438 3 2021-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ivan Lopez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52982 ft
Mexico

Hi everybody,

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Is there a way to turn any DJI drone on remotely or shceduled? (without human interacion for phisically pushing the battery button on the drone) I am working in a security solution and would very much like to use automated drone flight.

Any pointer will be highly apreciated.

2021-5-23
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

For the consumer drones, no. Others I don't know.

What I have done is external powersupply that automatically disconnect when the drone takes off.
The power must be connected in the drone or use a 3rd party hook on connector.
But then you must have the drone on all the time, and it will disconnect at takeoff. Coul be a overheat problem....If you manage to land so the external source gets connected again, tha battery will start charge to full, and you can takeoff again :-) (I havn't done this, but if you write your own landing algoritm with a qr-code it possible.
Dont forget a compass calibration after you solder cables to the drone.

Other option is teethered drone.

Third is to have a custom battery where you can controll the on/off in your own way. In that case the must change the battery type to 3?, I think it is in the parameters.

2021-5-25
Use props
Ivan Lopez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52982 ft
Mexico

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Very good ideas to think about.  What is the drone in the picture?  Is it tethered?

Regards
2021-5-25
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Its a mavic2

The red and black is power direct to the drone. Its my lab setup, so I don't have to use batteries when running in sim.

The red and black connectors can be used as tethered but it also can act as power until the drone takeoff. In the last case I just put some loose cables in the red and black connectors, that easily disconnects at takeoff.

2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules