New Gimbal board camera will not work
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrmauric
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10787 ft
United States

I installed a BRAND new gimbal  motherboard in my P3P.  When I turned it on it still did nothing no dance but green flashing light a red light every once in awhile a couple of faint bep beep constant. It shows nothing in the live view.  I tried to install firmware off of DJI site for this drone on an sd card but it does not go in to update mode.  I tried a hard flash by holding the reset button and turning on battery with no luck?  My question is there anything else I needed to do to this virgin motherboard before installing?  Do I need to put firmware on there immediately when I fire it up to work?  I checked all cables to make sure they are secure.  The camera part after awhile is pretty warm so there is power going to it.  The reason I changed the old board out is because the drone sat for about 8 months and I understand it lost its firmaware and there is no way to get it back unless you can reflash it with major soldering taken place.  At that time with this old board everything would fire up on the camera but there was simply no live view on my iphone.  I have another new board coming again and I want to know what I am doing wrong.  This will be $280 worth on boards I spent.

Thanks
2021-5-27
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

I think there were a whole lot of other options available before you started changing out hardware to address the "no live view" on your iPhone. You have obviously introduced a more serious problem into the system.
IMHO you are throwing good money after bad by keeping buying new boards.
Put the old board back in. Make sure you get the same results as before you started your change-out and then take it from there.
"No live view" can be the result of one of many issues, including something as simple as drone not linked to RC, poor USB to iPhone connection, App not functioning correctly etc.
2021-5-27
Use props
jrmauric
lvl.1
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 5-27 07:43
I think there were a whole lot of other options available before you started changing out hardware to address the "no live view" on your iPhone. You have obviously introduced a more serious problem into the system.
IMHO you are throwing good money after bad by keeping buying new boards.
Put the old board back in. Make sure you get the same results as before you started your change-out and then take it from there.

I did try another another tablet to view with different cable at first.  I did uninstall and reinstall the app.  I tried to download the firmware back on the board but it never loaded or initiated.  The old board is not an option because I tried that also.  But on that board I did attempt to do a reflash as per youtube with soldering of wires and the TTL adapter to usb.  It never would bootme so I figured the chip was bad.  So I ordered another board.  Green light flashes, fan comes on but the camera just hangs there but it does get warm where power is getting to it.  I assumed this second board was bad also even though it said new.  This second board just seems to not have any firmware on it for it to function and it will not let me flash it on there through sd slot.  It gives  no report of failed update when i take the sd card out and look at the text file.  Is there anyway else to flash the chip other than pressing the reset and battery function?
2021-5-27
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

That's out of my knowledge jrmauric. Hopefully someone with more experience of "flashing" will help you.
Good luck.
2021-5-27
Use props
jrmauric
lvl.1
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 5-27 10:32
That's out of my knowledge jrmauric. Hopefully someone with more experience of "flashing" will help you.
Good luck.

Thanks for responding.
2021-5-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jrmauric.  I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit Thank you.
2021-5-27
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Good advice if you have an agent near you. Your $280 would be better spent there.
2021-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules