DO NOT BUY FPV Goggles V2
1313 2 2021-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A new issue with the V2 goggles without access to the FPV drone has appeared. I agree - DO NOT BUY THE V2 GOGGLES IF YOU ONLY INTEND TO USE THEM WITH THE DIGITAL SYSTEM.

It looks like DJI has already abandoned the FPV drone too, and it also appears that no firmware updates are forthcoming for it.  It's been 3 months since the initial release of the FPV drone, and no firmware updates to fix these major problems have appeared. And there is no hint of fixing this from DJI so far. This generally only happens if DJI has dropped a product and moved on to something else.

So it's best to assume that the FPV drone in its current version has been end-of-life'd. Probably they are already working on version 2?
Ian describes the new issue with the goggles in this vid:

2021-5-28
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yea its mad that there has ben so many issues and no proper updates or fixes, but I cant imaging DJI dropping this so early in the process, specially as the sales have been good. My personal guess is that as this is a very different venture and system the updates and fixes are taking longer than usual or have complications, maybe I am wrong but thats what I think.(& hope)
2021-5-29
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FrootWhoopz Posted at 5-29 16:14
Yea its mad that there has ben so many issues and no proper updates or fixes, but I cant imaging DJI dropping this so early in the process, specially as the sales have been good. My personal guess is that as this is a very different venture and system the updates and fixes are taking longer than usual or have complications, maybe I am wrong but thats what I think.(& hope)

Well, in the comments in the video above, Ian posted that DJI had actually contacted him about that video. And they said they were aware of the problem and were working on a fix. Promises, promises, but I trust that that's at least some indication from DJI that there may be fixes for these problems coming.

I'm still pessimistic, but I do hope there will be at least a couple of FW updates to fix the really bad stuff. Then they can go ahead and discontinue it, or upgrade it or whatever... There just needs to be fixes for the existing problems is the main thing I'm concerned about right now.
2021-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules