Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had2 flights on the latest FlyApp, it looks like the radar bug is fixed.
During the flight i checked out the compass and map view.

Made a video how to use the map view, for new FlyApp users mayby good to watch.

AND please DJI, change the HP icon on this radar display as it often hides the RC icon and find a solution for the tiny tiny blue arrow on the RC icon!!

cheers
JJB
2021-5-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice tips on how to use the map view JJB*.  
2021-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im a big fan of the map view,   never use the other views.
2021-5-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 04:50
Im a big fan of the map view,   never use the other views.

so we all have are own way of using the app views, i normally fly with only the radar view.

But map view is so easy to check if your mobile device compass is good calibrated ;
Fly your drone in front of you some distance, if the line to HP is bottom mid center while the RC is directed to your craft : 12 points   ;-)

cheers
JJB
2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JJB. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-5-24
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

Hi JJB, your OA solid green, why at my screen the OA icon blinking white-green, not solid green? i used by pass in Cine and N mode.
2021-5-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

kiminx Posted at 5-24 19:20
Hi JJB, your OA solid green, why at my screen the OA icon blinking white-green, not solid green? i used by pass in Cine and N mode.

Hi kiminx,

Interesting question, in previous FlyApp version i noticed that too. In N mode with OA active the OA icon often blinked white - green.

Checked 2 flights ; most of the time i had a steady green OA icon.
During automated landing in RTH the OA icon blinks green-white-green-ect.

In track mode OA icon starts to blink Green-White-Green-etc.

FlyApp software not 100% correct, i tried to track in Sports mode...and see the 2 icons disagree witch each other.

PS1 ByPass only works in N mode!
PS2 Bypass only works flying fwd/aft, so m guess is that when applying yaw and/or roll input the OA icon will blink...

cheers
JJB

OA1.png
OA2.png
2021-5-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-24 18:43
Hello there JJB. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for taken action on my question/remark to DJI.

If the HP icon is replaced by colouring the outer circle " bright colour" in the part of the 360 where the HP is located ; easy fix. This way the RC icon with the too small arrow is visible.

But best is to replace the whole radar display with the DJO GO4 display, my poll about this showed that many users prefere that one.
From an aviation point of view 100x better, as it is easy to see where the drone is flying relative to the RC!

See the picture ; Easy to know where drone is flying.Rotate RC left-right to get RED craft icon in-line with the H and top white marking = RC pointing to craft.
So i had to look at 1 o`clock to find my drone in the air.

cheers
JJB

DJI-GO4-radar.png
2021-5-24
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

JJB* Posted at 5-24 23:27
Hi kiminx,

Interesting question, in previous FlyApp version i noticed that too. In N mode with OA active the OA icon often blinked white - green.

thx for the answers. that make me worry, blinking icon OA that mean the features active or not active?
2021-5-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

kiminx Posted at 5-25 00:16
thx for the answers. that make me worry, blinking icon OA that mean the features active or not active?

red = not active.
blinking * = active but drone is not flying only fwd/aft....so it works but does not see all obstacles....

* just my guess seeing my videos and reading/interpretet the manual.
2021-5-25
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Thanks for info JJB!
2021-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice!
2021-5-25
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

@JJB

Are you on an Iphone?
I'm using android (S10) and the orientation of my RC in relation to the drone isn't correct.  I'm on 1.4.2 also. It's like the RC is pointing 90 degrees away from the MA2.
I'll try to capture some screenshots later today if it's not raining. Here in Suriname the weather has been very unpredictable lately.
2021-5-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

doglaboi Posted at 5-25 03:14
@JJB

Are you on an Iphone?

Nope, on Android
2021-5-25
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4

Suriname

Hmm, I'll try uninstalling. Hopefully a clean install will do it.
2021-5-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

doglaboi Posted at 5-25 03:38
Hmm, I'll try uninstalling. Hopefully a clean install will do it.

Calibrating your mobile device is the solution.

If the arrow is 180 degrees wrong than put your device the other way in your RC.
2021-5-25
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Very interesting, thanks for sharing
2021-5-25
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4

Suriname

JJB* Posted at 5-25 03:55
Calibrating your mobile device is the solution.

If the arrow is 180 degrees wrong than put your device the other way in your RC.

Hmm interesting indeed. Ok I'll have at it later again cuz clean install didn't do anything. My Compass however doesn't need calibrating I think, it's pointing correctly, I'll try the positioning on the remote.
2021-5-26
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

After several weeks of windy and rainy days, today i have had the time to do an extensive check with 4 full batteries and perfect weather conditions.
I could not find any new bug and everything seems to be ok now with 1.4.2 on Android.
The only bad thing was, that my MA2 was surrounded by some wasps during a 7.30 min. hovering while taking a hyperlaps. After the flight i needed to clean my MA2 from the shredded wasps.
The funny thing i saw during the flights one of the wasps was able to follow the MA2 in tripod and normal mode. They seem to be able to fly very fast.
2021-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules