Mini 2 Fly More Combo Battery Issue
1250 12 2021-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BirdWorld888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163593 ft
United States

Hey guys I have a Mini 2 Fly More Combo.  One of the batteries only has 3 cycles on it. I've only had the drone for a couple months. I went to charge the batteries in the smart charger and two of them charged fine. The 3rd battery was charging like normal and just about when I thought it was done the 3rd led light began to start blinking twice.  I tried flying it and it flew fine.  I waited a while and put the battery in the drone and tried to charge it from there.  It charged like normal up until around when I thought it would be done and when I looked over the same thing was happening on the drone, the 3rd light in was blinking twice.  What is causing this and how can I fix it?  The batteries are pretty much brand new.  Hasn't been crashed and has always been kept in the case in room temperatures.  I am reading about a lot of battery issues.  Some have had this same one, but I am not really finding a fix on it.  Please advise.  Thank you!

2021-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BirdWorld888. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with one of your DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight battery. Can you please try posting a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further. In addition to this I will post a chart on the DJI Mini 2 Battery Protection Mechanism Chart. Thank you.

2021-5-25
Use props
djiuser_NnvdMI5IP4VZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 343481 ft
Poland

I have similar problem.

My battery charges normally, then the LED blinks 3 times per second to indicate overvoltage.

I don't know how to fix it and do I need to claim it under warranty?

I can't add a video here
2021-5-26
Use props
djiuser_NnvdMI5IP4VZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 343481 ft
Poland

I have similar problem.

My battery charges normally, then the LED blinks 3 times per second to indicate overvoltage.

I don't know how to fix it and do I need to claim it under warranty?

I can't add a video here
2021-5-26
Use props
BirdWorld888
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-25 20:40
Hello there BirdWorld888. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with one of your DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight battery. Can you please try posting a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further. In addition to this I will post a chart on the DJI Mini 2 Battery Protection Mechanism Chart. Thank you.

[view_image]

I will try to add a video tonight when I get home from work tonight. From the picture you supplied, thank you By the way, I’m pretty confident it’s the overcharge issue.  What would cause that? Is it something that can be fixed? I put that battery in the drone and did a firmware update and it charged great up until the end and started blinking again.  I let it hover outside and drained it all the way to critical and let it cool for 30 minutes or so and put it in the smart charger and all went well again until the very end and it started blinking twice again.  Thank you for the assistance.  Brandon
2021-5-26
Use props
iDavidoff
New
Flight distance : 17536 ft
United Kingdom

Can you use a Nintendo Switch charger to charge the battery’s and or the remote control?
2021-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BirdWorld888 Posted at 5-26 11:07
I will try to add a video tonight when I get home from work tonight. From the picture you supplied, thank you By the way, I’m pretty confident it’s the overcharge issue.  What would cause that? Is it something that can be fixed? I put that battery in the drone and did a firmware update and it charged great up until the end and started blinking again.  I let it hover outside and drained it all the way to critical and let it cool for 30 minutes or so and put it in the smart charger and all went well again until the very end and it started blinking twice again.  Thank you for the assistance.  Brandon

Hi Brandon. In this case, we recommend that you fill out an online repair request on our official website and send the battery back for inspection. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-5-27
Use props
djiuser_UgJS2cTXMF0q
New
United States

I charged all 3 batteries after I flew for the first time. I put them back into the battery charger and all the lights just flash, it won’t charge. Using all dji products. They will charge if I put them in the drone and charge them one at a time, but won’t do all three. What do I do? I just purchased 2 days ago.
2021-5-31
Use props
BirdWorld888
lvl.1
United States

Did you try pressing the function button on the smart charger?
2021-5-31
Use props
BirdWorld888
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-27 00:47
Hi Brandon. In this case, we recommend that you fill out an online repair request on our official website and send the battery back for inspection. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.

Thank link is broken.  The battery isn’t even a few months old and has been used 3 charges. Is there not a warranty on it in that short time frame. I hate to mail it in and wait and pay to ship it when a new one is 20-30 dollars more than shipping.  There’s got to be a better option?
2021-5-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BirdWorld888 Posted at 5-31 19:04
Thank link is broken.  The battery isn’t even a few months old and has been used 3 charges. Is there not a warranty on it in that short time frame. I hate to mail it in and wait and pay to ship it when a new one is 20-30 dollars more than shipping.  There’s got to be a better option?

I am sorry, the link has been updated. You may start a case at this link as well. It is suggested to send the battery back if it is within the warranty period. Regarding shipping, we will send you a shipping label after you start a case if the place you located supported a free shipping label. Thank you.
2021-5-31
Use props
BirdWorld888
lvl.1
United States

So to be clear. I fill it out and send my pretty much brand new battery in and wait how long? 4,5,8 weeks to get a nee battery back when all the while the issue is known and I could mail you your faulty one and you send me a new one, but rather we’d like the customers to go without the expensive things they paid for to make it easier on you? Im having a hard time finding the customer service in this scenario.  I broke your car. I can fix it.  Mail it to me and go careless for 8 weeks and I’ll send you back a replacement car in another 8 weeks.  Does it make much sense to you?
2021-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BirdWorld888 Posted at 6-1 00:15
So to be clear. I fill it out and send my pretty much brand new battery in and wait how long? 4,5,8 weeks to get a nee battery back when all the while the issue is known and I could mail you your faulty one and you send me a new one, but rather we’d like the customers to go without the expensive things they paid for to make it easier on you? Im having a hard time finding the customer service in this scenario.  I broke your car. I can fix it.  Mail it to me and go careless for 8 weeks and I’ll send you back a replacement car in another 8 weeks.  Does it make much sense to you?

I understand your frustration and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. However, currently, we may need to receive the battery and check it when it arrives at our service center. The estimated turnaround time will be 5-7 business days exclude shipping time.
If you have started a case, please let me know, I will ask the local team to take care of your case as soon as possible.
Hope for your kind understanding.
2021-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules