1245 14 2021-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49b854d6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1430226 ft
  • >>>
United States

My mavic 2 Zoom is in your repair hands now, recieved 2 days ago. I have sent in my sync'd data from controller, I was unable to get log directly from mavic, not sure why. I am writing this becasue I want the tech to read it before making any determinations about the cause, as there are some unexplained things that I need to understand.
Here is a recap of what happenned:
I was flying my M2Z over a huge (about a square mile) pasture across from my house as I have done many times before, and had just switched from sport to position mode to make a smooth ride home, then the battery got to 25% and indicated that it will RTH in 10 seconds. During the countdown I repositioned myself preparing for the RTH adventure, then the video went a little shaky, followed by a video freeze, then the the announcement "Landing". I obviously got concerned, so I quickly pressed the pause button on my smart controller to stop any autonomous activities, but no joy, everything seemed to be disconnected and unresponsive, and no video feed. After about a minute, I realized that I would have to go on foot and cross the cow field (about 3500 ft) and try to locate the drone. After retreiving, I noticed that the front arms were broken, but the front left was more of a clean separation than a break caused by an impact. Since there was nothing in the area, a collision could have only been with a bird or a rancher's bullet (I would have heard that), and there was no sign of feathers or blood that would have been present if it was a bird.

See front-left arm is a clean separation:
Zoom Closeup.jpg

Could the front arm simply have fallen off? What explains the clean separation and sudden fall from the sky?

I'm not really sure what happened, but the flight log from my smart controller showed RTH initiated, preascending to RTH height (186 ft), adjusting heading, then LANDING, all with 25% battery and only 3500 ft from home, no wind, beautiful sunset evening, clear LOS the whole time. The video ended during the RTH climb, and did not reveal any of the events that killed my zoom, but shows the area as being clear and the weather as . Log showed 16-17 satellites at the time of the mishap, but the log also showed that it switched from ATTI-GPS to ATTI during that last milliseconds of the flight before I lost it.

Another thing to consider is hat I had just recieved this drone from a refresh replacement (2nd one, as the forst replacement was DOA). I had been flying my original zoom for over 2 years with no issues, but one day in late February I took it out of the case to cycle the batteries (I don't get much of a chance to fly in the winter in Montana) but got a 200 error and could not get it fly ready. I opened a case with DJI refresh+ (last year of eligibility, and only about a month before it expires). They did the replacement option ($149) and sent me a shiny replacement. Lo and behold, it was DOA with a gimble overload error. After another few weeks of arguing and shipping, they honored another replacement, this time without the replacement fee, but now beyond refresh deadline. I have had this one for a little more than a month at the time of the crash, flying it a few times, and now this happens. Now that I am outside of any refresh options, I am hoping that since it was just put into my possession that DJI will also see this as a device malfunction, replacing it again at no fee.

Link to last minute of flight on google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18LxgUqfVsKsymGUWkF9Uv1dpm98JKjx9/view?usp=sharing

Link to complete flight log from Smart Controller:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18LxgUqfVsKsymGUWkF9Uv1dpm98JKjx9/view?usp=sharing

</SS>

2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for bringing you this experience on this accident. You can send us a data analysis request and our support team will help to check the flight data to see what happen on it.

If you still have any other concerns, please feel free to reach us out. Thanks
2021-5-24
Use props
fans49b854d6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I have already done all of that, which is why it has a case # with data analysis request. Not sure if you read the post?
2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans49b854d6 Posted at 5-24 05:35
I have already done all of that, which is why it has a case # with data analysis request. Not sure if you read the post?

Hi, we have already sent your request to our corresponding team to check further. Please check if all the flight data has been uploaded via the DJI GO 4 app, our data analysis team will help with your request.

Thanks
2021-5-24
Use props
fans49b854d6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks DJI Wanda, much apprecieated.

All I am asking is that the tech that reviews the case understands the surrounding information prior to making a determination. I also really need an explanation of the "clean separation" as described in photo and original post.

Also, the wires are all the same length, and appear to be a "clean cut", maybe by the props after the separation?  The data shows that the first major pitch/yaw changes (tumbling) was a dip to the front left as it started to tumble. That coupled with the clean separation and clean cut suggests that the arm simply came off in flight. I never found the missing arm.
2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans49b854d6 Posted at 5-24 06:05
Thanks DJI Wanda, much apprecieated.

All I am asking is that the tech that reviews the case understands the surrounding information prior to making a determination. I also really need an explanation of the "clean separation" as described in photo and original post.

Hi, we understand your concerns, and we will forward the informaiton you provide to our corresponding team. Please wait for the email notification about the data analysis patiently. We appreciate your understanding.
2021-5-24
Use props
fans49b854d6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hello. I received an email that the assessment is done:
"Dear Customer,

Your Mavic 2 Zoom has been evaluated by our repair team. Your case No. is:

CAS-6358167-R3G2Q6

Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress. We will email you an invoice in two to three business days."

But when I go to that link, it shows no progress.
2021-5-25
Use props
fans49b854d6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Any update?
2021-5-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hello, we found that the damage assessment has been completed, and the data analysis is still in progress. This usually takes 3 to 5 working days. Please wait patiently for the email of the data analysis results.
2021-5-25
Use props
fans49b854d6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

OK, I submitted this case 17 days ago, DJI has had it in their possession for 9 days, and still no resolution?
2021-5-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans49b854d6 Posted at 5-28 05:39
OK, I submitted this case 17 days ago, DJI has had it in their possession for 9 days, and still no resolution?

We are sorry for the waiting, data analysis is processing, and we may need to confirm the exact time and date of the accident, and please make sure that the flight records had been uploaded to the cloud. Please keep us updated.
2021-5-30
Use props
fans49b854d6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 5-30 02:32
We are sorry for the waiting, data analysis is processing, and we may need to confirm the exact time and date of the accident, and please make sure that the flight records had been uploaded to the cloud. Please keep us updated.

Not really sure how many times I have to provide this information (maybe I'll make a daily task out of it), but here it is again.

Link to last minute of flight on google drive:
Video of last minute of flight

Link to complete flight log from Smart Controller (exact date and time are part of the file name). That is in the Mountain time zone (US, -7)
DJIFlightRecord_2021-05-10_[19-17-37].txt

The controller log should be in the sync'd data that I provided directly from the controller as well.

You've had this crashed drone for 11 days now (19 days since I opened the case). If DJI is backlogged this much then maybe hire additional staff? The customer should not be the ones that feel the impact.

2021-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans49b854d6 Posted at 5-30 05:40
Not really sure how many times I have to provide this information (maybe I'll make a daily task out of it), but here it is again.

Link to last minute of flight on google drive:

Hi there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We've forwarded the information to our data analysis team for further check. If there is any progress, we will keep you updated. And please also wait for the notification email of the data analysis results. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
2021-5-30
Use props
fans49b854d6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-30 20:09
Hi there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We've forwarded the information to our data analysis team for further check. If there is any progress, we will keep you updated. And please also wait for the notification email of the data analysis results. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Hello. I just received notice that the M2 Zoom will be repaired at no cost. While this is certainly good news, it still leaves me without any answers as to what actually happened. Is there any way the I can maybe have a conversation with the person that determined the final judgement or at least a detailed report of the findings?

This will be the third "repaired/replaced" drone sent to me since my original software issue way back in February, and my confidence in DJI's repairs/replacements has been reduced to nearly zero.
2021-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans49b854d6 Posted at 6-1 17:53
Hello. I just received notice that the M2 Zoom will be repaired at no cost. While this is certainly good news, it still leaves me without any answers as to what actually happened. Is there any way the I can maybe have a conversation with the person that determined the final judgement or at least a detailed report of the findings?

This will be the third "repaired/replaced" drone sent to me since my original software issue way back in February, and my confidence in DJI's repairs/replacements has been reduced to nearly zero.

Hi there, thank you for your update, I had sent you a PM.
I understand your feeling based on the issues you encountered. I will note down your experience and let the corresponding team notice it. If there is anything else we can help with, please feel free to let us know, we will try our best to help.
2021-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules