2562 18 2021-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric Bartolo
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Check out a VERY quick video with the first two test flights I did with the Inspire 2 X5s camera (default lens)

Let me know what you think please. To be honest I'm not extremely impressed with the camera quality. Auto exposure was set in the first few shots as I wanted to try and focus on camera movement rather than settings but I'll never leave it on auto ever again!
2021-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Eric Bartolo. Good day and thank you for posting this cool aerial video you have filmed using your DJI Inspire 2 with X5s camera. Great work and keep flying. .
2021-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It might be YouTube but it seems overly sharp.   
2021-5-27
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

It looks good to me   You mentioned that this was with the stock 15mm lens.

The Olympus lense's (12, 25 and 45) are super sharp and much better than the stock lens.  When you get a chance, give it a try!  
2021-5-27
Use props
Eric Bartolo
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

DAFlys Posted at 5-27 00:31
It might be YouTube but it seems overly sharp.

I added a very SLIGHT sharpening in post (.49 on resolve from .5 default) but did you notice the very weird artifacts  on the ocean? I think it's a YouTube thing as it's not on the actual footage!
2021-5-27
Use props
Eric Bartolo
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Joecos Posted at 5-27 06:57
It looks good to me   You mentioned that this was with the stock 15mm lens.

The Olympus lense's (12, 25 and 45) are super sharp and much better than the stock lens.  When you get a chance, give it a try!

Thanks mate appreciate the comment In fact I just ordered the 45mm lenses which should arrive tomorrow and I'm super excited to try it - it's going to be weird at first for sure because I've never had so much zoom on a drone haha!

I'm considering other lenses now too such as the Sigma 56 F1.4 - very close to the 45mm I know but it's such a great lens that fits with some weight balancing at the back!
2021-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eric Bartolo Posted at 5-27 10:26
I added a very SLIGHT sharpening in post (.49 on resolve from .5 default) but did you notice the very weird artifacts  on the ocean? I think it's a YouTube thing as it's not on the actual footage!

Some people use Vimeo as they have a higher quality code to YouTube.
2021-5-27
Use props
Eric Bartolo
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Joecos Posted at 5-27 06:57
It looks good to me   You mentioned that this was with the stock 15mm lens.

what do you think about the lumix 25mm f1.7? It's relatively cheaper than the olympus 25...
2021-5-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

More of this please!
Wonderful footage
2021-5-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I checked on a large monitor and there is some YT stuff going on.
YT did not do your footage justice, but I'm used to watching YT footage with lots of artifacts, so I really don't mind.
2021-5-27
Use props
Eric Bartolo
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Montfrooij Posted at 5-27 23:09
I checked on a large monitor and there is some YT stuff going on.
YT did not do your footage justice, but I'm used to watching YT footage with lots of artifacts, so I really don't mind.

thank youuu yes it's all YT stuff unfortunately as I double checked the footage it is normal!!

Excited to buy some new lenses for the Inspire and share more footage in the near future
2021-5-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Eric Bartolo Posted at 5-28 00:19
thank youuu  yes it's all YT stuff unfortunately as I double checked the footage it is normal!!

Excited to buy some new lenses for the Inspire and share more footage in the near future

You're welcome.
It is common (and understandable from the data perspective) but does not do the footage justice.
I really like the compressed (pun intended) footage you get with a medium lens that is like 50mm (equivalent) or even a bit more.
Nothing beats that feeling when you make smooth footage with that kind of lens.
2021-5-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Eric Bartolo Posted at 5-27 10:27
Thanks mate appreciate the comment  In fact I just ordered the 45mm lenses which should arrive tomorrow and I'm super excited to try it - it's going to be weird at first for sure because I've never had so much zoom on a drone haha!

I'm considering other lenses now too such as the Sigma 56 F1.4 - very close to the 45mm I know but it's such a great lens that fits with some weight balancing at the back!

I assume you know what is involved ... Setting Sigma 56mm on Inspire is not a laughing matter ...
2021-5-28
Use props
Eric Bartolo
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-28 01:53
I assume you know what is involved ... Setting Sigma 56mm on Inspire is not a laughing matter ...

all that should be needed is some back weight to balance it out... have you tried it??
2021-5-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Eric Bartolo Posted at 5-28 09:56
all that should be needed is some back weight to balance it out... have you tried it??

Yes, I did. It is not that simple as you think it is. This wonderful but massive lens is requiring a whooping 106g counterweight, set precisely off centre axis. This is making a really heavy payload for X5S gimbal, considering the weight of lens alone. However, Sigma 56mm rarely delivers useable video, but for some action packed movie shots it may be just what director is looking for. I'm using this lens strictly for gigasize panoramic landscape stitches.
sigma 56mm_02.jpg
sigma 56mm_01.jpg
2021-5-28
Use props
Eric Bartolo
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-28 13:16
Yes, I did. It is not that simple as you think it is. This wonderful but massive lens is requiring a whooping 106g counterweight, set precisely off centre axis. This is making a really heavy payload for X5S gimbal, considering the weight of lens alone. However, Sigma 56mm rarely delivers useable video, but for some action packed movie shots it may be just what director is looking for. I'm using this lens strictly for gigasize panoramic landscape stitches.

yeah I saw the first photo somewhere on FB I think and I got inspire, I thought it'd be easier thanks for the heads up...not usable because of weight and how difficult it is stabilize it due to it being telephoto lens?

It's a real pity cause I've used the other Sigma lenses and they're all incredibly sharp and of course it amazing for low light being F1.4
2021-5-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Eric Bartolo Posted at 5-29 13:26
yeah I saw the first photo somewhere on FB I think and I got inspire, I thought it'd be easier thanks for the heads up...not usable because of weight and how difficult it is stabilize it due to it being telephoto lens?

It's a real pity cause I've used the other Sigma lenses and they're all incredibly sharp and of course it amazing for low light being F1.4

I've got/seen some excellent videos with this glass on Inspire, but the weather must be very polite. The best approach is to fly in ATTI mode, which I will NOT recommend without extensive practicing prior to. Also, the mass of lens + counterweight is taxing gimbal motors and suspension heavily, not to mention
reduced flight time. All things considering, nice addition but definitely not a full time ...
2021-5-29
Use props
Eric Bartolo
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-29 19:11
I've got/seen some excellent videos with this glass on Inspire, but the weather must be very polite. The best approach is to fly in ATTI mode, which I will NOT recommend without extensive practicing prior to. Also, the mass of lens + counterweight is taxing gimbal motors and suspension heavily, not to mention
reduced flight time. All things considering, nice addition but definitely not a full time ...

thanks for the heads up mate, let me practice more using the 45mm and then I'll see maybe I'll consider it! Wish they make a light 30F1.4 or something even wider!
2021-5-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Magnificent views! I'd be over the moon if I could produce something as spectacular as that.
2021-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules