Bluetooth GPS Receiver, WIFI iPad and setting Home Point to iPad
587 4 2021-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CBR954RR
lvl.2
United States

Before anyone tells me to do a search about this subject, I have read many posts on this and used these posts to try the 2 GPS receivers listed below as they were stated as working with Apple products and can't get the following to work and am hoping someone here can enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong.

I have a Mavic 2 Pro with firmware version 01.00.0510 installed in drone, all batteries and remote.  I am tring to get the Set Home Point to Remote to work but every time I try I get the message 'Mobile Device GPS Signal Weak. It's location cannot be acquired'.

I have tried the following setups;
iPad Air 2 (WIFI only) with a Dual Electronics XGPS150A Bluetooth GPS Receiver as well as a Garmin Glo 2 Bluetooth GPS Receiver while connected to the remote
iPad Air 3 (WIFI and Cell) with no sim installed while connected to remote
iPad Air 3 (WIFI and Cell) with no sim installed and a Dual Electronics XGPS150A Bluetooth GPS Receiver as well as a Garmin Glo 2 Bluetooth GPS Receiver while connected to remote

iPad Air 3 (WIFI and Cell) with sim installed and connected to the remote
iPhone 7 Plus connected to the remote

I have tried with v4.3.29 of DJI Go 4 on both iPads and tried v4.3.32 and v4.3.42 on the iPhone 7 Plus all with the same results.

What exactly am I doing wrong that I cannot get the Home Point set to the remote instead of the drone?

Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

Dan

2021-6-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What exactly am I doing wrong that I cannot get the Home Point set to the remote instead of the drone?
You are using an Apple device - that's the problem.
For a few years now, that feature just doesn't work with iPads or iPhones, whether using their built-in GPS receiver or an add-on GPS.

Why do you want/need to reset the home point to the controller?

Do you really need that feature ?
In many situations resetting the home point to the current location of the drone is just as useful.
2021-6-1
Use props
CBR954RR
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-1 16:53
You are using an Apple device - that's the problem.
For a few years now, that feature just doesn't work with iPads or iPhones, whether using their built-in GPS receiver or an add-on GPS.

Labroides,

Thanks for chiming in and helping out.  I am merely looking to get that feature working so on the rare occasions when I am no longer at the point I launched from, I can have the drone return to my current location should a RTH happen.

So what your saying is DJI has done a poor job with respect to Apple devices and GPS and nothing I do on my end will solve the problem until DJI fix the issue in their software.

That makes things simple for me then. I’ll just return the GPS receiver and wait to see if DJI ever fix this issue.

Thanks again.

Dan
2021-6-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CBR954RR Posted at 6-1 17:14
Labroides,

Thanks for chiming in and helping out.  I am merely looking to get that feature working so on the rare occasions when I am no longer at the point I launched from, I can have the drone return to my current location should a RTH happen.

That makes things simple for me then. I’ll just return the GPS receiver and wait to see if DJI ever fix this issue.
I wouldn't get to excited.
It's been non-functioning for over two years now without any fix from DJI.
But really, the "feature" isn't as useful as you imagine.
2021-6-1
Use props
CBR954RR
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-1 18:47
I wouldn't get to excited.
It's been non-functioning for over two years now without any fix from DJI.

Just a quick update...

I solved my problem by trying the software Litchi.  What I have been having issue trying to get to work with DJI Go 4 worked just fine first try with Litchi.

Thanks to all that chimed in to offer advice.

Dan
2021-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules