Mini 2 batteries. Best to charge to around 50% after use?
3240 5 2021-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cm00
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just got a mini 2 and have been looking at how best to look after the batteries.

The mini 2 uses lipo batteries. Leaving at nearly full charge or low charge is very bad for battery health. I know that if left out of the drone or charger the batteries willl discharge to around 72% after 5 days. While better than nothing, this still doesn't seem close to optimal.

As I understand it, lipo batteries are best stored at around 50% charge. I don't know why this should be any different for mavic mini 2 batteries, because they are lipo. Does anyone know better or is my understanding to store them with around 50% charge about right?

It seems weird that you can't configure the charger to charge them only to 50-60%, for storage. As it is now, you must monitor each battery as it charges and take it off charge once it charges to around the 3rd light lit up. Annoying because you have to do that 3 times over for 3 batteries, every time you finish using the drone.

2021-5-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Cm00. Thanks for reaching out! Before storage, it is recommended to charge the battery to approximately 72%. It is recommended to charge and discharge the battery to 72% once every three months to improve battery performance. If the battery level is below 72%, it is recommended to charge it until it is 72% before storing. If the battery level is above 72%, the battery will discharge automatically after 5 days to 72% Unfortunately, there's no option to configure the charging limit even for storage.
2021-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The batteries are supposed to auto discharge but there is a bug,  dji said they would be releasing a software update to fix this.
2021-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heres some more details -

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t& ... WquGoh9tdR1DEtk-BGN
2021-5-29
Use props
Rob_G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56732 ft
Canada

I'm testing the discharge functionality on my 3 batteries now.  Previously, I left one battery for a week and it only discharged to 95%.  It wasn't even in the charger or drone.

Rob  
2021-5-30
Use props
Switch639
lvl.4
Germany

Rob_G Posted at 5-30 00:22
I'm testing the discharge functionality on my 3 batteries now.  Previously, I left one battery for a week and it only discharged to 95%.  It wasn't even in the charger or drone.

Rob

mine only started dropping to 72% after one week. In week 2 it had dropped to 72%. I would say from day 8 onwards probably as I didnt check each day
2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules