584 3 2021-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yellowknife3
lvl.2

Canada

Hi team,

I am a seasonal drone flyer and can only fly half the year due to freezing temps in Northern Canada.

2 weeks ago I was flying both my mini and air 2 without any issues. This past weekend though I took the drones out and my login credentials were missing in the DJI Fly app and I couldn't fly the drones further than a few dozen meters due to the lack of login. Unfortuantely the places I fly the drone do not have internet access/cell towers, so I was screwed. I checked my phone and it is not on automatic updates for the apps (iphone 8).

Anyway I got back to town and was able to login and fly everything again without an issue once I had internet connectivity.

Do the login credentials time out? I'm wondering why this happened and if it is normal or how I can anticipate it. Once a year I leave on a 1 month camping/boating trip without internet access. If I was on this trip when this happened I would have lost most of my drone season as these trips are why I own a drone in the arctic.

I did a search and found issues with folks trying to fly in restricted areas and being logged in etc and it not working, but I think my issue is different. I'm not anywhere near restricted areas when I fly.

Regardless I did upgrade to the latest versions of the app and firmware including all batteries etc. Now I need to read about the features that have changed as I hadn't flown the drone since last September.

Any ideas about the login issue? I didn't try anything to get it to work like airplane mode on the phone, not sure if that would have helped but if it does happen again while I'm out in the bush I will.

Cheers,
YK
2021-5-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

In theory, you should be able to log-in then exit the app without logging out. After that you should be good to fly.
2021-5-25
Use props
Yellowknife3
lvl.2

Canada

Geebax Posted at 5-25 14:32
In theory, you should be able to log-in then exit the app without logging out. After that you should be good to fly.

Yeah, that's how it has always worked for me for the past 2 years until now so I'm stumped.
2021-5-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen something like this on my Mini 2 and Ma2 from time to time. I just restart the app a few minutes later and it always works. Not sure about the cause.
2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules