3068 23 2021-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah de ja vu season is back on!!!

Much like many other DJI users i have upgraded from my old S10 to the s21plus. REGRET!!!

Had the same insanely frustrating situation with the s10 not working with DJI GO 4. I found a fix and a workaround by simply using the bottom usb port into my phone and no more connection issues.
That does not work with the s21 and on a drone job last night i had to apologise and not do the job for the client which was horrible.
No fix seems to be on the horizon and i tried and failed with reverting back to an older version of the app.

SO. is my ONLY option now to buy an old phone? Surely not...........................

Any help would be massively appreciated. This is the worst DJI surely this is an easy fix but i no there is no official information at all available.
2021-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, there. Sorry for the problem caused. Could you please tell us the model of your drone? And please also use another cable to check if it works. If possible, please test with another phone to see whether it can connect to another phone.
2021-5-28
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-28 02:38
Hi, there. Sorry for the problem caused. Could you please tell us the model of your drone? And please also use another cable to check if it works. If possible, please test with another phone to see whether it can connect to another phone.

Hi Mindy. I am. Yes, its a Mavic 2 pro. Of course i have already tried three different cables one even being brand new and no video connection on any of them.
Clearly a software fix is needed and to recommend people buy an old phone is a little insulting for me. So yes luckily i could complete the drone job as my business partner has an iphone. That in no way helps as its his phone and we only rarely go to jobs together.
2021-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WildWillGreen Posted at 5-28 03:20
Hi Mindy. I am. Yes, its a Mavic 2 pro. Of course i have already tried three different cables one even being brand new and no video connection on any of them.
Clearly a software fix is needed and to recommend people buy an old phone is a little insulting for me. So yes luckily i could complete the drone job as my business partner has an iphone. That in no way helps as its his phone and we only rarely go to jobs together.

Hi, could you please enable the “USB debugging” option in the Developer options menu, connect the remote controller to the mobile device and try again? If it still not works, please provide a screenshot of your phone's operation system information and tell us the app version.
2021-5-28
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Have tried before to no avail. Have reapplied but I am fairly certain that fix does not work as it has not in the past.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus - ANDROID 11 (UK)
App version. Just reinstalled - 4.3.37
Also just checked and USB debugging was activated in app settings already so thats not going to change anything.
I am one of MANY people with this issue so let's be honest all this advice has already been given and not helped anyone hence the growing large volume of Android users complaining they can no longer use your devices which of course will have an effect on sales. Its very disappointing.
2021-5-28
Use props
djiuser_h0lb6LBoEQ09
New
Flight distance : 8658 ft
Russia

I upload my firmware to 1. 4.2 , and my dji mini 2 with Samsung galaxy S21 freeze when I'm record video.
2021-5-30
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_h0lb6LBoEQ09 Posted at 5-30 22:31
I upload my firmware to 1. 4.2 , and my dji mini 2 with Samsung galaxy S21 freeze when I'm record video.

Welcome to the club!!!

It's a fast growing club with quite a few members now. Each as salty as the next.... DJI may be working on this but maybe not....... They tell me to buy an old phone lol
2021-5-31
Use props
MVT0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1041480 ft
Bulgaria

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-28 04:16
Hi, could you please enable the “USB debugging” option in the Developer options menu, connect the remote controller to the mobile device and try again? If it still not works, please provide a screenshot of your phone's operation system information and tell us the app version.

That's crazy. Every colleagues from my country can't use their Mavic 2 pro with Samsung s21, s21+ and S21 Ultra, maybe should we try with different cable?

When the team of the DJI will admits that the app "DJI go 4" have issue with Samsung s21, s21+ and s21 ultra? I have the problem more that two months and before more than month I sent to DJI team lots of screen shots and videos with the problem and the answer from dji support is on the attached picture

If you check the dji forum, will see lots of post from users that have problem with samsung s21. What needs to happen to update DJI GO 4?

Lots of user use mavic 2 pro for a work like me, I lose lots of paid jobs about the problem with samsung s21. It is unacceptable to oblige us to use phones for more than 4 years.
We know that the mavic 2 pro is old drone, but please make update of the app.
2021-5-31
Use props
MVT0
lvl.3
Bulgaria

WildWillGreen Posted at 5-31 02:44
Welcome to the club!!!

It's a fast growing club with quite a few members now. Each as salty as the next.... DJI may be working on this but maybe not....... They tell me to buy an old phone lol

I have the problem more than two months, send them lots of screenshots and videos and dji suppor team know for the problem. Still no solution. I'm very disappointed! In every new post in the forum, they pretend not to know about the problem and ask from the user version of the phone software, app version  and "try with different cable"
2021-5-31
Use props
MVT0
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Тhere was the same problem with  "DJI Fly" app, but they fixed it up with update.
2021-5-31
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MVT0 Posted at 5-31 12:25
I have the problem more than two months, send them lots of screenshots and videos and dji suppor team know for the problem. Still no solution. I'm very disappointed! In every new post in the forum, they pretend not to know about the problem and ask from the user version of the phone software, app version  and "try with different cable"

Hi mate,
I'm beyond frustrated with this crap and refuse to buy another damn phone!! Well said, it's so obvious they are fully aware and do the same dance every new post that goes up knowing full well these fixes do not work. It's embarrassing!! I have a lovely £1500 paperweight though
2021-6-1
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MVT0 Posted at 5-31 12:29
Тhere was the same problem with  "DJI Fly" app, but they fixed it up with update.

Oh REALLY>???? So i can actually fly my mini then?
Not exactly comparable to my pro 2 but atleast when i go on holiday in JUne i can take that piece of crap with me.
2021-6-1
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

WildWillGreen Posted at 6-1 04:48
Oh REALLY>???? So i can actually fly my mini then?
Not exactly comparable to my pro 2 but atleast when i go on holiday in JUne i can take that piece of crap with me.

To confirm I have tried the Mini 2 and it actually flys with video feed!!!!!
Unfortunatley however I have a drone business and the mini2 images are not good enough.

SO if they can fix the software on Mini2 then why not the MAvic 2 Pro?!?
2021-6-2
Use props
MVT0
lvl.3
Bulgaria

WildWillGreen Posted at 6-2 01:53
To confirm I have tried the Mini 2 and it actually flys with video feed!!!!!
Unfortunatley however I have a drone business and the mini2 images are not good enough.

I also use my drone for work and I have two or three engagements per week, now I should ask every time phone from friends to do the job. How you can see DJI stop to answer to your thread, they don't have answer. More than month and a half they don't fix their app, maybe they're trying to get us to buy new drones.
2021-6-2
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MVT0 Posted at 5-31 12:29

Exactly!!! So you would think it would be a quick easy fix for Mavic 2 but support say otherwise!!!!
2021-6-3
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MVT0 Posted at 6-2 09:17
I also use my drone for work and I have two or three engagements per week, now I should ask every time phone from friends to do the job. How you can see DJI stop to answer to your thread, they don't have answer. More than month and a half they don't fix their app, maybe they're trying to get us to buy new drones.

Yes my only solution was to embarrassingly use another mans phone making me look like some kind of amateur!!
Nope no answer at all, just the stock "have you tried updating app and using different cables" and thats the end of it. I believe the only drone that actually works with my phone is the mini2 now i could be wrong but thats no replacement for MP2. I have jobs in place for next month so my only options is to buy an old phone!!!!!
2021-6-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hello guys, sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have forwarded this issue to the corresponding team and they will check it further. You can also try to install the old version or switch to another mobile device to see if it helps. We apologize again for the inconvenience caused.
2021-6-3
Use props
MVT0
lvl.3
Bulgaria

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-3 04:35
Hello guys, sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have forwarded this issue to the corresponding team and they will check it further. You can also try to install the old version or switch to another mobile device to see if it helps. We apologize again for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Mindy, As I told I use the drone for job /I'm professional real estate photographer/. I tried with older version too, without success. Also I sent every details to Samsung and they also know for the problem.
2021-6-3
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-3 04:35

No fixes work I can also confirm, of course using someone elses phone is an option for some but as with MVT0 i am a commercial pilot who relies upon this for work and have no alternative handset.
I refuse to spend £100 minumum for some old tech. I today have cancelled a drone job as I am unable to do it due to this issue so it is now actually costing me money! I have the mini2 and you have succesfully updated that to work with my Samsung s21 plus but I cannot use that for professional jobs of course and surely if your tech department has found a solution for mini2 then the Mavic 2 can't be a huge leap.......
2021-6-4
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Call me impatient but my whole business has now had to be put on hold due to not being able to fly with a new samsung phone.

SO as i don't want to buy a second hand old phone or an expensive smart controller it appears that my only option is to downgrade software through DJI ASSISTANT on pc.

Can anyone please tell me which version or of course if anyone has tried this and had success?

Thanks.  
2021-6-8
Use props
M.V.T
lvl.3
Bulgaria

WildWillGreen Posted at 6-8 01:44
Call me impatient but my whole business has now had to be put on hold due to not being able to fly with a new samsung phone.

SO as i don't want to buy a second hand old phone or an expensive smart controller it appears that my only option is to downgrade software through DJI ASSISTANT on pc.

I tried previous version of the firmware of the drone, again without success. To this time I have no solution of the problem and I tried everything maybe.
2021-6-8
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Does anyone know if other manufacturers drones work with new Samsung phones.
Thinking of selling on my MAvic 2 Pro as i now can't use it all and no idea when i will be able to.............
Jumping ship seems the best fix here.
2021-6-10
Use props
M.V.T
lvl.3
Bulgaria

WildWillGreen Posted at 6-10 02:58
Does anyone know if other manufacturers drones work with new Samsung phones.
Thinking of selling on my MAvic 2 Pro as i now can't use it all and no idea when i will be able to.............
Jumping ship seems the best fix here.

Try with Autel EVO II, 8k video.I also think to switch. I'm very disappointed with the service of DJI, more than two months no fix of the app, the answer of my question "when will be fix" is "As of the moment we do not have any information when will the Samsung S21 be compatible with the said DJI Application" that menas there is a chance it will never happen. I use Samsung more than 10 years and don't whant to change. Also I pay for "DJI care refresh" for one year to this time 2months can't fly  
2021-6-10
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

M.V.T Posted at 6-10 06:20
Try with Autel EVO II, 8k video.I also think to switch. I'm very disappointed with the service of DJI, more than two months no fix of the app, the answer of my question "when will be fix" is "As of the moment we do not have any information when will the Samsung S21 be compatible with the said DJI Application" that menas there is a chance it will never happen. I use Samsung more than 10 years and don't whant to change. Also I pay for "DJI care refresh" for one year to this time 2months can't fly

Thanks mate, yeah i've heard good things about that. MIght have to sell up and jump ship, I have had the same vague answer too and i just can't see them making any changes any time soon either which is just massively frustrating!!!
2021-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules