Did DJI remove the ability to live stream from Air 2S?
5936 15 2021-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Hey all

So as the topic suggests, did DJI remove the ability to live stream from the Air2S? I know I could do it with my Mavic 2 Pro through the DJI Go app, but I can’t find anything in this Fly app…

I think you can use the live stream feature if you’re flying with the smart controller,  but I do not own that hardware ($$$).

Any info would be greatly appreciated
2021-6-1
Use props
Meanderthal
lvl.2

United States

I use the standard controller for the Air2S. But I don't believe the DJI Fly app ever had livestream capability (as GO4 did). But rumor has it that it's coming in an update in the near future.
2021-6-1
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Meanderthal Posted at 6-1 10:08
I use the standard controller for the Air2S. But I don't believe the DJI Fly app ever had livestream capability (as GO4 did). But rumor has it that it's coming in an update in the near future.

I hope it’s part of a FW update.  I always loved to do a live stream while on vacations.  
2021-6-1
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Next DJI FLY will have Live Stream. And lets hope not only this
2021-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry that DJI Fly app does not support the live streaming feature. The request will be noted, hopefully, it will be available soon.
Update on 03/23/2022: The latest DJI Fly app has supported livesteaming for Air 2S. Please update the firmware and DJI Fly app to use the feature.
2021-6-1
Use props
djiuser_pnj1i2Icq0db
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138737 ft
Brazil

Hey there, does anyone knows if there is an other app (third-party) that's allows you make live stream by rtmp or something?
2021-9-25
Use props
fans49ec09b4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 899754 ft
Brazil

It's really embarrassing not being able to live with the Mavic Air2S.
2022-3-20
Use props
fans49ec09b4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 899754 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-6-1 19:29
Hi there, sorry that DJI Fly app does not support the live streaming feature. The request will be noted, hopefully, it will be available soon.

It's really embarrassing not being able to do it live with the Mavic Air2S.
2022-3-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly, I am really confused by this entire thread including the moderators comment that it is not supported.

I livestream with the Fly app on Air2S, Mini2, and Mavic 3 all the time.  It is in the section called TRANSMISSION.  And set up the RTMP destination you want.
2022-3-20
Use props
djiuser_l7GPt13zQit4
New
Ireland

Apologies for re-opening an old thread but I don't appear to have permission to create a new one.

I am using the DJI Fly app to livestream over RTMP to Restream.io, for onward streaming to Facebook. However, the stream lands at Restream with a "keyframe interval" of 0, which make it useless. Is this a known issue, or a problem that's specific to me? I see from other resources (e.g. youtube[dot]com/watch?v=YcjrjrD-z7A) that it should be possible to use this method, and it doesn't look like they encounter any keyframe issues.
2022-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans49ec09b4 Posted at 3-20 09:03
It's really embarrassing not being able to do it live with the Mavic Air2S.

Hi there, this is an outdated post. Livestreaming is already supported by the latest DJI Fly app and AIr 2S. Please update the app and drone to use the feature.
2022-3-23
Use props
netvisionz
lvl.1
Antigua and Barbuda

DJI Susan Posted at 2022-3-23 07:01
Hi there, this is an outdated post. Livestreaming is already supported by the latest DJI Fly app and AIr 2S. Please update the app and drone to use the feature.

My issue is that DJI Fly allows live-streaming, but not the RC Controller. What is the sense in that? Spend $30 to upgrade the controller, but lose functionality? Also why doesn't it have a SIM card slot?
2023-2-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

netvisionz Posted at 2-9 02:50
My issue is that DJI Fly allows live-streaming, but not the RC Controller. What is the sense in that? Spend $30 to upgrade the controller, but lose functionality? Also why doesn't it have a SIM card slot?

The REAL answer is that the RC is a low level toy. You need the RC Pro.
2023-2-9
Use props
djiuser_VmihpNUfxVT3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60935 ft
United States

The RC controller DOES have an SD card slot.
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your feedback. DJI RC is designed for fast and convenient drone connection in order to have easy flights. Therefore, RC is not compatible with functions such as Livestream, HDMI, and third-party Apps installation. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-2-10
Use props
netvisionz
lvl.1
Antigua and Barbuda

djiuser_VmihpNUfxVT3 Posted at 2-9 18:39
The RC controller DOES have an SD card slot.

How does having an SD card slot relate to the issue I stated? For $300 this device should at least provide the ability to livestream. The $79 controller allows for live-streaming with your phone. There is no sensible reason why this feature was removed. Think about it. I still have to use a hotspot with the RC controller. In the least give us some functionality.
2023-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules