2535 7 2021-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JayDub1380
lvl.1
Flight distance : 826690 ft
United States

Hello all,

Over the weekend I had a mishap and my Mini 2 decided to go for a swim.  She was submerged for 6-8 minutes before recovered.  I have allowed her to dry out and she powers up, motors run fine and all seems good to go with the exception of the SD card.  When I install any SD card I get the message that the SD card is unavailable.  I have tried to format it using the DJI app, I formatted it in the Osmo and I have tried several other cards including one formated in the Phantom 4 and still the same message.  I updated the firmware and still the same message.  I hit the slot with some compressed air thinking maybe there was debris inside and still same message.  I am not a super computer wiz, but here is my theory.  The drone was actively recording when she went down.  When she hit the water the battery was ejected, never found, and drone lost power before I could stop recording on the app.  ( I didnt think to stop as I was watching her spin in slow motion as she fell to the ground LOL) Since my total flight prior to crash was over 5 mins 30 seconds the sd card had the first 5 mins 30 seconds of footage and the last coupld of minutes leading up to crash is not viewable on the computer. I am wondering if the internal computer of the drone is "stuck" due to improper power loss while recording.  The reason I think this is because when I first bought her I powered off without stopping and footage was unreadable until I turned drone back on to "finish" the recording.  Anyone elso have any idea how to fix this? I am super happy she still works and can fly but kind of useless if I can not record footage.  

Thanks
2021-5-24
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Jaydub,

if you stop the drone by putting off or removing the battery, the drone can't write the header and trailer record on the videofile. That is where your video file gets unreadable. The problem is in the file on your SD card.

Now, your drone doesn't accept or see the memory card. That is something else. The electrical contacts might be occidated or contain debris. You already blew away possible debris with compressed air. So, it might be the contacts occidated because there was electricity on them while laying in the water. Or the circuit that controls the output to the SD card got damaged by the water.

I am affraid changing or renewing the firmware might have no effect in this case. You can try to wait a couple of days with no battery in the drone to have it all dried out. But I think you got an hardware problem.
2021-5-24
Use props
JayDub1380
lvl.1
United States

JohnDG Posted at 5-24 17:50
Hi Jaydub,

if you stop the drone by putting off or removing the battery, the drone can't write the header and trailer record on the videofile. That is where your video file gets unreadable. The problem is in the file on your SD card.

Hey John,

Thanks for the info.  I am afraid its a hardware issue too.  It set out for over 48 hours with no battery and I had it in front of a hair dryer with warm air for about an hour and still nothing.  I contacted DJI support and they offered to pay to have it shipped to them to look at it so I think I will just bite the bullet and do that.  Thanks again for responding.
2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JayDub1380. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and it is good to know that you have already contacted our DJI support team for further assistance with regards to this matter. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you.
2021-5-24
Use props
JayDub1380
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-24 20:35
Hello there JayDub1380. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and it is good to know that you have already contacted our DJI support team for further assistance with regards to this matter. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you.

Thank you very much.  Yea I was worried at first because I do not have the DJI Care Refresh and I thought there would be nothing that could be done but you guys were very helpful.  The online chat rep as well as myself believe it to be a bad SD card slot.  You wouldn't happen to know a rough estimate on the cost of that would you?  and would you happen to have an idea on how long I will be without my drone?
2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_khuePjjEyx4w
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1795 ft
United States

JayDub1380 Posted at 5-24 20:39
Thank you very much.  Yea I was worried at first because I do not have the DJI Care Refresh and I thought there would be nothing that could be done but you guys were very helpful.  The online chat rep as well as myself believe it to be a bad SD card slot.  You wouldn't happen to know a rough estimate on the cost of that would you?  and would you happen to have an idea on how long I will be without my drone?

Hi Jaydub, did DJI help you resolving the issue?

I also crashed my drone last weekend. I have used the hair dryer to blow dry the aircraft and took out battery and SD card to dry out. And I experienced the same SD card error.

Thank you!
2021-7-24
Use props
JayDub1380
lvl.1
United States

They could have repaired it but wanted $300 for the repair so I elected to have it sent back and my local gadget repair place do the repair for less.  Apparently the part is only $120
2021-7-25
Use props
djiuser_khuePjjEyx4w
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1795 ft
United States

Ah thank you! Yesterday I tried to fly my drone - all worked fine except the SD card issue. I may skip the sending back and forth with DJI - just find a local shop to fix it. Thanks again!
2021-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules