuff.  Your drone will look KICK BUTT with one of these....won't tell you which I have coming...but would love to know some of your favorites.  I will post pix.  Great community!!!  https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/dji-fpv-combo-skins

Later,
Haze
2021-5-26
Use props
Ramphex
lvl.2
United States

This guy stirs the pot and then just advertises in his threads lolol
2021-5-26
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

Ramphex Posted at 5-26 14:36

"just advertises"

It reads that way to me as well.

Those skins are pretty darn cool though. Hopefully @HazeMoster is an enthusiastic customer and not a paid shill.
2021-5-26
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

HazeMonster Posted at 5-26 07:39
Still not happy with the range.  Flying over a neighborhood behind me and less than a mile and the goggles lose contact (WHICH STOPS RECORDING SUX).  I understand line of sight but 10KM GTFO.  Occusync 3.0 is NOT much wow.  Not trying to fly it 4 miles away...but the drone SHOULD, and it doesn't.  Thanks for the great comments.  I have another set of DecalGirl skins coming for this new drone, so will post pix when I get them on the remote, the goggles, and the drone.  I am telling you...check her out....GREAT stuff.  Your drone will look KICK BUTT with one of these....won't tell you which I have coming...but would love to know some of your favorites.  I will post pix.  Great community!!!  https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/dji-fpv-combo-skins

Later,

"Still not happy with the range.  Flying over a neighborhood behind me and less than a mile and the goggles lose contact (WHICH STOPS RECORDING SUX)."

How high are you flying? The battery is what limits my distance most of the time. I'm surrounded by houses as I fly so I need to keep the drone relatively high in order to keep a good signal.

Please tell us you're just an enthusiastic customer of DecalGirl. I can understand if you are. Those skins do look nice. I've seen some of your other skinned drones and they look fantastic.
2021-5-26
Use props
HazeMonster
lvl.2

United States

Skinned it today.  VERY pleased.   I fly at 600 feet to test distance.  A FAN of Decal Girl.  Skinned both my Mavic Air 2's
2021-5-27
Use props
HazeMonster
lvl.2

United States

Duane Degn Posted at 5-26 18:59
"just advertises"

It reads that way to me as well.

Dont be stupid.  I skinned both my Mavic Air 2s.  I just skinned my FPV.  You do you bro...don't throw stones.
2021-5-27
Use props
HazeMonster
lvl.2

United States

Ramphex Posted at 5-26 14:36

You are the reason we can't have nice things.  I am allowed to be disappointed in my $1,400 investment.  Then you say I am "advertising" when I am trying to share the love.  Give me your cell and we can talk.
2021-5-27
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

HazeMonster Posted at 5-27 10:29
Dont be stupid.  I skinned both my Mavic Air 2s.  I just skinned my FPV.  You do you bro...don't throw stones.

"don't throw stones."

What stones did I throw?

I agreed your post kind of looked like an ad but I also said I hoped I was wrong. I also said the skins looked cool.

The latest photo really looks good.
2021-5-27
Use props
Ramphex
lvl.2
United States

It feels like clickbait, like let me rant about a good drone so people look at it and then throw in advertisements into it
2021-6-1
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tomekyo Posted at 5-25 13:19
I see only one problem here - the expectations versus reality. You can think about this drone and try to compare it to an average DIY FPV one but this seems very confusing because it is not an average FPV quad and will never be. You can consider the advertising practices but if this bothers you, you should look at the automotive sector  . There is most certainly room for improvement but to be honest - from the moment I got this one I haven't touched my self built drones even one time. The connivance of not being bothered with charging and taking 10 batteries with me, dealing with stupid antennas, charging and attaching GoPro to my drone and more of those are in my opinion worth while with this drone. I just enjoy cruising around and that's it. I even bought the MC and I love it ...

I agree. I either fly it in manual or sport mode. I have thrown it about all over the place and it still wants more. I still use my traditional FPV kwads as this it's own purpose. I live 30mins drive away from the Peak District and it has provided me with a selection of awesome footage since buying it. Accept it's flaws and limitations and this drone will give the satisfaction, like any other of my kwads. people just buy it to be on the band wagon and then moan about it can't do this and that's garbage and a whole host of other issues. Expect it to be a traditional kad and you may as well just sell it or better still, not even buy it in the 1st place. I have literally had zero issues with it since delivery. Speed - Good, Range - Excellent, Durabiltiy - No comment as haven't crashed it. Yes it has a few flaws. No, it's certainly not for everyone.
2021-6-5
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HazeMonster Posted at 5-27 10:25
[view_image]  Skinned it today.  VERY pleased.   I fly at 600 feet to test distance.  A FAN of Decal Girl.  Skinned both my Mavic Air 2's

Sweet wraps
2021-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules