Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Larger propellers
551 9 2021-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

If it were possible to snap larger propellers on to the drone, what would be the consequences? Would I simply get a drone with more lift?
2021-5-25
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I doubt it. Just more noise maybe.
2021-5-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No, because the flight controller would manage the flight to keep rate of climb etc within design parameters anyway.

DJI's design engineers have already done a good job of matching the motors, ESCs and props to give a matched propulsion system.
It's all computer controlled and a lot more sophisticated than slapping some bigger wheels on a hotrod.
2021-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dark Horse. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommended using 3rd party accessories like propellers. These 3rd party propellers might cause unwanted incident when operating or flying your DJI drone and void the warranty of the said DJI drone as well. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-5-25
Use props
Dark Horse
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-25 18:44
I doubt it. Just more noise maybe.

Gotcha thanks!
2021-5-26
Use props
Dark Horse
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-25 19:21
No, because the flight controller would manage the flight to keep rate of climb etc within design parameters anyway.

DJI's design engineers have already done a good job of matching the motors, ESCs and props to give a matched propulsion system.

Never considered that, thanks!
2021-5-26
Use props
Dark Horse
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-25 20:59
Hello there Dark Horse. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommended using 3rd party accessories like propellers. These 3rd party propellers might cause unwanted incident when operating or flying your DJI drone and void the warranty of the said DJI drone as well. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Sure, I understand it's not recommended and would void the warranty, but you gotta crack a few eggs if you wanna make an omlette!
2021-5-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dark Horse Posted at 5-26 07:56
Sure, I understand it's not recommended and would void the warranty, but you gotta crack a few eggs if you wanna make an omlette!

you gotta crack a few eggs if you wanna make an omlette!
The omlette is already properly designed and functioning  much better than you'd ever get by slapping random pieces together.
2021-5-27
Use props
Dark Horse
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-27 04:01
you gotta crack a few eggs if you wanna make an omlette!
The omlette is already properly designed and functioning  much better than you'd ever get by slapping random pieces together.

Ok, I gotcha. My point though, was that as a people, we move forward by experimenting
2021-5-27
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Orville Wright:  "If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true really is true, then there would be little hope for advance."

I built a fairly successful career doing things everyone knew were impossible.

2021-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules