788 6 2021-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1313871 ft
Poland

Hi,

Although I'm old RC helicopter pilot, drones are new to me.
They seems to be mutch easier but FPV makes big diference, so I would like to ask for some obsertations regarding this  specific drone.

#1. Not too important, but I have noticed that when I'm descending there is no '-' (minus) sign in descent / climb speed meter. We have this on simulator but doesn't work same in real.

#2. When I'm in N/S mode and hovering (no wind, no stick touch) about every 5-10 sec there is strnage "tick". Drone moves nervous  3-5cm in any direction and returns to stability in less than 1 sec. Looks like very short, hard and sharp stick movement or very short power loss on one engine.

#3. When I'm in M mode 2 times they blocked me to do more roll (similar like in attitude limit whitch is off), no problem recorded with pitch or yaw.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

stah

2021-5-31
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

#2. That doesn’t sound right. Mine doesn’t do that.

#3. There is a setting in the goggles that you have to go in and permit full acro to be allowed for full manual mode flight. I can’t remember what it is exactly. Roll or bank limit enabled... something like that.
2021-6-1
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Poland

Another observation to the list.
#4. When I'm in M mode (close to me, signal perfect) it kicks me off from M to N with red message "Unable to enter in M mode". Hmm it do this 2-3 times per one flight.

Update:

#1. - no change. still no "-" sign when descending like in Virtual Flight App.
#2. - strange "tick" could the cause be a hit with an insect? I found some small remnants on arms.
#3. - no - I'm in full manual / acro mode (attitude limit disabled). For now the issue gone (at least the last 5 flights).

2021-6-3
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

#4 - If you are in controlled airspace, there is a 40 meter buffer between the max altitude allowed in Manual mode and the lower limit of the airspace.

For example, my office is in a 150' gride, subtract the 40 meter buffer and that means I can't go above about 18' before Manual mode shuts off.
2021-6-3
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Poland

KerryG Posted at 6-3 14:13
#4 - If you are in controlled airspace, there is a 40 meter buffer between the max altitude allowed in Manual mode and the lower limit of the airspace.

For example, my office is in a 150' gride, subtract the 40 meter buffer and that means I can't go above about 18' before Manual mode shuts off.

#4 - Many thanks. It is possible. I was in limited to 100m enhanced warning zone and It's possible that I reached 70m or so. I didn't know about the buffer.
2021-6-3
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Poland

Update:

Issue #2 - "tick issue" as a result of insects impact is fake and it have to be clarified. It still happends all the time during landing procedure in N mode.
Issue #4 - confirmed. it's 40m buffer in warning zone.
2021-6-5
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Poland

#1. still here (after FW upgrade); #2. still here (probably my drone fault); #3 gone; #4 clarified.
2021-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules