Are batteries servicable? Phantom 4 Pro.
876 5 2021-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Guys, i have one that is reporting a problem, did not fly on it for a few months.. it is certainly out of warranty, but i wonder if it's worth considering sending it in and seeing if it would be cheaper than buying a new one at $180? I do not even know if batteries are considered to be repairable after the warranty expires?

GT
2021-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Phantomski. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The lifespan and condition of the battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. For safety purposes please do not use bloated or bulging batteries when flying or operating your drone so that the drone's performance will not be affected or compromised . Using bloated or bulging batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.
2021-6-1
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Hi. this one is not bloated.. it just reports a cell with an issue...   i am used to dji batteries living a long time (i still have old p3 batteries) so that is why i wondered if a p4 battery, aged less than 3 years, with less than 200 charges is serviceable in any way....
I've been using lipo and DJI products for many years, so i am aware of the proper lipo operations.
GT
2021-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Phantomski. You seem very knowledgeable about LiPo batteries. We can only assist on warranty service request for products falling within the warranty period. In your case, we regret to inform you that valid charges will apply. Understanding the possible causes of such issue is very important for our customers; that is why we worked really hard to create a thorough Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines on Intelligent Flight Batteries. You can find it at https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y+Guidelines+En.pdf

Meanwhile, a battery repair will be treated a replacement, and would cost you equal to buying a new one. For your convenience, you may choose to consider getting a replacement battery from our authorized dealers and online partners from this link https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores.

Hoping your understanding in this matter.
2021-6-2
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

got you. i sort of expected that with LiPO, but it never hurts to ask....
Considering the price and how many people go the 3rd party way (and usualy regret it very fast) did u guys ever considered reconditioning older batteries and selling a refurbished series a bit cheaper?
But i would expect "no" just because lipo batteries can be.. rather dangerous when old and faulty.
Also, since i have mini2 now, as well, are those batteries on 6 months warranty like all the others?

Thx and stay safe!
2021-6-2
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

Yes mini 2 batteries DO have a 6 month standard warranty
2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now