Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor monitoring for failure.
366 1 2021-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ozzyjim
lvl.2
Australia

Hello,

I own a M600pro and it has excellent redundancy built in, however I would love to see on future inspire and other professional / enterprise series drones on board monitoring of temp, voltage draw and amp draw of its motors... I know I could buy the sensors aftermarket and write a program log it to a raspberry Pi or the manifold available through DJI, however built in systems from the factory and data available in the flight app would be great.. Reason being that a failing motor could be detected earlier and replaced before a in flight failure.. Again not an issue on the m600 so much but.....

For a bit of extra "smarts" on the motor side RPM and individual serial numbered motors could be used to log motor hours and rpm measured against volts/amps across the drone again to see if a motor has to work harder than the rest to maintain rpm..

Interested to hear other opinions..

Cheers.

2021-5-29
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Yeah it's strange that this havn't been done.

I know at least a couple of M600 crashes that could been avoided if the temp of the esc's had been monitored.
2021-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules