Apple Video Editing App Recommendations
726 3 2021-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

I own a 2011 iMac running OS 10.13.  Prior to purchasing my Mini 2 in April I had absolutely no problems with it. The Mac did everything I wanted it to do.  I haven’t upgraded this computer because a lot of the quirky software that I use every day no longer exists.  They are all dedicated to my other hobbies.

My first videos from the drone were all in 4K.  All I had to run them was Quicktime and that gave me very jerky movies.  I downloaded Cisdem Video Player and now I can view the videos full screen just as the drone shot it.  I love the sharpness and detail.

What I would like to do is basic video editing to splice videos together, add titles and music for a start.  

What Apple app would you recommend?

I guess while I am at it what about photo editing apps (I used to own and use Photoshop but lost interest)?

2021-5-28
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

free - imovie and clips. the Best app - LumaFusion.
2021-5-28
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'd stick with iMovie 9free with the Mac) for a while and then look at Final Cut Pro if you want to get further into editing.  Mind you there are other editors around but these are two of the easier ones.
2021-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out Davinci Resole,  they have a free edition,  just makes sure you create proxies when you import your media to speed up processing.
2021-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules