Cannot get Robomaster SDK working
6081 10 2021-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RandomActPG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19249 ft
Canada

I have been trying for days to get the SDK to install on either a Windows machine or RPi with no success.
I have followed the instructions to install on Rpi and after much struggle I got that process to work and the library to install.  I cannot, however, use it as I'm stuck with the error once I try "from robomaster install robot" line:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/admin/bottest.py", line 1, in
from robomaster import robot
File "/home/admin/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/robomaster/robot.py", line 31, in
from . import camera
File "/home/admin/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/robomaster/camera.py", line 25, in
from . import media
File "/home/admin/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/robomaster/media.py", line 21, in
import libmedia_codec
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'libmedia_codec'

Any suggestions on getting that libmedia_codec to install.  I can see it's in the git repo but I can't get the build and install to work.

2021-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RandomActPG. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For SDK issue and inquiries, it is recommended to contact our DJI development team at dev@dji.com . The team will be able to assists and help you with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2021-5-26
Use props
CLMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 461289 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Which version of Python did you install? The RM SDK is not compatible with the latest version (i.e. 3.9.x) of Python. It will only work with Python ver 3.8.x or below.
2021-6-19
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

Did you follow this?
https://robomaster-dev.readthedo ... code_env_setup.html
2021-6-22
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know, sorry
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-26 20:02
Hello there RandomActPG. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For SDK issue and inquiries, it is recommended to contact our DJI development team at  . The team will be able to assists and help you with regards to this matter. Thank you.

Yeah, I think contacting DJI Support would be a good option
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

CLMav Posted at 6-19 05:34
Which version of Python did you install? The RM SDK is not compatible with the latest version (i.e. 3.9.x) of Python. It will only work with Python ver 3.8.x or below.

It doesn't make sense why its not compatible with the latest version...
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BGA Posted at 6-22 12:16
Did you follow this?
https://robomaster-dev.readthedocs.io/en/latest/code_env_setup.html

Try following this setup code, it might be able to help
2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Alvara74 Posted at 7-3 07:53
Yeah, I think contacting DJI Support would be a good option

Hi there Alvara74. Thank you for the reply and for this information you have given. Thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2021-7-5
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-5 20:33
Hi there Alvara74. Thank you for the reply and for this information you have given. Thank you for your support and have a nice day.  .

No worries and thank you. I wish a good day to you too!
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Alvara74 Posted at 7-5 22:41
No worries and thank you. I wish a good day to you too!

Hi there Alvara74. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again, thank you for your support and please stay safe always. .
2021-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules