575 11 2021-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb789b792
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110092 ft

United States

Hi
I was shooting with my Mavic pro 2 today it's about my 20th shoot with this particular drone. I also shoot with a Phantom 3 Pro. Today I shot 17 clips. Nothing was changed exposure/focus-wise throughout the shoot. the first 10 clips look great, next 3 are blurry meaning nothing is in focus at all the final 4 are all back in focus. Any idea what would do this?? Firmware is up to date.  Conditions were perfect for flying (sunny, 65 degrees, and no wind.) I have never had this happen before - any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

2021-5-30
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

This has happened similarly to me, but I did see on my phone screen that the picture was out of focus and tapped the screen and the camera focused again. Should I have carried on filming it would have been out of focus. Could this have been a similar case? Do you use the remote controller with a phone or the smart controller.
2021-5-30
Use props
fansb789b792
lvl.1

United States

It was with the smart phone and the controller. Not the smart controller. I am pretty mad I didnt catch it but I looked at it on my screen and its much harder to tell it on that small of a screen. I think I have traced it back to one battery. I charged them all last night but the one with the problem clips when I put it in said it only had 57%...I figured I would figure it out later Its a live event so not much time for troubleshooting. I am going to dishcharge and charge them all and see if I can't recreate it but ooophhhh.
2021-5-30
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

fansb789b792 Posted at 5-30 10:32
It was with the smart phone and the controller. Not the smart controller. I am pretty mad I didnt catch it but I looked at it on my screen and its much harder to tell it on that small of a screen. I think I have traced it back to one battery. I charged them all last night but the one with the problem clips when I put it in said it only had 57%...I figured I would figure it out later Its a live event so not much time for troubleshooting. I am going to dishcharge and charge them all and see if I can't recreate it but ooophhhh.

Yes it is a bit difficult to see if the camera is in focus on such a small screen like phone. Hope that it will correct itself after conditioning the batteries, although I find it hard to think it would have anything to do with the batteries, but whish you good luck.
2021-5-30
Use props
Paul_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

With video I would suggest doing two things, set AWB at a fixed setting and focus to manual with a setting just under infinity.
2021-5-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and can you please try to fly your DJI Mavic 2 Pro to a different location? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it as well. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices for optimal flying. Thank you.

2021-5-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Try posting  an example on YouTube so we can see what you are talking about.
2021-5-30
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can manually focus by tapping a point on the screen. Perhaps you accidentally did this in the clips that are out of focus?
2021-5-31
Use props
fansb789b792
lvl.1

United States

I am going to upload the clips to youtube. I thought about the manual focus accidental tapping thing....but nothing is in focus. So unless it was doing a macro thing I would have thought something would be in focus. The rebar thing yeah that is possible - I have shot at this location multiple times. Let me get the clips uploaded. I am going to get the drone out today and see if it happens.

Thanks, everyone for taking the time to respond. When I do the clips I will note all the technical....versions etc. Again thank you and have a nice Memorial Day!!

2021-5-31
Use props
Lokinator1
lvl.1

United States

Here you go 2 clips. Shot same location same day few minutes apart.

https://youtu.be/u1JDa6e8JHQ

https://youtu.be/s61NwbMdWz4
2021-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let me embed those for you

2021-5-31
Use props
Lokinator1
lvl.1

United States

A little follow up and maybe my drone is broke or I am missing a setting but regardless of settings when the drone takes off the shot is out of focus and I have to click the AF and click the screen to get it to get and hold focus. Seems if I switch between manual or AF if I dont click at it to focus it starts off soft regardless of settings. Is this my drone?? If I click focus everything looks great...but even if I have AF set the footage looks soft if I don't tell it to verify focus. Any help would be much appreciated as minor it is and I will learn but something I do not have to do with any of my other drones.

2021-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules