Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 RTK + Trimble Receiver with "Advanced" RTCM Settings
3212 3 2021-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cat_UAS
lvl.1

United States

I'm trying to use a P4 RTK with corrections coming from a Trimble Alloy base station but it's not able to maintain a consistent and reliable RTK fix status. When I use my SPS986 Trimble receiver as the base then it works fine. I believe the difference in results stems from the fact that the available RTCM NTRIP-Caster options are different on each device. The SPS986 only includes the RTCM version option but the Alloy base station includes several "Advanced Settings" as shown below. I'm currently trying the options selected in the image and got better results but it still loses RTK fix pretty quickly preventing us from using the Alloy base station. I have confirmed that the issue is not the wireless network as the signal strength is strong and using an NTRIP client on another device I confirmed the RTCM messages were coming in every second without interruption. Is anyone else using a Trimble receiver with advanced RTCM settings succesfully and could share their settings? Thanks in advance.

2021-05-26 15_57_15-Trimble - 2021-05-26T22_57_14Z.png
2021-5-26
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another user reported issues w/ dropped connections due to having corrections for GNSS constellations the P4R couldn't use turned on, but it looks like you have only the recommended ones.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 924&pid=2263516

Your best bet, which you are doing already, is to try to tweak every setting on the Alloy to match those on the SPS986. You might contact Trimble to see what the particulars are for the latter, since it's a bit of a black box.

We use a Trimble NetR9 as a CORS to cast NTRIP. Here are our settings:

2021-5-27
Use props
Cat_UAS
lvl.1

United States

patiam Posted at 5-27 08:24
Another user reported issues w/ dropped connections due to having corrections for GNSS constellations the P4R couldn't use turned on, but it looks like you have only the recommended ones.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=190924&pid=2263516

Patiam,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We've been successfully running RTK corrections off our Trimble Alloy Base station now for several flights using exactly the same settings that you shared. I'm glad we can run as originally intended and avoid the need to haul around the SPS986 as a backup.
2021-6-25
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Cat_UAS-

Glad it helped! I guess we lucked out initially, b/c most of those settings were default rather than ones I tweaked intentionally :p
Most of our NTRIP issues have to do w/ our network goobs putting firewall rules up that block it (since we 're casting on internet).
2021-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules