Mini 1 to mini2.
2259 13 2021-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

My Mini one is gone but not by my choice, left on roof of car and drove away |££_^]{<\~|?
But I am so happy with mini 2.The controller is so much more comfortable and having the screene in front of the controller is so much easier.
I love the controls and the things you can do with it.
Hardly have to touch the screen.
One long click with the FN button the it switches from map to forward camera.
Two clicks and gimble goes 90* down. Do it again It goes 90* back up to horizontal straight forward.
You still have the normal roll wheel.
Boy dose it fly fast in sport.
I believe much quieter. Props are stiffer.
The arms are much stronger.
But hold down on the FN button and it zooms in or out by rotating the roller wheel.
Speed switch on the controller is so nice.
Now I can fly with the leaves blowing in my treese  , use common sence.
On button switch from Camera to video.
Ocqu sink mich better.
I would have never known this if I wouldn't have accidentally left my mini 1 on the roof of my car.
I now have three extra batteries for spairs from the mini 1. So that worked out.
I guess you can see inreally like my mini 2.
I really like my Mini 2
Doug

2021-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The mini2 and mini 1 use different batteries.  the Mini1 batteries will not give you as much power.
2021-5-24
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 23:26
The mini2 and mini 1 use different batteries.  the Mini1 batteries will not give you as much power.

I agree but I have see ranger test which I don’t do  and the performance is close and having three extra batteries is a nice backup while I’m waiting for the OEM’s.  To charge. There free and would save me a lot of money not buying any more., so I have 3+3 batteries. That’s a long time.
Doug
2021-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donut Michigan Posted at 5-24 23:31
I agree but I have see ranger test which I don’t do  and the performance is close and having three extra batteries is a nice backup while I’m waiting for the OEM’s.  To charge. There free and would save me a lot of money not buying any more., so I have 3+3 batteries. That’s a long time.
Doug

Theres been quite a few threads here here people were flying with the mini1 battery and lost the drone as it didn't have the power to combat the conditions.   Also they weigh more than the mini2 battery so may affect you if you taking advantage of the 250g limit.
2021-5-24
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 23:35
Theres been quite a few threads here here people were flying with the mini1 battery and lost the drone as it didn't have the power to combat the conditions.   Also they weigh more than the mini2 battery so may affect you if you taking advantage of the 250g limit.

I do understand that there is a great reduction in speed and wind capability’s  with the heavier batteries.
I have my registration number from FAA so I can go over 250 grams.
Most crashes are pilot error.
2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Doug. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. In addition to this post I will post a link where in you can compare both the DJI Mavic Mini to the DJI Mini 2 and to other DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-5-25
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

I'm a pincher, so for me it's harder to hold RC-N1 controller. Especially on the left side where I have to stretch between my index and middle finger to reach the wheel behind the phone.
2021-5-25
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 23:35

There is a thread for this issue here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=238460

But I got no definitive answer.
2021-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry about losing your Mini 1.  Congrats on getting the Mini 2.  I can see you already like it a lot.  Have fun and keep on flying safely.  
2021-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 5-25 03:28
There is a thread for this issue here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=238460

I wouldnt trust that opinion.   Mini 1 battery is lower voltage, lower peak current and heavier,  it won’t be able to supply as much power to the motors as the correct battery. It’s just the same as using a lower power battery in a torch, the light won’t be as bright as the proper spec battery.
2021-5-25
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

My Mini one is gone but not by my choice, left on roof of car and drove away

Oops!  That would be annoying!
Glad you're enjoying the Mini 2.
I can see it now - Honest Honey, I have to buy a new drone because my Mini disappeared...
2021-5-25
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

K6CCC Posted at 5-25 12:53
My Mini one is gone but not by my choice, left on roof of car and drove away

Oops!  That would be annoying!

I was planning on getting the mini 2 and keeping the mini 1 for more dangerous situations.
So now I might just keep an eye out for a cheap mini 1.

You can bet I’ll never leave a drone on my car again. Lo
2021-5-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

when i first started this drone thing, i realized i was hauling a lot of equipment into and out in the field.  it become impossible to know if i left something behind especially when you make several trips and fly several drones at a time.  however, when i stand in and around my car while flying, i've made it a habit to do this each and every time without fail (regardless of the weather):  after you believe you have loaded and packed everything away and started the car, get out and do one last walk around the entire car, 360 degrees.  because inevitably you will forget and leave something on the trunk or on the roof and it will fly off somewhere along the way and you may not find it.  worse, it falls under the tire and you destroy it.   drive off and leave a tripod with a camera or monitor atop.  i have front and rear car cameras so the last time i did this, i got home and reviewed the footage and i could see where i lost it and i went back and recovered my equipment but it was scratched and damaged and i said never again.  do a walkaround.
2021-5-25
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-25 19:39
when i first started this drone thing, i realized i was hauling a lot of equipment into and out in the field.  it become impossible to know if i left something behind especially when you make several trips and fly several drones at a time.  however, when i stand in and around my car while flying, i've made it a habit to do this each and every time without fail (regardless of the weather):  after you believe you have loaded and packed everything away and started the car, get out and do one last walk around the entire car, 360 degrees.  because inevitably you will forget and leave something on the trunk or on the roof and it will fly off somewhere along the way and you may not find it.  worse, it falls under the tire and you destroy it.   drive off and leave a tripod with a camera or monitor atop.  i have front and rear car cameras so the last time i did this, i got home and reviewed the footage and i could see where i lost it and i went back and recovered my equipment but it was scratched and damaged and i said never again.  do a walkaround.

I agree. I did change your procedure.  Also on my hood right in front of me.
2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules