New Mavic Mini only goes 250 m (820 feet) when connection is lost
989 7 2021-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SQUISHYFACE736
lvl.1

Australia

After recently purchasing a refurbished DJI Mavic Mini, i took it to a test flight. Everything worked fine but when I tried flying it to my house which it said was 250 metres, the screen on the phone started lagging, and as i got there and lowered down, it went black and just showed a sign saying 'Connection lost. Returning to home'. I tried again the next day with a different phone and the same thing happened. I had the flat part of my antennas facing it and the distance limit is longer than 250 m.  Is it possibly because the signal was going through trees and houses? If not, what is wrong with it??
2021-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try flying somewhere rural it may just be interference from wifi
2021-5-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, flight distance relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. And the position of the antennas is very important, please make sure the remote controller's antennas are pointed towards the aircraft, or the drone might lose the signal from the RC in a short distance.
2021-5-25
Use props
SQUISHYFACE736
lvl.1

Australia

DAFlys Posted at 5-25 02:53
Try flying somewhere rural it may just be interference from wifi

Okay thanks. Ill test it out when I go somewhere more remote.
2021-5-25
Use props
SQUISHYFACE736
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-25 02:56
Hi there, flight distance relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. And the position of the antennas is very important, please make sure the remote controller's antennas are pointed towards the aircraft, or the drone might lose the signal from the RC in a short distance.

Okay thanks that's makes sense. I was flying it at a park, and it went fine when up high, but when I lowered it down it lost signal between all the busy houses and that. Thankyou
2021-5-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SQUISHYFACE736 Posted at 5-25 14:54
Okay thanks that's makes sense. I was flying it at a park, and it went fine when up high, but when I lowered it down it lost signal between all the busy houses and that. Thankyou

You're welcome. Hope you can enjoy. Should you have any issues, please feel free to contact us, we will try our best to help.
2021-5-25
Use props
SQUISHYFACE736
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-25 22:15
You're welcome. Hope you can enjoy. Should you have any issues, please feel free to contact us, we will try our best to help.

ok thanks will do
2021-5-25
Use props
djiuser_blWo5o85rbJp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243373 ft
Australia

I was going to ask the same question … my new Magic mini looses connection when I fly it to the next block which is only about 150 mtrs away and someone suggested it could be because  we are surrounded by trees. I thought the technology we hav today trees would not affect it. I thought it may have been a transmitter or receiver problem. So …. We can really only fly our drones in an open area… is that correct ?
2021-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules