Found a drone in Spain
797 13 2021-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gergo_borbely
New

Spain

Hi! I've found a MAVIC AIR 2 in a mountain lake in the north of Spain and would like to find the owner of it. SD card is alive so I could recover the footage but no identification clues apart from the serial number.
Any idea of how can I find the person who lost it?
2021-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there gergo_borbely. Good day and it is very kind of you trying to find the owner of the said DJI drone. You may send the details and serial number to our DJI support team via email at support@dji.com for us to be able to help find the owner of the said DJI Drone. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2021-5-26
Use props
gergo_borbely
New

Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-26 00:46
Hello there gergo_borbely. Good day and it is very kind of you trying to find the owner of the said DJI drone. You may send the details and serial number to our DJI support team via email at  for us to be able to help find the owner of the said DJI Drone. Thank you and please stay safe always.

Hi Stephen!
Thank you for the advice. I've already got in touch with them and received the email address of the pilot.
Have a great day!
2021-5-26
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

Kudo's to you sir. Not a lot of people would've gone the route you did, trying to find the owner. To see that we still have decent people in our world. I hope you get a weldeserved compensation for your efforts.
2021-5-26
Use props
gergo_borbely
New

Spain

doglaboi Posted at 5-26 03:06
Kudo's to you sir. Not a lot of people would've gone the route you did, trying to find the owner. To see that we still have decent people in our world. I hope you get a weldeserved compensation for your efforts.

Thank you. I am not expecting any compensation..apart from karma, in case my drone would get lost one day.
Let's hope this person has drone insurance.
2021-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for finding the drone and trying to locate the owner.  Great to know honest people still exist.  Good luck in your endeavor.  
2021-5-26
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Like others  many to you and we all hope we can all play it forward. But I have to ask were you swimming like the drone attempted to do or maybe just a fly away! Maybe in time you'll share the rest of the story.
2021-5-26
Use props
gergo_borbely
New

Spain

3Recon Posted at 5-26 09:03
Like others  many  to you and we all hope we can all play it forward. But I have to ask were you swimming like the drone attempted to do or maybe just a fly away! Maybe in time you'll share the rest of the story.

Haha, no I was not swimming. Its a lake at 2600m altitude (water temperature around 2'C). The level of the water was a lot lower due to some maintenance at the floodgates and that allowed me to walk to an island without getting wet. The drone was in an arms reach from the shore about a half meter underwater.
The last footage shows two guys desperate attempt to walk into the lake(higher water level than on the day I've found it) so I would guess that the pilot has lost control somehow and the drone has simply run out of battery and fell into the water.
I'll send an update here once the owner has replied.
2021-5-26
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Thanks for the sort of end story, to be continued. It was just a Wild guess , now that I think about it you could of been fishing. Over here some of those mountain lakes are nice for catch and release minus something for dinner!!!  appetizer.
2021-5-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, what a great story and what a nice guy you are. If I were the guy getting his very wet drone back, I would buy you dinner and a movie ! Ok.... not a date ;-)
2021-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

gergo_borbely Posted at 5-26 00:56
Hi Stephen!
Thank you for the advice. I've already got in touch with them and received the email address of the pilot.
Have a great day!

Hi there gergo_borbely. You are very much welcome and it you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Keep safe and have a great day as well. .
2021-5-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Well done for going out to find the owner.
2021-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well done Sir.  
2021-5-27
Use props
Francis
Second Officer