M300 RTK issues with weak signal
5384 4 2021-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
apuzer
lvl.2

United States

Good Evening,

Trying hard to get the RTK to function...I have sate of NC GNSS Real time access. I can enter in the smart controller, and connect to the RTK network. The aircraft goes FIX right away, but in the columns below it, when the aircraft is sitting on the ground, the longitude and latitude and deviation areconstantly changing, and the works in yellow are "RTK Connected, data converging" I have let it sit and hot swapped batteries and it never fixes. No matter where I am, no matter what mount point i login to with the NC server.

I saw online there were issues early on with the M300 and IOS hotspot....I use an Apple phone as my hotspot. I would get the 4G dongle for the controller, but that does not seem to be available or in stock anywhere.

Please help!
2021-5-25
Use props
apuzer
lvl.2

United States

Problem resolved. Found Mount Point that fixed in about one minute. During flight, however, mission paused due to losing RTK--thus, believe I will get the Dongle to avoid this.
2021-5-28
Use props
Sunglieng
New

United States

Have you tried the dongle yet?
2021-10-11
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

I've run into the same thing using a MIFI 5G hotspot and my Samsung phone. Try to save the setting and it fails, after several reboots of the drone and the controller I finally connect. My Emlid RS2 gets a fix usually in under 2 mins using the same hotspot. I'm still learning the ropes with the M300 but messing around for an hour trying to get a RTK fix is getting frustrating. I'd be curious to know what the difference was in your mount points.
2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_3kl2WFxo0lkq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3425056 ft
United States

anejojoe Posted at 2021-11-9 13:41
I've run into the same thing using a MIFI 5G hotspot and my Samsung phone. Try to save the setting and it fails, after several reboots of the drone and the controller I finally connect. My Emlid RS2 gets a fix usually in under 2 mins using the same hotspot. I'm still learning the ropes with the M300 but messing around for an hour trying to get a RTK fix is getting frustrating. I'd be curious to know what the difference was in your mount points.

Any updates?
2022-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules