Android FLyApp 1.4.2 - it is not possible to take a picture.
752 8 2021-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

I have a problem with DJI FLy 1.4.2 (android 11), consisting in the inability to take a photo or change any parameter from the menu displayed on the main screen of the application (lower panel and panel on the right). The image is smooth at this time, the drone responds correctly to the controls, but you cannot change anything from the main screen. The problem occurs for about a minute and then everything starts working properly. And so it is at a random moment of the flight. Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
I have all the updates installed.
2021-5-31
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Try 1.4.3, maybe will be better
2021-5-31
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Everything was running smooth on my Galaxy S20 with 1.4.2 during draining 4 batteries in a row on the weekend,  except 2 small hickups for half second or less in the video feed.
But i am not sure if it was caused by something from the mobile or by the DJI stuff.

@DaMa
1.4.3 is still not available for Android.
2021-5-31
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

MySky Posted at 5-31 12:42
Everything was running smooth on my Galaxy S20 with 1.4.2 during draining 4 batteries in a row on the weekend,  except 2 small hickups for half second or less in the video feed.
But i am sure if it was caused by something from the mobile or by the DJI stuff.

Yes, you are right, sorry. I updated it on the iphone, but then flew with the sc. My mistake. sc is still 1.4.2
2021-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there vg1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from this DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) for to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-6-1
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

MySky Posted at 5-31 12:42
Everything was running smooth on my Galaxy S20 with 1.4.2 during draining 4 batteries in a row on the weekend,  except 2 small hickups for half second or less in the video feed.
But i am not sure if it was caused by something from the mobile or by the DJI stuff.

Good to know that it works!
But I guess that issues are mostly related to specific mobile device and OS version (so different phone can suffer from bugs). I was on old app, but going to update and test this week.
2021-6-1
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 00:08
Hello there vg1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from this DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) for to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

The situation described above appeared after the installation from the link you provided. Everything has worked perfectly so far.
The smartphone is Xiaomi POCO X3 NFC.

2021-6-1
Use props
fansa43363e9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2590108 ft
United Kingdom

There are many posts for problems with this version 1.42
Try to put 1.40 and disable the auto update.
I also had problems with 1.42 and returned to 1.40
2021-6-4
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Poland

fansa43363e9 Posted at 6-4 04:54
There are many posts for problems with this version 1.42
Try to put 1.40 and disable the auto update.
I also had problems with 1.42 and returned to 1.40

Thanks for the advice. This is probably the only reasonable option before DJI deals with the functioning of the new versions of DJI Fly.
2021-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules