Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compatibility with Galaxy S21 Ultra?
9638 15 2021-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaleM
lvl.2
United States

Pre-purchase question:  the list of supported phones does not include Samsung's latest S21 series. I have the S21 Ultra.  Is any one using this phone and successfully connecting to the Pocket 2?
2021-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DaleM. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. DJI would recommended using a recommended mobile device for compatibility and reliability purposes on both the DJI Mimo application and for the DJI Pocket 2. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application and for the DJI Pocket 2 we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while in use. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-5-25
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

The usual "will it support my phone/tablet" question is a familiar one, with many of us having posted threads about the issue. Unfortunately DJI has seriously missed the mark on testing more models and updating the list. For this reason, I have gathered more phone and tablet models on the following threads by testing some models myself and gathering experiences and comments from other users for those models I haven't been able to test myself.

As of now, I don't remember hearing anyone test this model, nor have I had a chance to confirm it myself. But you might want to keep an eye on these following threads in case somebody comes around to report about their experiences with the model.

Also, if you get the chance to test this out yourself with either that or some other untested model, you can report your own results in the same thread and help other DJI forum members find the right device for them - and possibly find a suitable one for yourself, too!

The threads are located at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets).

Good luck with finding a suitable model, I hope your problem gets a satisfactory solution!
2021-5-26
Use props
fans72e14605
New

France

we have no other solution with S21...amazing  i use FILMIC PRO...
2021-6-5
Use props
PenguinWhale
lvl.1
New Zealand

I have the S21 and it works with both the USB-C and Do It All handle
2021-6-5
Use props
DaleM
lvl.2
United States

PenguinWhale Posted at 6-5 18:21
I have the S21 and it works with both the USB-C and Do It All handle

Thanks, that's good to know. Hopefully my S21 Ultra will work since the S21 does.
2021-6-6
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

If you happen to be able to test the S21 Ultra, I would be very grateful if you could report the results either here or in my phone compatibility thread (link mentioned on an earlier post).
2021-6-7
Use props
DaleM
lvl.2
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-7 09:38
If you happen to be able to test the S21 Ultra, I would be very grateful if you could report the results either here or in my phone compatibility thread (link mentioned on an earlier post).

I'm not sure how soon I will buy the Pocket 2, but when I do, I will post in that thread on the compatibility results.
2021-6-7
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DaleM Posted at 6-7 09:53
I'm not sure how soon I will buy the Pocket 2, but when I do, I will post in that thread on the compatibility results.

Thank you very much already in advance :-) Sure hope you'll have less hassle with it than many other users have had. Luckily, after activation using it independently will be way easier. :-)
2021-6-7
Use props
djiuser_pyCC4UdzG6V3
New

United Kingdom

ive got a samsung s20 plus and it doesn't work the camera doesn't pick up the phone at all with the usb c attachment
2021-9-26
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

djiuser_pyCC4UdzG6V3 Posted at 9-26 02:10
ive got a samsung s20 plus and it doesn't work the camera doesn't pick up the phone at all with the usb c attachment

That should be one of those models that are officially approved by DJI, so it should work.

The phone and tablet threads I have mentioned earlier on have a section on the first post that details possible causes of connection problems and how to solve them (see the "Quick fixes" part). Maybe one of those tips could help you? If not, you should be able to figure it out with DJI Support. It is probably easier to get them help with an officially supported model than with those that aren't officially mentioned.
2021-9-26
Use props
DaleM
lvl.2
United States

I posted the result of using the S21 Ultra with the P2 in the main phone compatibility thread. It is post #160.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190&extra=&page=4
2021-9-28
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DaleM Posted at 9-28 16:03
I posted the result of using the S21 Ultra with the P2 in the main phone compatibility thread. It is post #160.

Thank you, will check the results and update the compatibility list accordingly. :-)
2021-9-29
Use props
djiuser_hgSnd95UFpO0
New
United Kingdom

DaleM Posted at 2021-9-28 16:03

Hi there, may I ask were you able to get your s21 ultra to work with the dji pocket2?
I purchased it yesterday without realising it only works upto a s20.  
Im absolutely gutted as have opened the box and was only when trying to download the ap (thats now unavailable on Google play) my phone wasnt compatible.
I purchased from argos whom are sayin online they will not exchange or refund this item. If I cant get it to work Im hoping as the box states the ap is available on googleplay when it isnt is how Ill hopefully be able to return it as thats mis representation.
Id rather get it working though.  
I cant believe DJI havent updated their software for the newer phones.
Did you manage to get yours to work and if yes, may I ask how?
Thankyou in advance ☺️
2022-8-21
Use props
DaleM
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_hgSnd95UFpO0 Posted at 8-21 00:38
Hi there, may I ask were you able to get your s21 ultra to work with the dji pocket2?
I purchased it yesterday without realising it only works upto a s20.  
Im absolutely gutted as have opened the box and was only when trying to download the ap (thats now unavailable on Google play) my phone wasnt compatible.

Hi. My S21 Ultra worked well with the pocket 2.
2022-8-21
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

No issues here with the MiMo app, Samsung 21U and Pocket 2. It's not the app that's the issue.
2022-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules