6270 11 2021-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bit of a windy UK day (for a change), so took the FPV Drone out for a good test session. Wouldn't normally fly in this wind with my other kwads but for a so called - Under powered drone - By the Experts - it performed quite well. Bit of compensation banking for the wind but happy with the results -

2021-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you would not have 'told' us, I would not have noticed it!
Nice flying!
2021-5-25
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Have you ever used the "Wind Map" feature at AirData.com?
I think it is really interesting. It would be interesting to see a map of the flight shown in the video.
Here's an example of one of these wind maps.
DjiWindMap.JPG
As you can see, I had some pretty good winds in this flight. I'm very impressed at how well the DJI FPV drone can handle the wind.
I think the wind feature requires a paid subscription. I don't think it's available as part of their free service. The wind feature is the main reason I paid for a year of their least expensive (without being free) service. It's pretty windy here in Idaho and I think it's really interesting to see computed wind speeds.

Someday, I'll fly my DJI FPV drone in formation with a RC airplane equiped with an air speed indicator. This should let me see how accurate the computed wind speed really is.
2021-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CoreyB10. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have filmed. Nicely done and fly safe always. .
2021-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems a bit risky but it did do a great job.
2021-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job of flying in those wind gusts.    Pretty impressive drone.
2021-5-26
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Pretty solid ..!
2021-5-27
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bit of compensation but otherwise stable. In no doubt it could handle it. Landing was a bit hairy but binned a manual mode landing and switched to normal and she came down sweet.
2021-5-28
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

CoreyB10 Posted at 5-28 01:31
Bit of compensation but otherwise stable. In no doubt it could handle it. Landing was a bit hairy but binned a manual mode landing and switched to normal and she came down sweet.

That's the way
2021-5-28
Use props
SJurick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207159 ft
United States

Were you flying in Acro (manual)?  I flew in N and S modes yesterday in 25mph and it rocked all over the place with very little useable footage
2022-10-2
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duane Degn Posted at 2021-5-25 11:52
Have you ever used the "Wind Map" feature at AirData.com?
I think it is really interesting. It would be interesting to see a map of the flight shown in the video.
Here's an example of one of these wind maps.

Nope and just use UAV Forecast. I can tell when I get to a spot if it's going to be too much t fly a decent flight after my years flying.
2022-10-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SJurick Posted at 10-2 07:25
Were you flying in Acro (manual)?  I flew in N and S modes yesterday in 25mph and it rocked all over the place with very little useable footage

Very rarely do I fly in either normal or sport. Almost always in Manual mode apart from if I want the range and lonf flight, then it's sport. never flown it in normal. I have my Mini 2 for that.
2022-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules