New dji fly app updatr crash on smart controller
1183 9 2021-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
databreaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20574 ft
Netherlands

Today have i update the fly app on my dji smart controller.
Now have i a probleem that the fly app every 5 minutes crash and starting again

Can jou look for this problem?

Thank you
2021-5-27
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a buggy update. Revert to version 1.4.0 and all will be well. When I'm asked to upgrade (over and over) I cancel it. You can delete the current version by going to setting>apps and select the Fly app. You'll find an option to delete it, then 1.4.0 will replace it.
2021-5-27
Use props
databreaker
lvl.2
Netherlands

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-27 11:26
It's a buggy update. Revert to version 1.4.0 and all will be well. When I'm asked to upgrade (over and over) I cancel it. You can delete the current version by going to setting>apps and select the Fly app. You'll find an option to delete it, then 1.4.0 will replace it.

Thank you.
I have set the old version back
2021-5-27
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

databreaker Posted at 5-27 11:34
Thank you.
I have set the old version back

Great. Now if only DJI will get us a working version beyond 1.4.0.
2021-5-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, databreaker. Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. To assist you further and check the issue you have submitted, please connect the DJI Smart Controller to a desktop/laptop and go to DJI > dji.go.v5 path file to look for the log folder of the DJI Fly. Kindly upload the files to either DropBox or GoogleDrive then forward the link here. Thanks and looking forward to your response.
2021-5-28
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-28 00:24
Hi, databreaker. Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. To assist you further and check the issue you have submitted, please connect the DJI Smart Controller to a desktop/laptop and go to DJI > dji.go.v5 path file to look for the log folder of the DJI Fly. Kindly upload the files to either DropBox or GoogleDrive then forward the link here. Thanks and looking forward to your response.
[view_image]

Why are you asking your customers for this information over and over again?  It is well-known and widely reported that the 1.4.2 update has caused numerous issues such as the one reported by the OP and the screen freeze issue reported in several other threads on this forum and others.  We are not beta testers, we are paying customers. The 1.4.2 update is so buggy, especially with your own smart controller that I can’t even fly my new Air 2S.  Please ask your engineers to properly test for these reported issues and push out an update that resolves them.
2021-5-28
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-28 14:07
Why are you asking your customers for this information over and over again?  It is well-known and widely reported that the 1.4.2 update has caused numerous issues such as the one reported by the OP and the screen freeze issue reported in several other threads on this forum and others.  We are not beta testers, we are paying customers. The 1.4.2 update is so buggy, especially with your own smart controller that I can’t even fly my new Air 2S.  Please ask your engineers to properly test for these reported issues and push out an update that resolves them.

Exactly. Just fix it.
2021-5-28
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-28 14:07
Why are you asking your customers for this information over and over again?  It is well-known and widely reported that the 1.4.2 update has caused numerous issues such as the one reported by the OP and the screen freeze issue reported in several other threads on this forum and others.  We are not beta testers, we are paying customers. The 1.4.2 update is so buggy, especially with your own smart controller that I can’t even fly my new Air 2S.  Please ask your engineers to properly test for these reported issues and push out an update that resolves them.

I have to agree with this. We are NOT your beta testers. We paid a lot of money to use your products.

These bugs are very easy to find with even the most minimal QA testing and it clearly shows a lack of adequate testing on the DJI side before pushing out these buggy messes.
2021-5-28
Use props
databreaker
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-28 00:24
[view_image]

this is te link to my log
i hope to find the issu

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18F12nFGYHCnhsYfstFUgb6OEhWu9sveh?usp=sharing
2021-5-30
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

databreaker Posted at 5-30 01:39
this is te link to my log
i hope to find the issu

Thanks for going the extra mile, as it will benefit us all in the long run.
2021-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules