Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turn On and Off option for phone charging
1342 19 2021-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PedroNog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77530 ft
Portugal

The charging feature via DJI remote is a nice touch but I would like to choose it myself.

If my remote is 25% charged and my iPhone 95% what sense does it make, using the remote control battery to charge the phone?
I think the option of turning it on and off should come back.
Thanks!

2021-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PedroNog. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. This matter has been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further evaluation and attention. For the latest news and updates with DJI. Please visit and please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2021-5-26
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

+1 Join this idea.
2021-5-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

+1 Bring back the phone toggle switch let me choose
2021-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 to bring back the toggle.
2021-5-27
Use props
PedroNog
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-26 19:27
Hello there PedroNog. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. This matter has been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further evaluation and attention. For the latest news and updates with DJI. Please visit and please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,
One more thing. Charging while flying in warmer weather overheats the iPhone. Even worse if the screen brightness is at maximum. It is very important that the option to turn on or off the iPhone charge becomes available again.
Regards,
2021-5-30
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

PedroNog Posted at 5-30 16:52
Hi Stephen,
One more thing. Charging while flying in warmer weather overheats the iPhone. Even worse if the screen brightness is at maximum. It is very important that the option to turn on or off the iPhone charge becomes available again.
Regards,

Absolutely !
2021-5-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

PedroNog Posted at 5-30 16:52
Hi Stephen,
One more thing. Charging while flying in warmer weather overheats the iPhone. Even worse if the screen brightness is at maximum. It is very important that the option to turn on or off the iPhone charge becomes available again.
Regards,

Hi there PedroNog. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information you have given. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2021-5-31
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-31 20:02
Hi there PedroNog. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information you have given. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.  .

Is the iPhone charging toggle now back with the new GoFly update.  We really need this.  Apple tells me that having the auto charging feature will void my phones warranty.
In addition, since summer is hear my phone over heats (brand-new iPhone 12) due to the auto charging feature and the phone display dims to the point that it is unreadable.  Please bring  back the option!
2021-6-19
Use props
PedroNog
lvl.2
Portugal

A new app update and once again, nothing on this. Damn!
2021-6-30
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

+1 to have the selection toogle we have had for ages. Why auto selection was chosen is beyond me. If you can’t manage to make sure you have enough charge for the duration of your flights, perhaps you need to reconsider if you should be flying drones at all. And to add to the issues I'm having is that my screen on my IPhone XS Max starts to dim once the device gets warm which makes it impossible to see when flying.

This is the first feature in 4 yrs that I truly do miss. Come on dji put it back in the menus please
2021-7-2
Use props
PedroNog
lvl.2
Portugal

Cauffy Posted at 7-2 13:12
+1 to have the selection toogle we have had for ages. Why auto selection was chosen is beyond me. If you can’t manage to make sure you have enough charge for the duration of your flights, perhaps you need to reconsider if you should be flying drones at all. And to add to the issues I'm having is that my screen on my IPhone XS Max starts to dim once the device gets warm which makes it impossible to see when flying.

This is the first feature in 4 yrs that I truly do miss. Come on dji put it back in the menus please

You are absolutely right. What's the point of the remote automatically charges the iPhone if some idiot forgets to charge the remote?
2021-7-2
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PedroNog Posted at 7-2 13:22
You are absolutely right. What's the point of the remote automatically charges the iPhone if some idiot forgets to charge the remote?

I know, DJI are the market leaders and rightly so. But removing features like this is beyond me...

Dji please release a new app update next week….
2021-7-2
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI please watch, this is exactly what’s happening to me

2021-7-2
Use props
PedroNog
lvl.2
Portugal

Cauffy Posted at 7-2 13:46
DJI please watch, this is exactly what’s happening to me

https://youtu.be/enqimcSjSYk

Now, that guy in the video you shared, rather than help, he's been trying to earn some change through an affiliate link, trying to convince the guys that a sun hood shade solve the problem.
I'm starting to think the guy just brought up this subject with the intention of earning some money.
I also own one sun hood shade but for the intended purpose. This does not protect my iPhone's battery from constantly receiving unnecessary charges thanks to an unintelligent option from DJI.
2021-7-4
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PedroNog Posted at 7-4 09:52
Now, that guy in the video you shared, rather than help, he's been trying to earn some change through an affiliate link, trying to convince the guys that a sun hood shade solve the problem.
I'm starting to think the guy just brought up this subject with the intention of earning some money.
I also own one sun hood shade but for the intended purpose. This does not protect my iPhone's battery from constantly receiving unnecessary charges thanks to an unintelligent option from DJI.

Hi,

Which you tubers doesn’t use affiliated links these days. In 4 yrs I have been flying dji drones starting with phantom 3 professional, spark, air 2, mini 1 and mini 2 and using the same iPhone during this time I have never had this problem since the auto charging feature has been changed. Being able to switch it on or off is there in an emergency and to be honest I never used it.

I suppose keeping direct sunlight of your phone then it may help, but it should never of been changed in the first place and left it to the user to decide if they need to charge whilst flying. This is a step backwards for me. We’ve seen great progress with features in the djifly app and this is the worst one they have implemented.
2021-7-4
Use props
PedroNog
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI, I can't thank you enough for your update which brought back the toggle switch for iPhone charge. Definitely a smart move.
Regards and my sincere thanks.
2021-7-9
Use props
tchanter
lvl.1
United States

I'm a newbie and today was my 1st time out -In 95 degree (F) and bright sun, it took only minutes for my Galaxy S9 (that was at 100%) to overheat and you can guess my panic - Bring back the on/off toggle!! It is very much a safety issue and in my case health issue (near heat attack).
2021-7-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

tchanter Posted at 7-31 13:54
I'm a newbie and today was my 1st time out -In 95 degree (F) and bright sun, it took only minutes for my Galaxy S9 (that was at 100%) to overheat and you can guess my panic - Bring back the on/off toggle!! It is very much a safety issue and in my case health issue (near heat attack).

95 degrees! It had nothing to do with charging. Keep your phone and controller in the shade. I was flying in the direct sun at 90 degrees two weeks ago. Samsung S21 Ultra. My phone overheated and completely shut down. It went into RTH and came back just I got my phone rebooted. Flew out of the direct sun in higher temps later with zero problem. It has nothing to do with charging, it has to do with running the brightness at max and direct sun.
2021-7-31
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-31 14:35
95 degrees! It had nothing to do with charging. Keep your phone and controller in the shade. I was flying in the direct sun at 90 degrees two weeks ago. Samsung S21 Ultra. My phone overheated and completely shut down. It went into RTH and came back just I got my phone rebooted. Flew out of the direct sun in higher temps later with zero problem. It has nothing to do with charging, it has to do with running the brightness at max and direct sun.

Thats for sure, it does warn you not to use full brightness for too long prior to turning on full brightness on Android (Samsung for sure).

I have sunbathed in 30ºC+ whilst using Note, 2, 3, 5, 9 and 20 Ultra 5G, not once have/had any of them shut down due to overheating.

It could be a combination of full brightness, continuous usage, resource-intensive app and charging but I will be surprised if the charge is enough to cause an issue to be honest, my Note 20 U5G was at 72% battery yesterday, so i left the controller on and the phone screen on AOD and let it charge up whilst we chatted and had a coffee, a good 20 minutes, checked to see what charge status was and it had only gone up to 73% so the power input isn't enough to cause heat to be a concern, i believe there was mention of it being only 500ma @ 5v, that's a fraction of what my phone needs to charge it that's for darn sure, its a slow trickle charge at the most, if i rem correctly, 5v @ 500ma was what Samsung's travel charger was for my note 1 or 2 lol
2021-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules