Exposed wire, melted landing gear?
669 8 2021-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1ec126f0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 962510 ft
United States

Greetings, I checked my drone after a flight, and I came across an issue right front landing arm. It looks like something was rubbing so much that it melted away the plastic on the landing arm and exposed a wire ( antenna?)—this is exactly what I would say if I were reading this post. I can guarantee that nothing was rubbing on the landing arm at any time? The drone has worked flawlessly, and I always put it in a secure box after the flight. With that being said, I can't figure what H... happened to my drone? I always check my drone after flights. I may have missed this last check, but I still can’t explained what the heck happen?
Never crashed, always try to land in my hand, nothing attched to it.

I can't figure out what happen; any advice would be excellent.

P.S. probably shouldn't say never crashed, MURPHY.

Thanks, Dan.

1st time posting I think link should work. each pic is 1.5 mb will not upload.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JKJXSehGPni6k1WP6

2021-5-24
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Netherlands

Hello Dan,

I had a look to your pictures... The place where the damage is, is exactly this place where your back propeller would touch if you fold the front arm.

Just test it.... When the drone is folded open, and you move the front arm to the inside, you will see you touch exactly this place...
Could you check if you see some damage to the propeller also ??

KDP+

2021-5-24
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Another example for 'my drone turned on by itself in the case'?
2021-5-24
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Netherlands

FloridaNext Posted at 5-24 09:09
Another example for 'my drone turned on by itself in the case'?

Not really here, it looks more like it was caused by just folding the front arm 10 centimeter to the back...
2021-5-24
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

KDP + Posted at 5-24 09:20
Not really here, it looks more like it was caused by just folding the front arm 10 centimeter to the back...

So you think this could happen if the arm doesn't fully snap in place when you unfold it? But when you start the motors this would make an extremly loud noise, hard to miss it.

Makes sense, though.
2021-5-24
Use props
fans1ec126f0
lvl.1
United States

KDP + Posted at 5-24 09:04
Hello Dan,

Unbelievable, you are 100 percent right. I remember now, I was taking some overhead videos of the my daughters  dogs ( pointers) and didn’t realize they could jump so high. Yep they definitely grounded it. I  replaces all props but never thought of checking the damage that props could of caused.   I keep all old props in a box , I don’t know why? See pic below.
Thank you for expert advice. Amazing u figured bout what happened.
So technically it was the dogs fault not mine. HA HA
image.jpg
image.jpg
2021-5-24
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Great that KDP + figured this out. Great analysis skills. I wish I had his level of intelligence.

Anyway, it's crazy that so many different things can happen that no one ever expected to become possible. This one was unique, as far as I know.

Don't kill the dog please!

2021-5-24
Use props
fans1ec126f0
lvl.1
United States

Ha ha. 1 Dogs stay. 2 fly higher next time
2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dan. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you before and thank you for giving us an update with regards to this matter. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules