Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Single pictures on panorama
3808 24 2021-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sensei-1978
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157736 ft
Germany

Hello.
When i make a panorama there are no single picture on the AIR 2S. I find no options in the Fly App to activate Single picture recording when i make a panorama.
2021-6-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should have a special panorama folder with them in.
2021-6-1
Use props
Sensei-1978
lvl.1
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 6-1 23:51
You should have a special panorama folder with them in.

Yes i know.  On the release of the drone there was a panorama folder on it. But since the last firmware update there a no single pictures after a panorama shooting
2021-6-2
Use props
GBerl001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186781 ft
United States

Have you tried downloading them from the app? I haven't pulled the card since the firmware update but I did just take a panorama after the firmware update and I was able to transfer to my phone using the app.
2021-6-2
Use props
Sensei-1978
lvl.1
Germany

I tried an older Version of the fly app. There is no problem. The newest app version is the problem.
2021-6-2
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Make sure you change the settings to raw+jpeg. You have to change it from the panoramic tab while the drone is connected, it has its own settings tab once you are in that mode. Once you have raw+jpeg selected it creates a separate PANO's folder inside the SD card with all the separate images you have to stitch yourself.

I have a lot of problems stitching the pano's in Lightroom if some of the shots are dark. If they are too dark, Lightroom won't stitch them. It's really annoying and happens quite often if you underexpose your shots if sun is involved etc. If anyone has any good Mac program recommendations for stitching pano's let me know!
2021-6-2
Use props
Sensei-1978
lvl.1
Germany

Yes but the setting are only in an older version of the fly app  there. Not on the New version.
2021-6-2
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sensei-1978 Posted at 6-2 15:18
Yes but the setting are only in an older version of the fly app  there. Not on the New version.

Oh really... it works for me with raw pano shots but I don't know if the options are there I haven't needed to use them for a long time since changing. They also removed the charge/no charge for devices button on the new app for iPhone... annoying!
2021-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

itsdavesdrone Posted at 6-2 14:20
Make sure you change the settings to raw+jpeg. You have to change it from the panoramic tab while the drone is connected, it has its own settings tab once you are in that mode. Once you have raw+jpeg selected it creates a separate PANO's folder inside the SD card with all the separate images you have to stitch yourself.

I have a lot of problems stitching the pano's in Lightroom if some of the shots are dark. If they are too dark, Lightroom won't stitch them. It's really annoying and happens quite often if you underexpose your shots if sun is involved etc. If anyone has any good Mac program recommendations for stitching pano's let me know!

The best most reliable way is to shoot manually, and merge in PS or Lr , you have much more control you can take as many photos as you please. Auto is great for quick jpegs but why go to bother of giving up control when its pretty simple and straightforward manually.
2021-6-2
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just tried a little experiment to see what/where to find the setting to save the individual panorama shots,
This is a screenshot of the setting for that expanded up by touching the "Format" area while in a panorama mode. You can see how I have it set to save the originals as RAW which will save them to a separate folder
This is with the Smart Controller with the latest Android version of the Fly app.. 1.4.2 ..1.4.3 is just IOS I think?

2021-6-2
Use props
Sensei-1978
lvl.1
Germany

Ok i will try it. Then the picture settings are under an other location with the newer app versions. Thank you for your help. I searched the settings on the camera  menu after clicking the three points on the upper right corner.
2021-6-2
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sensei-1978 Posted at 6-2 22:42
Ok i will try it. Then the picture settings are under an other location with the newer app versions. Thank you for your help. I searched the settings on the camera  menu after clicking the three points on the upper right corner.

Yes, as I have outlined in this image, you have to have it in a panorama mode (indicated just above the shutter button) and then touch the "format" area on the lower right to get that setting...
Same as setting most other individual items now....such as the video resolution/frame rate and if in pro/manual mode, shutter, WB, ISO etc

2021-6-3
Use props
Sensei-1978
lvl.1
Germany

jmb63 Posted at 6-3 04:28
Yes, as I have outlined in this image, you have to have it in a panorama mode (indicated just above the shutter button) and then touch the "format" area on the lower right to get that setting...
Same as setting most other individual items now....such as the video resolution/frame rate and if in pro/manual mode, shutter, WB, ISO etc

Thank you very much. Now all is working.
2021-6-3
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

You also have to wait/hover for the panorama to reach 100% before move, if you move the drone before it reaches 100% it will cancel it and the images won't be saved (or maybe it saves only a few of them, but not all).

It should save in the SD every DNG file and a blended JPG.
2021-6-3
Use props
New_Flyer
New

United States

Was wondering the same thing! I just got an Air 2 S. Amazing piece of kit!
2021-6-3
Use props
New_Flyer
New

United States

Was wondering the same thing! I just got an Air 2 S. Amazing piece of kit!
2021-6-3
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sensei-1978 Posted at 6-3 05:43
Thank you very much. Now all is working.

You are Welcome...Enjoy!
2021-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sensei-1978.  I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to sort the issue out after following the post of jmb63 on post #14. Thank you and keep flying.
2021-6-3
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jmb63 Posted at 6-3 04:28
Yes, as I have outlined in this image, you have to have it in a panorama mode (indicated just above the shutter button) and then touch the "format" area on the lower right to get that setting...

Thank you for posting this as it has been wracking my brain trying to resolve it.
2021-6-4
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mavic2018 Posted at 6-4 04:50
Thank you for posting this as it has been wracking my brain trying to resolve it.

You are Welcome...Enjoy!
2021-6-4
Use props
DaanFPV
lvl.1

Netherlands

Any way to have a panorama photo a DNG file?
2021-6-4
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DaanFPV Posted at 6-4 11:36
Any way to have a panorama photo a DNG file?

The panoramas that are "merged/processed" automatically by the drone/app come out as JPG only.
If you want a DNG panorama, you would have to take the saved individual DNG shots and merge them in a program
2021-6-5
Use props
fansc8d59e4a
New
Flight distance : 32582 ft
Dominican Republic

I just have to give you guys a BIG thanks to help me solve the issue. I drove myself crazy thinking that DJI will take care of the stitching of the pictures. The Panorama stitching on the app is SOOOO bad.

I went to the Customer support page on DJI website and the person helping me did not know anything about this issue and could not provide an answer. It's like they are overseas in an office and have NEVER seen or used a drone before... That person was clueless.

Anyways, thanks to you guys!!!! You rock!
2021-6-25
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

There is a separate folder on the SD card, and i can confirm with latest firmware its still there. I think you have to have the drone set to capture JPEG+RAW to get them as the individual ones are RAW I beliieve
2021-6-25
Use props
Jeffiv.com
New

United States

I'm more than proficient with Photoshop (and have created several panoramas from their respective folders, etc) but it occurs to me that it seems kinda like DJI is leaving something out, doesn't it? If they're going to provide the ability to shoot a panorama, why don't THEY provide the software (or do it automatically, as the rest of the process is automated) to ACTUALLY create the panorama? Am I the only person that feels like they kinda stopped before they were finished in this respect? What about people who aren't good with, can't afford, etc. high end post processing software like Photoshop? It really seems like a $2k+ drone should come with everything required to actually produce the end result without additional software.
2023-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules