814 10 2021-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Hey All,

This goes out to anyone based in the US....

I am interested in getting the DJI Air 2S and my local Best Buy has it in stock, but they only offer their Geek Squad warranty and a 2yr Warranty is $400.  I was wondering if I purchase the drone from them, can I purchase the DJI Care refresh directly from DJI after the fact?  Or do I have to get it at the same time I get the drone.

Thanks
2021-5-28
Use props
SkyPod
lvl.3
United States

You have up to 48 hours to purchase dji refresh after you activate the drone.
2021-5-28
Use props
SkyPod
lvl.3
United States

https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh
2021-5-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Parisi2274. Thanks for reaching out! Yes, you can purchase the DJI Care Refresh from our Online Store even though you have purchased your DJI Air 2S in BestBuy.

NOTE: DJI Care Refresh is only eligible in the region where it was purchased. To ensure that you can enjoy the service normally, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region.
2021-5-29
Use props
Asyd_Rayn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2766 ft
United States

I just bought the smart controller -- will that fall under care refresh or do I need to purchase separate coverage for the smart controller? There wasn't a prompt when I set it up, but I thought maybe I missed it.
2021-6-25
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

You have 48 hours after activation to buy
2021-6-25
Use props
Asyd_Rayn
lvl.2
United States

Captain Dangerous Posted at 6-25 11:28
You have 48 hours after activation to buy

Not sure if your reply was in answer to my question, but there is no care refresh for the smart controller according to DJI support for care refresh. So, there is no 48-hour time period unless it's for a drone.
2021-6-26
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Asyd_Rayn Posted at 6-26 08:07
Not sure if your reply was in answer to my question, but there is no care refresh for the smart controller according to DJI support for care refresh. So, there is no 48-hour time period unless it's for a drone.

I meant 48 hours for the drone.  From the remote there is no cover for the smart controler.  You have to activate the care refresh with the original shipped remote to make the cover valid.
2021-6-26
Use props
Asyd_Rayn
lvl.2
United States

Captain Dangerous Posted at 6-26 09:50
I meant 48 hours for the drone.  From the remote there is no cover for the smart controler.  You have to activate the care refresh with the original shipped remote to make the cover valid.

Yup, thanks, that's basically what he explained, but your original reply didn't mention what the 48 hours applied to, but it's all clear now.
2021-6-26
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Asyd_Rayn Posted at 6-26 19:33
Yup, thanks, that's basically what he explained, but your original reply didn't mention what the 48 hours applied to, but it's all clear now.

Sorry for causing confusion.
2021-6-27
Use props
Astrid55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30696 ft
Hong Kong

Have you bought the Care Refresh already? The qualities for buying the service are strict. As far as I am concerned, you could buy Care Refresh for one year and buy the Care Refresh Plus within the period of warranty as your needs.
2021-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules