Best filters for DJI Mavic Air 2 and Air 2S?
6569 9 2021-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

I'm wondering if I should get different ND filters instead of using the set the comes the with DJI Air 2s Fly more combo?
I've heard people say that the DJI filters have a slight cover cast.

I use to use PolarPro filters for my Mavic Pro 1. I pretty much got the whole set but in practice, I only really used the ND 16 and 32.
Also I rarely used the PL versions, mainly due to the painful set up on the original Mavic Pro?

What do you use? What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Single SelectVote, Total 28 people participate in voting
53.57% (15)
7.14% (2)
35.71% (10)
3.57% (1)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-5-28
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks everyone for your replies so far!

Anyone noticed any colour differences?
2021-6-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mini-G Posted at 6-1 06:30
Thanks everyone for your replies so far!

Anyone noticed any colour differences?

I have used ND filter’s with all my drones, polar pro freewell etc, differences are pretty small and subjective , I haven’t purchased any with Air2S because I have found stock perfectly fine and do a pretty good job, filters are expensive and I’d rather spend the money on an extra battery.
2021-6-1
Use props
Meanderthal
lvl.2

United States

Just don't listen to Hallmark. He says that people can't travel to Iceland, that cell towers send GPS signals to your drone, etc. I would make sure to not give his advice credence.
2021-6-1
Use props
redwoodforest
lvl.1

United States

Your poll will of course generate a high percentage of people who use the supplied ND filters, because, well, they are supplied and most people will not find the need to buy a second set just to see if they outperform the supplied set. For those that bought the drone without the ND filters supplied, people are inclined to buy the brand sold by the same company rather than buying from a 3rd party that might or might not be better. For example, most iPhone owners are going to have an Apple branded power supply rather than a 3rd party.

That said, I'm not sure you're going to get much out of this poll other than see how many people bought the drone with ND filters or bought 3rd party filters. It would make more sense to poll people who have used both the stock ND filters and a 3rd party filter, and have thoughts on which is better. That would be a hard population to find, but it's the question you are seeking to answer, I believe.
2022-1-1
Use props
lennybabin
lvl.2
Canada

My understanding is that ND filtres are only about lowering the exposure of video so that you can achieve motion blur.  You can look some of that up.

Nothing else.

Len
2022-1-1
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

I use and recommend freewell ND Filters ……you won’t be disappointed.  
2022-1-2
Use props
pescobar61
lvl.2
Flight distance : 335564 ft
Spain

I use Freewell ND filters most of the time, 16 or 32 usually. The variable ND too. I think is the better option for quality and price.
2022-1-6
Use props
mikeb368
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4141345 ft
United States

I used PGYtech variable ND for my Air 2. Worked great so I purchased for my air 2 s. Got a color cast. So I returned the filters and bit the bullet on the polar pro variable ND's. So far so good. Nice clean filter and easy to install and adjust. Only issue is the extremly fine print on the adjustment wheel. But I would recommend.
2022-1-18
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mikeb368 Posted at 1-18 13:17
I used PGYtech variable ND for my Air 2. Worked great so I purchased for my air 2 s. Got a color cast. So I returned the filters and bit the bullet on the polar pro variable ND's. So far so good. Nice clean filter and easy to install and adjust. Only issue is the extremly fine print on the adjustment wheel. But I would recommend.

Thanks for sharing!

The Polar Pro filters are great!
2022-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules