slow lowering the flight
2360 17 2021-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2060043 ft
Poland

hey i have a problem with my drone.  namely, I noticed that when I lower the flight, no matter what height, whether it is 200m or 120m, after some time the drone suddenly starts to slow down instead of lowering at a speed of 10km / h and it lowers the flight at a speed of 1.1km / h.  and suddenly an auto-landing is triggered at an altitude of either 46m or 20m.  windless weather, so there is no question of wind.  I keep the stick down all the time and it slowly descends.  when I turn off the autolanding, it suddenly tears up.  has anyone encountered such a problem?  new drone after warranty replacement.  the drone's software and the latest application.
I will add that there was no sun and the weather was cloudy. and it happens to me every time I fly.now I'm afraid to fly this drone.

Screenshot_2021-05-31-17-59-08-387_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
2021-6-1
Use props
djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC
lvl.3
Poland

slow lowering the flight

hey i have a problem with my drone.  namely, I noticed that when I lower the flight, no matter what height, whether it is 200m or 120m, after some time the drone suddenly starts to slow down instead of lowering at a speed of 10km / h and it lowers the flight at a speed of 1.1km / h.  and suddenly an auto-landing is triggered at an altitude of either 46m or 20m.  windless weather, so there is no question of wind.  I keep the stick down all the time and it slowly descends.  when I turn off the autolanding, it suddenly tears up.  has anyone encountered such a problem?  new drone after warranty replacement.  the drone's software and the latest application.
Changing flight modes doesn't help. Restarting the app doesn't work either.
I will add that there was no sun and the weather was cloudy. and it happens to me every time I fly.now I'm afraid to fly this drone.
Screenshot_2021-05-31-17-59-08-387_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
2021-6-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sound’s like you could be having problems with bottom sensors, do you have any third party accessories added to drone ? Or could their be dirt on sensors ? You may need to send drone in for repair.
2021-6-1
Use props
djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC
lvl.3
Poland

the drone returned from warranty as replaced with a new one 3 days ago. I cleaned the sensors from the outside. I don't know but 2 of my friends have the same problem.
2021-6-1
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

YOU CAN DELETE ALL THE SAME POSTS AND LEAVE ONE
2021-6-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If you like put a link to you airdata or put a cloud-link to your flightlog on here.
Need the file to see what happend in your flight.

If autolanding is triggered flying at 'high' altitude than the bottom sensor is false measuring 0.5 meter.
Log will tel more.

cheers
JJB

2021-6-1
Use props
djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC
lvl.3
Poland

https://app.airdata.com/share/cIBfWR
2021-6-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Your bottom sensor did false measure low heights, 0.5 meter and less, see the "Altitude [ VPS ]" chart line.
This false measuring started when your MINI came back from really some height : 350 meters!

So my guess is condensation on the bottom sensor.

Forcelanding is initiate by a remote pilot : 100% stick down AND 0.5 meter (or less) [ false ] measuring on the bottom sensor.This will indeed slow down the descend. Cancel this landing mode by momentarily UP stick.

Check in the next flights, flying a lower altitudes if the sensor is working normal again.

Would be nice to see 1 of the 5 pictures from that height....
BUT in the start of your flight, the moment you started to climb the bottom sensor act a little weird..., curious about this the next flights.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2021-6-1
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

JJB* Posted at 6-1 23:34
Hi,

Your bottom sensor did false measure low heights, 0.5 meter and less, see the "Altitude [ VPS ]" chart line.

Hi JJB, i cant use your software to read my AIR 2S logs. But i see you where sucessful in this case. Can you tel me how to do it?
2021-6-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Miguel Leitao Posted at 6-2 03:05
Hi JJB, i cant use your software to read my AIR 2S logs. But i see you where sucessful in this case. Can you tel me how to do it?

Hi Miguel,

FRAP latest version is not yet public, still working on it.

cheers
JJB
2021-6-2
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

JJB* Posted at 6-2 05:09
Hi Miguel,

FRAP latest version is not yet public, still working on it.

Ok, thanks for your great work with this software.
2021-6-2
Use props
djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC
lvl.3
Poland

JJB* Posted at 6-1 23:34
Hi,

[Image]

hey, after landing, the second one was dry so it's not a problem descending from a high altitude, but in my opinion, the drone software error or damaged sensors.unfortunately, this new drone is only one week old. I'm sending another log will you take a look?I am worried that when I exceed the ceiling of 70m, then when it lowers the flight, when the drone hangs low above the ground, the application shows a negative altitude.

https://app.airdata.com/share/tlKREt

I have no idea what to do with this drone
IMG_20210602_160824.jpg
IMG_20210602_160802.jpg
IMG_20210602_160537.jpg
IMG_20210602_115559.jpg
Screenshot_2021-06-02-11-55-31-699_com.android.chrome.jpg
2021-6-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC Posted at 6-2 21:45
hey, after landing, the second one was dry so it's not a problem descending from a high altitude, but in my opinion, the drone software error or damaged sensors.unfortunately, this new drone is only one week old. I'm sending another log will you take a look?I am worried that when I exceed the ceiling of 70m, then when it lowers the flight, when the drone hangs low above the ground, the application shows a negative altitude.

https://app.airdata.com/share/tlKREt

Hi,

Had a look at your flight > 2021-05-32-20-53-05.
In this flight no forcelanding bc the condition [0.5 meter AND 100% down ] was not met.
But again the bottom sensor doesn`t work correct, see the chart.
I also notice some gap in values (see bottom chart in chart the green line), the values should not dissapear like this.
Airdata shows the last value for all the next record if VPS height sensor is out of range.

Get DJI to help you out with, imo a warranty claim, your faulty drone.

The barometer altitude is not the same as the bottom height sensor. Negative height is normal to be seen as long as it is withing normal deviation from zero.
If you takeoff from the gound, the baro height is set to zero. If you fly high up and land again at the same spot you would expect to see zero.
But plus or minus some meter is normal, after landing the height is set to zero again.

analysis1.png
2021-6-2
Use props
djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC
lvl.3
Poland

so in your opinion, the drone is defective and it is better to send it under warranty? I wonder if it may be the fault of the software update or the issue of damaged sensors.
2021-6-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC Posted at 6-2 23:15
so in your opinion, the drone is defective and it is better to send it under warranty? I wonder if it may be the fault of the software update or the issue of damaged sensors.

yes, i think your bottem sensor doesn`t work as it should, thus warranty.

I have not read many other AIR2S reporting this issue, so no software related but hardware.

cheers
JJB
2021-6-2
Use props
djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC
lvl.3
Poland

In that case, I will be sending the drone under warranty.
2021-6-3
Use props
Theor
lvl.1

France

I got the exact same problem, and this with 3 consecutives drones. We seriously need an option to desactivate this security during the flight if this happen. ANy advice ? My drones was news.
2023-2-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Theor Posted at 2-2 00:00
I got the exact same problem, and this with 3 consecutives drones. We seriously need an option to desactivate this security during the flight if this happen. ANy advice ? My drones was news.

We all like to have an option to disable Landing Protection.
Asking this for many years now....DJI will not add this to their software!

Buw why not ??  We can disable/enable Obstacle Avoidance....it is the responsibility for the remote pilot to fly with OA disabled (in some flights more risky), so why cannot we disbable Landing Protection?

OR even better for DJI to improve their software....
  • Disable Landing Protection flying with any speed above a certain value [user adjustable] .... Who wants to land a drone flying forward with 10 m/s ??
  • Disable Landing Protection flying above certain baro height value [user adjustable ].... Who wants to land a drone flying at 110 meter baro height??
  • Disable Landing Protection flying distance away from Homepoint [user adjustable ].... Who wants to land a drone far away from HP ??
  • PLus   enable Landing Protection automatically when above 'limits' are not met.

DJI ??

cheers
JJB

2023-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules