Drone not moving sideways smoothly
1698 8 2021-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SCarrPhoto
lvl.2
Iceland

I've just started using my DJI Air 2S after a few weeks off, and it seemed to work perfectly to start with. Now, when I try to move to left or right using the right hand joystick - so keeping the camera on the same point (sorry, don't know what the movement is called) it tilts terribly before eventually straightening. Moving left or right on the left hand joystick is fine, moving the camera to a different side. I've tried recalibrating the gimbal, but it's still doing it, although not quite so badly.

Any ideas?
2021-5-27
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

What mode are you using- Cine, Normal, or Sport? Best mode would be Cine (aka Tripod) mode so hopefully you made adjustments to that mode and Normal.
2021-5-27
Use props
SCarrPhoto
lvl.2
Iceland

RobZilla Posted at 5-27 14:56
What mode are you using- Cine, Normal, or Sport? Best mode would be Cine (aka Tripod) mode so hopefully you made adjustments to that mode and Normal.

I tried to fly in each mode and had the same issue, although more pronounced obviously in sport mode. Do you have to calibrate the gimbal in each mode? (sorry, I'm completely new to this!).
2021-5-27
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Maybe you are in FPV mode?

There's a bug in the app that when you turn off and on APAs bypass from the icon on the screen it switches to FPV mode automatically, so you have to enter the menu and select standard 3 axis stabilization back on.
2021-5-27
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

SCarrPhoto Posted at 5-27 16:18
I tried to fly in each mode and had the same issue, although more pronounced obviously in sport mode. Do you have to calibrate the gimbal in each mode? (sorry, I'm completely new to this!).

It's not the calibration you need to do but the speed, smoothness for Pitch and Yaw. You'll find those settings in Advanced Gimbal Settings. And yes you need to set all those settings for both Cine and Normal.   Try those out and let us know if that improves.

Once you have those down, its a matter of practice on being gentle with the sticks. A few like myself don't use it, or some have gone with longer or custom sticks to improve video and flights.
2021-5-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SCarrPhoto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened before on your DJI Air 2S? Thank you.
2021-5-27
Use props
SCarrPhoto
lvl.2
Iceland

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-27 20:31
Hello there SCarrPhoto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened before on your DJI Air 2S? Thank you.

Hi Stephen - no crash or anything - only differences from when I used it before were travelling with it overseas (I kept it well protected!) and installing new firmware. Will try the yaw and pitch speed to see if this changes anything.
2021-5-28
Use props
SCarrPhoto
lvl.2
Iceland

RobZilla Posted at 5-27 17:02
It's not the calibration you need to do but the speed, smoothness for Pitch and Yaw. You'll find those settings in Advanced Gimbal Settings. And yes you need to set all those settings for both Cine and Normal.   Try those out and let us know if that improves.

Once you have those down, its a matter of practice on being gentle with the sticks. A few like myself don't use it, or some have gone with longer or custom sticks to improve video and flights.

Thanks RobZilla - I'll try that out. I had gone into that function and reset, so will try again with different settings - I guess the slower and smoother should help...
2021-5-28
Use props
SCarrPhoto
lvl.2
Iceland

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 5-27 17:01
Maybe you are in FPV mode?

There's a bug in the app that when you turn off and on APAs bypass from the icon on the screen it switches to FPV mode automatically, so you have to enter the menu and select standard 3 axis stabilization back on.

Thanks Huginn - this had changed to FPV and now I've changed back to Follow it's working fine!! Feel a bit stupid now, but I guess it's all a learning experience
2021-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules