Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse Z15-A7 for new Sony A7RII
123Next >
24303 100 2015-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6032398 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I know it's early days but does anyone have any indication as to whether the Zenmuse Z15-A7 will accomodate the new Sony A7RII?
2015-7-20
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Hi, I am afraid not. A7 gimbal can only accomodate Sony ILCE-7R and Sony ILCE-7S camera, lens Sony FE 35mm f2.8 ZA.
2015-7-20
Use props
stewart
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-7-21 11:56
Hi, I am afraid not. A7 gimbal can only accomodate Sony ILCE-7R and Sony ILCE-7S camera, lens Sony F ...

Thank you for your response. I'm confused as I have asked Matt from DJI tech support and he says that it does fit. As mentioned, the said camera is yet to be released. I'd like to clarify before I purchase. Thanks.
2015-7-21
Use props
stewart
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Two more questions Dji support 8 and thank you for your time.  Is Dji working on any new zenmuse gimbal release to support the new Sony + Canon cameras? How does Dji plan to accomodate new camera releases in terms of compatibility with zenmuse gimbal not just now but in the future?
2015-7-21
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

stewart@stewart Posted at 2015-7-21 18:53
Two more questions Dji support 8 and thank you for your time.  Is Dji working on any new zenmuse gim ...

Hi Stewart, my pleasure. You can get DJI's new product release by visiting DJI official website, forum or DJI release conference. Now DJI's Ronin and Ronin-M can accomodate basically all the camera as long as the spec. is proper. They are now the most popular gimbal product in DJI .
2015-7-21
Use props
steve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully the a7rii will be supported soon. While great cameras neither the a7r or a7s has the in body stabilization and neither can do internal 4k recording. Even a nursing home I did a video for the other day was disappointed that I wasn't recording in 4k (s1000+, Zenmuse gimbal, a7r).

2015-7-27
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

steve@wingnutae Posted at 2015-7-28 07:56
Hopefully the a7rii will be supported soon. While great cameras neither the a7r or a7s has the in bo ...

Thanks for your suggestions. I would forward your suggestion to DJI R&D.
2015-7-29
Use props
stewart
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

steve@wingnutae Posted at 2015-7-28 07:56
Hopefully the a7rii will be supported soon. While great cameras neither the a7r or a7s has the in bo ...

Great to hear your feedback Steve! Thanks. Was the footage smooth?

I will mainly be shooting stills but I would like the option to shoot motion. The footage that I am getting out of my Inspire 1's are very smooth and for what it is I'm happy, in terms of stills, it's no where where I need it to be for obvious reasons. I would like the option like many others to have more flexibilty with a better stills camera. I'm looking at the Alta along with the M5 but as we all know there is a huge price difference and for a reason. I just find that the freefly option is much more flexible in terms of payload and it supports more than one camera and lens per gimbal! (nudge nudge DJI) I have tried getting information about fitting out the s1000+ with a ronin but I cant seem to find out much information on it. At the end of the day I just want to be able to hook up a Sony A7RII to a UAV and take stills.
2015-7-29
Use props
steve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

stewart@stewart Posted at 2015-7-30 11:16
Great to hear your feedback Steve! Thanks. Was the footage smooth?

I will mainly be shooting sti ...

Hi,

It is challenging to get really smooth footage with this combo.

With the Zenmuse / A2 / Futaba combo, even when set on "slow" there is a "jump" as soon as you touch the stick to pan, and then it moves smoothly. If I knew the software better I could probably adjust the pan to be even slower, which would be desirable, but I have a working system right now and am hesitant to break it.

As well, when using the ground station to control flight the s1000+ there are two goofy things. One is that when you have it hoover at a waypoint there is a bug in the software so that it hoovers for the number of seconds you programed plus some arbitrary number of seconds. So you if trying to time filming it is tough as it is hanging there and then goes.

The other is that when leaving a waypoint it accelerates for a second much faster than needed as opposed to leaving smoothly. Makes "smooth" video there near impossible.

So you just have to get creative. I set waypoints to be 5-10m before I actually wanted them and started filming so that by the time I got to the desired waypoint things were stabilized.

So it is great for stills. Video is of course doable, but more challenging than I think it needs to be,
2015-8-1
Use props
stewart
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

steve@wingnutae Posted at 2015-8-1 20:19
Hi,

It is challenging to get really smooth footage with this combo.

Thanks Steve!
2015-8-5
Use props
lukiluc
lvl.1

Mexico

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-7-21 11:56
Hi, I am afraid not. A7 gimbal can only accomodate Sony ILCE-7R and Sony ILCE-7S camera, lens Sony F ...

Is there by any chance a possibility of doing some manual adjustments to the Zenmuse Z15-A7 Features so it can support the Sony A7Rii  I mean can we try to do something or it's a total waist of time?  I'm buying one of those and i feel is going to be out of fashion in a month...
And what about the RoninM and the S 1000 + can the fly together with no issues and carry the Sony A7Rii...  What gear do you need to mount that gimbal in the S-1000 +  and how smooth is to fly that way...

Thanks
2015-8-12
Use props
simplicator
New

United States

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-7-29 19:53
Thanks for your suggestions. I would forward your suggestion to DJI R&D.

Now that the A7RII is released, is DJI any closer to supporting it on Zenmuse?  This appears to be the perfect combo for photogrammetry.
2015-8-24
Use props
rickywood
lvl.1

United Kingdom

We currently have an A7s & A7R that work well on the Z15-A7 gimbal. We are going to buy a A7R MkII - any updates on the support for the gimbal?
2015-8-25
Use props
stewart
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Hello DJI? Any updates? It would be great if a universal setup (gimbal) (warranty approved Ronin-m attachment) was put into place so that any payload can be attached to the S900, s1000+ etc. etc. obviously based on weight restrictions.  Having a gimbal that allows only 1 camera and 1 lens is not a professional solution. Could you at least mention if there is any indication as to whether anything like this is in the works?
2015-8-30
Use props
kilo23
New

United States

Has anyone tried this combo to see if there is any way around it? I was told that it would work and just planned and ordered a s1000+ ship around a A7Rii. If not is there any other solutions to use this camera with a S1000?
2015-9-5
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

I'd be interested if someone has tried.  
Ir interface should be the same. Body is the same
HDMI connector is same
A7R vs A7RII weight difference is only 2 ounces with battery.
Not sure what the incompatibility would be.
2015-9-8
Use props
arshapro
New

United States

hello! any news on this?  just picked up the a7rii and would love to buy a dji platform with zenmuse a7 for it!
2015-9-12
Use props
kilo23
New

United States

I just tried this combination last night and the lens whole is just a few millimeters off to get the body to sit flush. I am thinking of shaving a few millimeters off of the ring  to see if I can get it to work. If anybody has any other ideas or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. I can get pics or anything else up as quick as possible if that would help.
2015-9-12
Use props
jimk714
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

kilo23...were you able to get the Sony A7r II to work in the Z15-A7 gimbal.  Thanks Jim... Las Vegas.
2015-9-17
Use props
neil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4814482 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kilo23 Posted at 2015-9-12 23:23
I just tried this combination last night and the lens whole is just a few millimeters off to get th ...

I'd really like to know if you managed to get this working? Just got the A7r, but really wished i'd gone for the Mkii. Not that impressed with the video of the A7r.
2015-10-18
Use props
alex
New
France

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-7-22 04:50
Hi Stewart, my pleasure. You can get DJI's new product release by visiting DJI official website, f ...

Hi Candice,

Any news about the release of a new Zenmuse Z15-A7 for new Sony A7RII.
Can I still hope it will exist in a near future or must I look for another gimbal?

Thanks
2015-11-6
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

alex@akiprod.co Posted at 2015-11-6 23:30
Hi Candice,

Any news about the release of a new Zenmuse Z15-A7 for new Sony A7RII.

Hi Alex, Dji currently has no plan to develop Zenmuse A7 to adapt to A7Rii. But according to DJI's new product release cycle, you can expect more new product.
2015-11-9
Use props
aspect
New

Canada

I have the same issue.  I am looking to get S1000 for photography but have a7rII with a different lens.  I also own Ronin-M and I can attach it to S1000 (this can be done, check youtube etc.)  However, as I am contemplating on doing this, my problem in advancing seems to be the shutter release control...  Shutter release is a part of the Z15 gimbal (http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... ing/Shutter_Control)...  I don's seem to find a way to be able to trigger shutter remotely.   Before I discovered that Ronin-M can be mounted on S1000 I was contemplating getting Z15-A7 model and then seeing if I can adapt the gimbal to accomodate a7rII by either restructuring it's frame or recessing the camera more toward the back (as I have a slightly larger lens).  a7rII works magic in Ronin-M... really wish I could get the shutter release module or adapt Z15-A7...

@DJI Candice, is there any plans to make Mark II compatible gimbals or release accessories such as shutter release controls for S1000?  You guys should be really taking advantage of your most popular Ronin / Ronin-M platform and make all professional drones work with that...

2015-11-22
Use props
Clotting
New

New Zealand

kilo23 Posted at 2015-9-13 06:23
I just tried this combination last night and the lens whole is just a few millimeters off to get th ...

So did you manage to get the A7rii to fit ?
2015-11-25
Use props
foylee
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Clotting Posted at 2015-11-26 05:04
So did you manage to get the A7rii to fit ?

Has anyone had any success modifying the Z15-A7 gimbal to fit the A7Rii or A7Sii?
2015-11-29
Use props
Ian Cresswell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2448842 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm very interested in this as well. Anyone gotten an A7Rii to fit on the A7 zenmuse?
2015-12-9
Use props
pluigi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535226 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I'm also interested in A7Rii and A7sii to fit zenmuse !
+1
2016-1-3
Use props
Wolfexe
lvl.2

Russia

Sony A7S ii on Zenmuse Z15-A7, no problem
2016-1-10
Use props
kilo23
New

United States

Sorry for the very late response but no I wasn't able to get the a7rii to fit in the a7 gimbal. I am thinking of using the ronin but would like to know if something will come out soon that supports the a7rii body.
2016-1-17
Use props
Wolfexe
lvl.2

Russia

kilo23 Posted at 2016-1-18 08:00
Sorry for the very late response but no I wasn't able to get the a7rii to fit in the a7 gimbal. I am ...

I believe that nothing in the DJI camera A7R2 A7S2 and will not be released, the camera is easy to put on the Z15-A7 by simple manipulations. Suspension allows you to do it without reworking. It takes only a balancing, that too is nothing complicated
2016-1-17
Use props
rudy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3488875 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Wolfexe Posted at 2016-1-18 07:17
I believe that nothing in the DJI camera A7R2 A7S2 and will not be released, the camera is easy to ...

Can you give us an idea, how to fit the MkII of the A7 series?

Thanks,
Rudy
2016-1-18
Use props
neil
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wolfexe Posted at 2016-1-18 06:17
I believe that nothing in the DJI camera A7R2 A7S2 and will not be released, the camera is easy to ...

Wolfexe,

Can you confirm that all you need to do to get the A7Rii with the 35mm lens to work on the Z15 A7 gimbal is to adjust the balance? The camera physically fits?

Thanks
2016-1-18
Use props
Wolfexe
lvl.2

Russia

neil@skypower.c Posted at 2016-1-19 04:51
Wolfexe,

Can you confirm that all you need to do to get the A7Rii with the 35mm lens to work on t ...

Later, I will lay out photos and videos
2016-1-18
Use props
neil
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wolfexe Posted at 2016-1-19 06:12
Later, I will lay out photos and videos

Looking forward to seeing this Wolfexe as i really need to get my A7Rii working.
2016-1-19
Use props
Wolfexe
lvl.2

Russia

neil@skypower.c Добавлено в 2016-1-19 17:30
Ждем этот Wolfexe, как я на самом деле нужно, чтобы мои A7Rii работает.

I made videos and photos. You can see that it works.

2016-1-19
Use props
neil
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wolfexe Posted at 2016-1-19 18:07
Я сделал видео и фотографии. Вы можете видеть, что это  ...

Nice one!!

So if i got this right you have a HDMI from the camera to an adapter which then plugs into the zenmuse (is this because the HDMI port is a different size?)

Do you have control of the shutter?

Did it take much to balance it?

It looks promising - just hope the A7Rii is the same as the A7Sii ?

2016-1-19
Use props
Wolfexe
lvl.2

Russia

neil@skypower.c Posted at 2016-1-20 06:31
Nice one!!

So if i got this right you have a HDMI from the camera to an adapter which then plugs  ...

The adapter is needed to connect two micro HDMI wire, because the gimbal mini HDMI cable is short (the micro HDMI port on Sony A7S II turned to the other side). The control shooting is standart.
The balancing is easy.
2016-1-19
Use props
neil
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wolfexe Posted at 2016-1-20 01:22
The adapter is needed to connect two micro HDMI wire, because the gimbal mini HDMI cable is short ( ...

Great... Do you have any video of it in action on your youtube page?
2016-1-20
Use props
wolfexe.inbox
lvl.2

Russia

neil@skypower.c Posted at 2016-1-21 06:21
Great... Do you have any video of it in action on your youtube page?

Now it's cold it's-25C outside, later
2016-1-20
Use props
neil
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wolfexe.inbox Posted at 2016-1-21 01:24
Now it's cold it's-25C outside, later

Ha, I don't blame you for staying indoors if it's that cold.

Sorry another couple of questions:

I managed to have a look at the gimbal today but as it wasn't mine I couldn't do anything to it..

1. How did you remove the IR from the gimbal?

2. Did you have any problems getting the lens ring to screw in? Did you need to remove the inner spacer

Thanks for the help!!

2016-1-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules